Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Here's the thing. Assessing what went wrong last year. Facing a strong forecheck, Bruins D become immobile and give up possession. Forwards arent moving and also try to flick out the puck and bad things happen.

This season. Number 1 issue. Breakouts. Late period/late game breakdowns.

There is literally nothing else to work on if your constantly hemmed in (Well D-Zone faceoffs ;-). I'd argue the Bruins are one of the worst teams in the League when it come to possessing the puck towards the neutral zone under pressure.

Our coaching staff during last years playoffs, all season, and this years' playoffs have no answers.
Lot of that is #37.

Reactions: bwunderlich

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I can pretty much guarantee Sweeney won't call out the refs at this conference. It'll be a 3 or 4 question presser before Sweeney hops on the airplane.
If he says he's proud of the team and how they stick up for each other I'm going to lose it. Marchand gets sucker punched and concussed with not one drop of retribution or having their captains backs. All of them should feel shame. Minus Swayman.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The NHL is a bush league. Plain and simple. If you want proof look no further than what they did to keep a team in Arizona for so long. Hilarious. We have replays that are pointless. Goalie interference is a total and absolute question mark. Cheap shots you can see on twitter hours after the game that don’t lead to suspensions….and on and on and on it goes. But Bettman will spew his BS about how great the league is. Snake oil salesman…..
As a habs fan the officiating is pure garbage, because this is something every fan base agrees on. From preseason to regular season to post season. From game to game and even period to period. "Game management" hot mic, to even announcers talking freely about when make up call is going to come.

Sure it 'comes out in the wash' but how do you build a team, or coach, or play when you don't know when a penalty is a penalty.

Hate your team, but I can agree the officials were dog crap. Is it a legit call for interference, sure by the book. But again because of subjectivity and prior reffing most would say that's a crap call. Doesn't mean it isn't a penalty. It mean the league is garbage.

Players safety and head shots is another issue. Regardless of your team we can all agree that no one is concerned with actually getting head shots out of the league.

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
Sounds like they will be covering the press conference on Sports Hub. Pretty confident it will be announcing that Marchand has a concussion and is done for the series.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Just tuned in and the first thing I heard….

“No intention on my part to be critical”.

D. Sweeney

Summarizing the next 30 seconds..

“Ask the officials”
What a bucket of play doh, if the Jacob’s family had any respect for the players or fans they’d tell Sweeney to clean out his shit he’s done immediately and take his co clown Neely with him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
More from milquetoast Donny.

DOPS needs to deal with the punch to Marchand.

There’s no frustration on our part, we had a 2-0 lead.

Toronto probably felt the same way in last srries vs. us.

We’re not a volume shooting team.

Such an inspiring leader.

I’m a better person for hearing this.

I had low expectations for this, but am still disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad