Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
In such an important game they took some really dumb penalties tonight. Like brain dead dumb. Not even like they were getting their pound of flesh from the Panthers. Just stupidity

That’s lack of focus, that’s coaching, that’s team leadership not having them dialed in and ready to go
The team is filled with low IQ players including 73\88.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Love the guy's swagger, but Maroon can hang out with Grzelcyk and Forbort in the press box next game. If Boqvist is healthy, I would love to see a 4th line of Lauko-Boqvist-Brazeau.

Beecher has been creating ZILCH offensively.
The only thing Beecher has provided is some face off wins. He has been very disappointing IMO . I was not expecting a lot from him ,but he has size and speed ,but he has failed to use both

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
View attachment 869825
Rule 69. Goalie interference. If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.
Be sure not to call this a mistake. Rules of the game were intentionally disregarded to reach a desired outcome.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This team was not built to go far anyway, even with Maroon supposedly adding toughness, he is so slow he makes Lucic look like McDavid, he is always a dollar short and a day late to get there in time to make a hit. Zacha and Coyle are not top 6 centers, they would be fine 3rd line guys, but they were punching above their weight all season. Zacha has now played in 18 playoff games for the Bruins since last year and has 0 goals. They need major changes in the off-season, Monty, Sacco, Kelly and Sweeney all need to go. Get a competent GM and coach from outside the organization, not this old boys club type of deal. Sign some good free agents and make a few trades. That is my rant, as for game 5, I will not watch as long as the NHL officials are so blatantly biased. Panthers can do whatever they want with no calls, then the B's get called for practically nothing, if Marchand punched a guy like that, he would have been kicked out and suspended.
RS Coyle is a lower level 2C. He is overmatched when u get to the 2nd round where matchup are everything.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Love the guy's swagger, but Maroon can hang out with Grzelcyk and Forbort in the press box next game. If Boqvist is healthy, I would love to see a 4th line of Lauko-Boqvist-Brazeau.

Beecher has been creating ZILCH offensively.

The line cannot create anything with Maroon's lack of speed. Even his beloved board battles rarely contribute.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Play hard, yes. On the line? Seriously?
- Bennett's sucker punch
- Bennett's goalie interference
- Bobrovki's flop on Lauko's contact

It's a team of cheaters and divers worthy of the toilet seat logo.
They’ve helped along a ton of borderline calls for sure. The GI play isn’t a dirty play by Bennett though. It’s a run of the mill cross check in front of the net, and it’s usually called a penalty. The egregious part of that play was just the missed call, and then the odd ruling on the review

The punch i can’t defend. I do however, wish Boston had a little more of that nasty in them. I’d rather be a habitual line stepper than a team of gentle giants

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
View attachment 869825
Rule 69. Goalie interference. If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.
Same call happened against the Bruins in 2018. What is annoying, is the inconsistency of how goaltender interference is being called.

Other times, we see players' backs graze a goalie's glove outside the blue paint and have it called goaltender's interference, sometimes even a slight touch of the skate (2018 example also in this video).

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If Monty’s attitude rubs off on the team and that’s the reason they don’t have the intensity factor.

Then why did they have the exact same problems under and intense coach like Cassidy?
Much like Nylander\Matthews injuries doomed Leafs, #37 career ending spinal injury sunk Boston. Healthy #37 Boston beats Panthers.

Reactions: goflyakite

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
What I don't understand is how Pang didn't even mention, he had the best view. It really makes me leery the NHL is very good at muting its employees and contractors as to not tarnish the brand.

He did say outright how he saw it right in front of him, but then swiftly switched to a different train of thought. Very likely the NHL has quite a bit of scrutiny on this series.

Reactions: goflyakite and BTO

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I don’t understand some people. Shots mean nothing. We had a massive amount of great chances. More than FLA. WHO CARES ABOUR THE amount of shots.
I think its the style that upsets me and most others. During the regular season the Bruins were aggressive with a 2 man forecheck and pinching D , The playoffs they've been sending 1 skater and everyone else peels back , they are so afraid to get beat on a odd man rush. Sure they had some great chances but with lack of quantinty the pressure is on to bury most of them.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
This is when I really started questioning my NHL fandom, and dialed back my time spent watching considerably:

But this series vs Florida - specifically the Marchand non-call/subsequent review from Toronto and the allowed Bennett goal last night - has pushed me off the cliff. I no longer consider myself a fan of NHL hockey. I'll still watch the playoffs from time to time, but (as was the case this season) I will not be watching a second of the regular season moving forward. Horrific product.

Edit to add: the Tim Peel incident confirming what we all knew/know is what really solidifies it for me.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Directly from an agent

Worse than the ego driven MLB umpires which is saying something.

However, that threat is empty. Fined 50k which the Bruins ownership covers with ease. Make the statement, do not be a coward. Montgomery failed.

Coyle took a crosscheck in front of the Florida goal end of the 2nd.
Crosscheck from Bennett to tie the game.

Both were at least as egregious as any of the crosschecks in the Toronto series, an alleged automatic penalty this year unless a Bruin is on the receiving end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad