Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Up to? Ya maybe lol are we counting things that should be Majors as multiple penalties?

Wanna meet around the middle of double and triple and say 27 penalties — which would be just a few more than what Boston has received through four games?

The second most penalized team in the league (1st out of those that made the playoffs) has 11 penalties through four games against us and you’re worried about the semantics of double and triple.

Yes let’s use a little common sense.

Florida is dominating us with puck possession. When do the vast majority of penalties happen? They happen to the defensive team in the defensive zone the vast majority of the time.

Offensive zone penalties are rare because the person possessing the puck is unlikely to commit a penalty.

When you are getting dominated 2:1 in puck possession and shots then it is likely penalties will reflect that as well.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This game was rigged. You can see it a mile away.
Yes...The stripes have been against the Bs on some major calls...BUT the Bs need a couple of top line players. I don't know any Bs fans that thought they had the horses to go very far.

I don't blame most of the Bs players as some have played above their level all season (sometimes looking pretty good). Mac had a rough time in some of the games.

I am still pissed at them getting away with taking our captain out with no punishment. They are a very dirty team, and the refs allowed it. I hope the Rags take them in 4.

I wanted them to get to the second round and they did. They have some good young players and a few solid vets. I hope the can pick up a couple of players.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Teams usually go through the wall for their captain. Bruins haven't shown this elemant at all. Marchy is the face of the Bruins. When you see what Bennett actually did to your captain you should be pissed. There are no excuses you either exact a pound of flesh or you are looked at as weak by the opposition. Marchy can make plays and the Bruins sorely miss that element last night.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think this series would be alot different with an healthy Poitras and with Lucic instead of Maroon
Poitras would have gotten killed he terrified me to watch when he was on the ice ,every shift he came close to getting killed from hits ,hell even when he went to play for the junior team it was the same thing.The kid needs to bulk up and strengthen himself,especially his lower body strength so as not to get knocked off the puck so easily.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
How about what Maurice said during a break in the play “Two goal lead, that’s nothing in the playoffs”
The bruins and their management would be in the fetal position down two goals.
Yeah, it's nothing when you have a bunch of offensive weapons at your disposal.

If Pasta isn't burying his chances, Monty has to rely on the likes of Zacha, Coyle, Heinen and Debrusk to get a big goal.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
You know the Bruins got jobbed on both the Bennett hit on Marchand and that GI 2nd goal when Montreal media is calling it out.

It's really that bad this season. I can't be mad about losing, with the way the Bruins have played to beat themselves you can't expect to win much, but the refereeing is extremely disheartening to see without feeling like we're getting jobbed on top of losing anyways. It's kind of killed my appetite to finish watching the rest of the playoffs to the Final.

Bless you Swayman for taking them this far.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Poitras would have gotten killed he terrified me to watch when he was on the ice ,every shift he came close to getting killed from hits ,hell even when he went to play for the junior team it was the same thing.The kid needs to bulk up and strengthen himself,especially his lower body strength so as not to get knocked off the puck so easily.
Poitras should of spent another year with the Guelph Storm OHL. They have all the facilities needed to work on strength. Bruins would of given him instruction of what he needed to work on and he could use that in games to improve his game. It's a hell of a jump up to pro from the OHL. Not many young guys are ready. Bedard ended up with a broken jaw. They don't take prisoners in the NHL.

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If that’s the case then why would you even be allowed to challenge? Make it an unchallengeable thing if you can’t overturn a goal where there was no call.

I think they just completely blew it four times. Twice from the refs missing the penalty and then allowing the goal (not that it was the case here but there’s instances all the time where they disallow a goal but don’t call a penalty due to “incidental contact”), and then another two times from the situation room. It’s almost unbelievable.
Almost.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
When the officials for Game 4 were announced I reacted strongly and even posted this vintage song.

I WANTED TO BE 100% WRONG BUT........

I can't explain why the reverse angle on the hit on Marchand didn't surface for 36 hours but it was not intentional, it was simply overlooked. Today the video of every camera in the venue is saved on a server which was not the case when we used videotape.

What I can tell you is both the situation room and BHL Player Safety in New York were sent the file automatically.

The reverse angle cameras are 'global' which means they can be used by any of the networks and Sportsnet had they seen it would have used it based on what Sam Bennett did last year in the Leafs/Panthers series.

So this series after 4 games is exactly like last year with the top-seeded team going home with a 3-1 lead............

“it was not intentional, it was simply overlooked.” More accurately, it was not intentional, it was incompetence.

Ya think they might have asked “do we have a reverse angle on this?” f***ing moron tools.

Reactions: goflyakite and BB79

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20240513-072412-734.png

Rule 69. Goalie interference. If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Fans calling for our team to do anything in game 5 is a joke. Who's legit going to do something? Pasta? No thanks! McAvoy- he might take a run at him but doesn't seem to have it in his DNA to cheap shot a guy or jump someone.

Maroon is not tough, he's big, that's it. He likes to try to intimidate but he's a sideshow. Freddy "tried" to get Bennett to go last night in the 1st but Bennett wouldn't. Sad thing is, Bennett pumps every other Bruin I didn't name, and it's not even close. So unless someone is risking a suspension to start 2025, we're stuck with Freddy or Maroon getting "no's" from Bennett in game 5 and us fans clamoring over the offseason about lack of response to our captain.

The big callout I saw here from @DKH was how Lucic screwed us, and he couldn't be more right. I don't think this team collapses against the Leafs with him in the line up. I think they're likely up in the series or at least tied against the Panthers, and I imagine Rempe would have been asking for his release if he knew he had to face Looch in a 7 game series. The guy wasn't going to light the world on fire in terms of goals or points, but the Panthers are beating us because they can intimidate us and play that non-stop forechecking game that's makes them so successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad