Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
1715599510058.png

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I mean I get it… the Bruins haven’t been good enough — but the rats have committed more than enough infractions to have double or tripled their current numbers.

So you think Florida should have up to 33 penalties? Come on….

I mean hell how many of our penalties are stupid stuff like too many men on the ice or geekie running untouched into the goalie.

Hell most of our own penalties are incredibly dumb plays that we make.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I mean hell how many of our penalties are stupid stuff like too many men on the ice or geekie running untouched into the goalie.

I think they meant double their own, not double what the bruins have

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This team was not built to go far anyway, even with Maroon supposedly adding toughness, he is so slow he makes Lucic look like McDavid, he is always a dollar short and a day late to get there in time to make a hit. Zacha and Coyle are not top 6 centers, they would be fine 3rd line guys, but they were punching above their weight all season. Zacha has now played in 18 playoff games for the Bruins since last year and has 0 goals. They need major changes in the off-season, Monty, Sacco, Kelly and Sweeney all need to go. Get a competent GM and coach from outside the organization, not this old boys club type of deal. Sign some good free agents and make a few trades. That is my rant, as for game 5, I will not watch as long as the NHL officials are so blatantly biased. Panthers can do whatever they want with no calls, then the B's get called for practically nothing, if Marchand punched a guy like that, he would have been kicked out and suspended.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It is not only the Bruins that are running scared it is the refs, Bettman and George Parros.

What a f***** joke.

Monty should of never challenged that goal in my opinion. Just killed another 2 minutes of 5 on 5. No crosscheck called, forget it.

Reactions: bbfan419

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Officials this, officials that. Come on now. Sounds a bit, "Leaf-ish fan". We all know the officiating, to put it mildly, is suspect. Seems to be a league wide issue that doesn't just pertain to us.

20 friggn shots on net as you're fighting to stay alive in a series you trail, isn't a bold strategy, Cotton. If you're going to lose, at least have some fight and take some heads with ya. I'll continue to love this team, yet have no expectations of a W, come game 5.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins not coming out with a 2 or 3 goal lead of second was a killer it could have allowed for that fraud Bennett goal

Florida shoots from everywhere the Bruins had 3 grade A chances infront of us - should have buried at least one

Game Bruins should have had

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario

Up to? Ya maybe lol are we counting things that should be Majors as multiple penalties?

Wanna meet around the middle of double and triple and say 27 penalties — which would be just a few more than what Boston has received through four games?

The second most penalized team in the league (1st out of those that made the playoffs) has 11 penalties through four games against us and you’re worried about the semantics of double and triple.

Reactions: Gordoff

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
I’d be a lot more angry about the officiating if the series could have turned out differently, but this is a clear mismatch.

From the coaching to the roster, Florida is simply better. Noticeably better. Hopefully the offseason is a good one.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Officials this, officials that. Come on now. Sounds a bit, "Leaf-ish fan". We all know the officiating, to put it mildly, is suspect. Seems to be a league wide issue that doesn't just pertain to us.

20 friggn shots on net as you're fighting to stay alive in a series you trail, isn't a bold strategy, Cotton. If you're going to lose, at least have some fight and take some heads with ya. I'll continue to love this team, yet have no expectations of a W, come game 5.
You are right that this Bruins team is just not that good, but come on look at the sucker punch Bennett had on Marchand, then the cross check to Coyle that caused a goal, no call on either. The Bruins get called right after for very minor case of interference, there is something going on, maybe the NHL is not happy, because we beat out their darling maple leafs again.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think this series would be alot different with an healthy Poitras and with Lucic instead of Maroon

Poitras was getting destroyed by run of the mill NHLers.

In a series against the Panthers he would have been sent to the emergency room. He needs to learn to protect himself more before I start thinking he’d be a difference maker in this series.

And Lucic would be out of gas at this point in the season even if he didn’t physically assault the mother of his children

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You are right that this Bruins team is just not that good, but come on look at the sucker punch Bennett had on Marchand, then the cross check to Coyle that caused a goal, no call on either. The Bruins get called right after for very minor case of interference, there is something going on, maybe the NHL is not happy, because we beat out their darling maple leafs again.
This was a bridge year to me

I’m on record here 98 points battling for 7th 8th seed

Wiped out first round

Very good season and team will be a lot better to me - 25 Dudes will disagree but that’s why they are the 25 Dudes

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I’m the Bruins I start my exit interviews today.
Zacha: have fun in Utah.
Coyle: well I guess we gotta keep you because we need someone to play centre. On second thought, have fun in Utah.
DeBrusk: say hi to daddy in Edm (wan’t pure trash but tired of his up and down clown show).
McAvoy: WTF was that?
Beecher: good job. See you in September.
Lohrei: great job. See you in September.
Swayman: how much $$$$?
Monty: f*** you.
Sweeney: f*** off.
Neely: you’re a Bruins legend, so can’t say what we said to Sweeney so bye.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Bruins not coming out with a 2 or 3 goal lead of second was a killer it could have allowed for that fraud Bennett goal

Florida shoots from everywhere the Bruins had 3 grade A chances infront of us - should have buried at least one

Game Bruins should have had
Bruins just do not have the skillset to bury Grade A chances. Even our second goal was a bit weak on Bobrovsky's part. It is what it is this year and nothing we can do about it will change the series outcome.

Reactions: TCB, BTO and bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Teams have to have "playoff type players" to compliment their stars. Bruins best playoff player is Sway. In every hard fought series you see the same players impacting games. Sweeney brought in Maroon but no Panther will fight. He ends up in the box anyway. You can only go to the well ao many times before you need a rebuild.

Reactions: TCB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
stop it !!!! Time to completely mix it up. Add some fresh players. Bring up Merk and McMuffin. Other than Pasta there is zero skill on this team. So frustrating to watch. Out with turtles JVR and Maroon. I can't stand watching them coasting. Mix it up!!!!!

Last edited:

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Didn’t see the game but precisely what, pray tell, did McDavid dd to deserve that. Bennett? Yup. But McDavid? That’s pure trash.
As a Sharks fan I have disliked McDavid since he couldn’t produce in round 1 against them so he resorted to throwing elbows around (mainly on Couture who had recently returned from a head injury and was wearing a cage).

Those guys that cross checked him definitely deserved penalties, but I won’t lose sleep at McDavid receiving some nastiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad