Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If Monty’s attitude rubs off on the team and that’s the reason they don’t have the intensity factor.

Then why did they have the exact same problems under and intense coach like Cassidy?
Not sure I’d say Cassidy was intense. But the point is well taken. They always take the high road. Some of us (Fenian) have been raising flags since 2015ish about the loss of toughness. We get the fighting needs to be taken out backlash. We’ll, I see a tough team in Florida. I saw a tough team in St. Louis. I saw a tough team in Chicago. Forechecking and finishing your checks has been taken out of the Boston book.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
He’s not going scorched earth on the officiating I’m out on Monty
I am tired off looking at the stupid grin on his face when the call goes against the Bruins. This guy is clueless and needs to go and he can take Sacco and Kelly with him.

Boston Bruins have never won a playoff series after being down 3-1 - They are 0-25 all-time.
They are due, payback to Florida for the comeback last year.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
1. Bruins came out buzzing, McAvoy set the tone early which had the building rocking.
2. I didn't have a problem with Pasta punching that guy in the face in front of the net. He took a penalty, but I'd rather it be for that than some of the bullshit calls later in the game.
3. The Bruins top 9 forwards, with or without Marchy, are just not skilled enough. I feel for Pasta as he's looked on to do wayyyyy too much and you can see it in his play at times. Needs to be addressed in the offseason.
4. Maroon and JVR are way too slow for the NHL now. I was hyped on Maroon coming here, to provide some much needed toughness but we need to find that elsewhere. We need to find a Rempe.....but a guy who can actually fight. That kid is going to have brain damage if someone doesn't teach him soon.
5. 18 shots are not enough.....but can't blame the forwards, the defense can't get the f***ing puck out of their end. Panthers are doing little tip plays between their legs to their teammates and are up the ice while the bruins cycle it 10 times and then get hemmed in.
6. I'm as hardcore of a Bruins fan as anyone, but gotaa call a spade a spade.......this Panthers team is just way too good for this Bruins roster. I could see them getting lit up in Florida on Tuesday.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Does Sam Bennett have compromising photos of Gary Bettman or George Parros? He gets away with so much garbage, should have been suspended for the sucker punch on Marchand and there was nothing, same last year on Knies. Then the cross check on Coyle that results in a goal, that one felt like the Sutherland no-call against the Blues.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1715597138505.jpeg

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
These playoffs are a carbon copy of 2018 postseason. Bruins choke away 3:1 lead to Toronto only to salvage the series in game 7, then demolish Tampa in game 1 and fall apart since, with pivotal game 4 in Boston being severly impacted by a BS call (iirc a Bruin defenseman got tripped, which lead to Tampa goal to make it 2:2 and then steal it in OT.)

Unlike the Tampa series, I am fortunately not watching anymore, wanted them to beat the Leafs, so I am more or less happy with the season. It still sucks Bruins got hosed so bad two games in row though, had I watched this crap live I can't imagine how pissed I would be. Seeing the bullshit from highlights is bad enough.

Silver lining here is that the team is just bad. Swayman is excellent, but can you imagine a Stanley Cup winning team with freaking Zacha and Coyle as the top centers? lol
Hopefully they find a way to trade Ullmark and with some other bad contracts coming off the book, they will have the cap space to get an actual top 6 C.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
These playoffs are a carbon copy of 2018 postseason. Bruins choke away 3:1 lead to Toronto only to salvage the series in game 7, then demolish Tampa in game 1 and fall apart since, with pivotal game 4 in Boston being severly impacted by a BS call (iirc a Bruin defenseman got tripped, which lead to Tampa goal to make it 2:2 and then steal it in OT.)

Unlike the Tampa series, I am fortunately not watching anymore, wanted them to beat the Leafs, so I am more or less happy with the season. It still sucks Bruins got hosed so bad two games in row though, had I watched this crap live I can't imagine how pissed I would be. Seeing the bullshit from highlights is bad enough.

Silver lining here is that the team is just bad. Swayman is excellent, but can you imagine a Stanley Cup winning team with freaking Zacha and Coyle as the top centers? lol
Hopefully they find a way to trade Ullmark and with some other bad contracts coming off the book, they will have the cap space to get an actual top 6 C.
Didn’t realize that but you’re right, it’s very similar to 2018. The good news is that they went really far the next season

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Another idiot who thinks we are all stupid.

“Obviously I’m not trying to punch him in the head like everyone’s saying. Other people can have different opinions. I braced myself for him coming to hit me. There’s no way I would have time to think about punching him in the head,” Bennett said, via B/R Open Ice.

Liam McHugh asked the Panthers forward about his game-tying goal against the Bruins on Sunday night. Bennett defended his actions during this play. “On that one, it’s a little shove. I’m putting the puck in the net before Swayman’s gonna have an opportunity. Whether (Charlie Coyle) is in his grill or now, I believe I’m putting that puck in before he’s getting across no matter what,” the Florida veteran said, via B/R Open Ice.

This goal will certainly loom large over this series. Especially if the Panthers go on to eliminate the Bruins in Game 5. Fans can tune into that crucial game on Tuesday night. Puck drop is currently scheduled for 7 PM Eastern Time. And it’ll certainly be an intense game of hockey with Boston’s season on the line.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The refs miss 100% of the calls against Florida
-Me

:laugh: 2 SOG in the 3rd isn't cutting it. The Bruins are playing stupid hockey, letting them get under their skin
If/when they do lose they should immediately skate off the ice, eff the handshake line.......the panthers don't deserve that respect.
No respect in the handshake line. The Bruins shook the Leafs hands. That puts them below the Leafs...it's brilliant

Last edited:

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Going to be hard for the bruins to get calls. Considering most penalties happen in the defensive zone, as offensive zone penalties are much more rare…

That would require the Bruins to actually possess the puck in the offensive zone.
I mean I get it… the Bruins haven’t been good enough — but the rats have committed more than enough infractions to have double or tripled their current numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad