Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I will tell you this much, I have to ask myself if it's worth continuing to pay for the NHL hockey package next year. That officiating bordered on corruption and if there's even a possibility of that I am out. These last 2 games have been about as one sided as you can get. Marchand gets knocked out of the series on a blatant cheap shot and nothing from this Mickey Mouse league. Then tonight on their tying goal Coyle is cross checked and the no goalie interference call, not sure I can stand much more of this.
Nope.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The non cross check call leading to the non goalie interference reminded me of the non slew foot call in finals game 5 in 2019. Yeah, I get it, the referee will claim it was only a slight push and Coyle's momentum blocked Swayman. Heard it all before.That said, Barkov played a very good game with a great individual effort on the go head goal showing what a true number one center looks like and can do. Some how some way the Bruins need to find a number one center.Bruins looked exhausted in the third and seemed to be overmatched unable to generate any sustained offense.

On to game five and pray for a miracle.

They are overmatched.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Here is why Monty and the FO won’t say squat. The dictator that runs the NHL won’t let anyone speak about about his magical league which is simply pathetic.

Bettman does the bidding of the owners.

So the owners want the nhl officials above reproach.

I’m guessing it’s the slippery slope issue where you let one ref get blasted by the team, it becomes a story, and then every call that ref makes is under a microscope. It then effects his ability to ref the game properly. If one coach went off on the guy to the media, any grey area call can be interpreted as retribution, etc etc. Ref then has to be pulled from the series due to that type of controversy.

I get it, but there’s gotta be a better way to handle it

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715570295690.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bettman does the bidding of the owners.

So the owners want the nhl officials above reproach.

I’m guessing it’s the slippery slope issue where you let one ref get blasted by the team, it becomes a story, and then every call that ref makes is under a microscope. It then effects his ability to ref the game properly. If one coach went off on the guy to the media, any grey area call can be interpreted as retribution, etc etc. Ref the has to be pulled from the series due to that type of controversy.

I get it, but there’s gotta be a better way to handle it
i would prefer the scorched earth policy. Even just saying “We really didn’t agree with that call, nor did we agree with their guy skating away with nothing when Brad got punched in the face” would be lovely though

Reactions: easton117

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Alright…I’ll do the league:

“Ehh, from the angle we were provided on the Bennett cheap shot, we didn’t see anything conclusive. So we went with nothing. It’s Marchand and the Bruins, we really don’t like them anyway, so no need to think more on it.”

New angle comes out tonight.

“This is embarrassing. Our best move is to do nothing and act like nothing happened. People will complain. But that’s nothing new, we routinely make horrible decisions. Just don’t give them any air and it will go away.”

“Get a memo out to our media lackeys who will carry water for whatever narrative we create…have that story done by morning.”

“We’re not happy the way that Bennett embarrassed us when we said we’re watching…but doing Marchand and the Bruins makes us chuckle…but ya know, head shots, it’s supposed to be our thing…so we’ll have to pay him back when given a chance…probably next round. Head shots are bad, embarrassing us is worse.”

“So…who’s the next set of hatchet men we can put in stripes for game five? Rooney? Ohhh yeah, perfect. *chuckles*”

“Hey! Look. I told you Monty was gonna be a good boy. You owe me $50.”

Last edited:

Bruins Or Die

May 15, 2021
I said I wasn’t going to get angry this series at all. I lied.

So a different coach would raise the talent quotient on this team? Perhaps a better FO would be able to accomplish that.
Having said that I can only hope the FO can sign their best player J-SWAY. W/o him tonight the score would have been a whole lot worse.
No goalie in these PO's has gotten less support from his defense. Pathetic.
No, the lack of talent is clearly on the front office, but I don't like many of Montgomery's coaching decisions, at least during the playoffs. I feel he's made some dumb lineup choices this year like when he changed a winning lineup going into game 5 of the Toronto series or his perplexing in-game decisions like not shorting his bench when he's down a goal and there are five minutes left in a game. He just seems clueless to me.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The Bruins have become the kings of a soft corner dump, where the only guy even attempting to get to the corner is the same guy lobbing it in. ZERO pressure put on Florida. They just turn, short pass D to D, and then they’ve got 50 feet of runway to work with
This, among other glaring, inexplicable, inexcusable, UNADDRESSED COACHING FAILURES, HAVE REPEATEDLY BEEN SPOTLIGHTED BY THOSE WHO KNOW THE GAME FAR BETTER THAN ME. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NO ADJUSTMENTS OF ANY POSITIVE NATURE.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The challenge was a Hail Mary, but it was so dumb that it had me screaming at the screen. It was obviously a good goal and taking another minor was not a very smart in a tied game. They were lucky to kill it off. Too bad the winning goal was the result of four different Bruins waving their sticks at Barkov as he skated past.
Obviously a good goal?

Reactions: BTO and GloveSave1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This, among other glaring, inexplicable, inexcusable, UNADDRESSED COACHING FAILURES, HAVE REPEATEDLY BEEN SPOTLIGHTED BY THOSE WHO KNOW THE GAME FAR BETTER THAN ME. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NO ADJUSTMENTS OF ANY POSITIVE NATURE.
My girlfriend, god bless her, doesn’t know the rules and was half asleep on the couch…even she chimed in at one point with “i feel like the panthers have a lot more room to turn around and get it out”

I’m not an X and O guy. But I know enough that what they are doing just isn’t working. Not even close. It’s been like 7 straight games of it too

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Not shocked the league awards teams with deviants 1st overall generational talents and at the same time employees refs who stare at penalties but refuse to call them. Garbage league for a million reasons. There's a reason hockey is a distant 4th in popularity

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Holy shit can this guy speak up for once like what could it possibly take if not for tonight’s shenanigans and the headshot on your Captain.
They can’t criticize the officials. League made it really clear with management, coaches and players at the beginning of the season that “abuse of the officials” won’t be tolerated. It sucks and it needs to change but him doing it will only hurt the team more

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Challenge Initiated By: Boston

Type of Challenge: Goaltender Interference

Result: Original call is confirmed – Goal Florida

Explanation: Video review supported the Referees’ call on the ice that that the shove by Florida’s Sam Bennett on Charlie Coyle and the subsequent contact with Jeremy Swayman did not prevent Swayman from playing his position in the crease prior to Bennett’s goal.

Penalty:
2:00 minor penalty: Delay of Game – Unsuccessful Challenge​
Beyond ridiculous. How is he supposed to move to block the shot with Coyle on top of him?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bruins took 6 penalties & not one for dealing with Bennett.Let that sink in.

In such an important game they took some really dumb penalties tonight. Like brain dead dumb. Not even like they were getting their pound of flesh from the Panthers. Just stupidity

That’s lack of focus, that’s coaching, that’s team leadership not having them dialed in and ready to go

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad