Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If you want to see a stat to make you sad, check out the Wikipedia page on the Stanley Cup finals to see which team has the worst winning percentage of those who have been to the finals 20 times or more. Yes, it's the Bruins with a .300 record: Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia.

The Leafs may not have won one since 1967, but at least their Cup-winning record is .619.
Oh I knew about that one sadly.We’re the runner up at the beauty pageant

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
He’s not going scorched earth on the officiating I’m out on Monty
Soft like the team.

I like Monty, it probably isn't fair for him to be fired for this season but i'm tired of watching teams punk the Bruins because while they may not be as skilled, are at least close enough that manhandling the Bruins physically wins them the series. The most successful three years stretch this team has had in my lifetime was being a skilled enough team, but meaner and nastier than everyone else. It's time to get back to that and obviously Monty doesn't build the roster but the Bruins just play soft despite having some big boys. You think Berube would have them playing the same way?

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Did any player show any bit of extended effort or fight in the 3rd period in your opinion?

I saw a lot of panic. I saw zero structure and a bunch of hope plays.

That’s coaching and leadership.

Even depth NHLers can stick to structure if the coaching is good enough.

I saw a bunch of guys who didn’t know what to do when they were down a single goal at home with 10 minutes to go

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
W
Why he mortgages the farm last year for us to win the cup. 2019 cup in building that goof bruce puts kuhlman for backes. We should have had a cup by now.
Don stop. Enough’s enough. You’re right about last year, but Sweeney built the softest Bruins team in history. Is that really the type of team and hence GM you want going forward.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I know the NHL is trying to build their fan base in Florida but they are going to lose fans in Boston. They have been screwing us over for far too long now.
Bruins screw themselves, just are not talented enough a lot of the time, cannot win home playoff games, cannot build on a lead, are very inconsistent, a few players think that they are capable of beating teams by themselves, no real backbone, etc.

Reffing does not help but quit crying and perform on the ice so you will not have to worry if you get a couple of extra calls against you.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Bs1011

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I said going into the playoffs that they had exceeded my expectations, but a series win would’ve been nice.

I got that.

They just don’t have the horses to overcome these obviously better teams.

Still can’t get over the lack of fight though. Just makes me sad. We are always beat over the head about what a “great room” they have and yet no fight? Like barely anything? Bums me out.

Yeah, stop selling me that 'Boston Proud/Strong/Culture' narrative. It isn't the case and the last 4 years kind of prove it.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Look at the Canucks topic six defenceman and then look at ours. It is a joke. They got new management in there and a new coach and completely turned that team around in a couple years. They have done pretty much everything right. It all starts at the top.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
They DID score and they WERE leading until that debacle of a call. Everyone understands more shots, blah blah blah. In the playoffs, all that matters is a win. With Swayman playing so well, it was quite possible the Bruins could have held on and won that game.

Tied going to Florida this team had a chance. A small chance but a chance. Inexplicably the NHL wants Florida to thrive. This postseason and last.

Something suspicious with it. Florida Panthers certainly has low attendance, perhaps they imagine in 20 years there may be some fans watching down there.

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Look at the Canucks topic six defenceman and then look at ours. It is a joke. They got new management in there and a new coach and completely turned that team around in a couple years. They have done pretty much everything right. It all starts at the top.
This, tell Sweeney and Neely they can retire or be fired. We need a different mind building the bench.

Reactions: Gordoff and Zillah

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
This team is a close game type of team. The calls will have a greater affect.

I’m not sure how I can validate firing Montgomery. Look at this team and look at their talent. Not expected to make the playoffs let alone win a series. In the moment, I’m heated because they had the lead and let it slip. But in reality, this team isn’t as talented. Those are the facts.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
They DID score and they WERE leading until that debacle of a call. Everyone understands more shots, blah blah blah. In the playoffs, all that matters is a win. With Swayman playing so well, it was quite possible the Bruins could have held on and won that game.
Also, just counting shots is getting silly. We had multiple great chances to extend that lead. They throw a ton of nothing shots on us. They also get a lot of help getting shot opportunities. with all the PPs they are getting.

Without Swaymam, Florida was probably a better team tonight. But not 42-18 better.

And Swayman is a part of this team. so acting like him saving a lot of those extra shots isn't part of the conversation of who is the better team is silly.

Reactions: HumBucker

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Brandon Carlo is T-3rd among Bruins in goals. That right there sums up how atrocious or offense has been.
Yep one of the few that has stepped it up. Every player has had some moments. NO ONE has been consistent game to game

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

To each their own. If pinning this 100% on the refs makes you sleep better, have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad