Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He is completely incapable of breaking the puck cleanly out of his own end. It’s painful to watch.

That’s supposed to be his strong suite.
Puck retrieval and a strong first pass.

He’s not physical, he’s not an offensive dynamo in the O Zone.

Right now he’s mediocre to below average at everything

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
The far better team is going to win this series.

Much more high end talent, more depth, better coaching, more effort and better system. It’s obvious.

Sucks to have to play the refs too, but if you can’t muster 20 shots on the regular, you’re just not nearly good enough.

Make some sweeping changes.
This is not a knock on the cats but having a bunch of top 5 picks should eventually get you to being cup contenders. Feels like the B’s are just circling the drain of mediocrity being stuck losing or winning one round in the playoffs and picking late with nothing to show for it.

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
The bad calls suck but all signs are that we choke the lead away regardless. Team is gassed.

Florida isn’t that much better it’s still a close series I don’t think 3-1’ing them is totally out of the question.
Your positive attitude is great BUT Florida is much better than Boston and we are also playing against the officials. 22 penalties for Bosto ln and 11 for Florida. Terrible officiating, the. You throw in the lack of talent Boston has along with a team that doesn’t shoot and there’s your recipe to get embarrassed 5 games

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t care anything about how the Bruins played. Obviously the Panthers are better than us and we all knew it. All year.

But to get a game like that? I’m not a screeching about the refs guy. This was a full out bag job by Toronto. And I just don’t understand why. Why do they want a rat ass, cheap, diving team to be the face of the league. It’s honestly baffling.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
True…and if someone 15 seconds earlier made a different play, maybe that goal never happens too.

But Coyle was illegally cross checked into Swayman, and it should have been called.
Series is over now so only thing matters to me is cleaning out the trash.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

And exacting some revenge on Florida.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
It’s not crazy I agree but they stopped playing after the 2nd goal that’s not on the officiating.
It's a one goal game and at least one goal was given to the other team.

To pretend the refs didn't decide that game is frankly dumb.

Are there things the Bruins could have done better? Yes, that's how sports work. There were plenty of things Florida could have done better too.

So, because it's a close game and both teams were not perfect, does that mean the refs can just do whatever they want to decide the game and no one can mention it? Yeah, that makes sense.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And yet we were leading, until that horrible call. Swayman was playing great. That game was winnable, despite not generating enough shots.

Lets be honest, we were only leading because Swayman continues to play out of his mind. It wasn't a matter IF Florida would score again, it was a matter of when. 2 goals wasn't going to win you a game.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
The bad calls suck but all signs are that we choke the lead away regardless. Team is gassed.

Florida isn’t that much better it’s still a close series I don’t think 3-1’ing them is totally out of the question.
That’s what happens when you hem a team in their zone, it tires them out. FL plays that way from puck drop to final buzzer. How many times in the last few games have the Bruins had extended time in their zone? They don’t, it’s one and done. They just don’t have the will to play that trench work game.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruins Or Die

May 15, 2021
Why am I not surprised
If you want to see a stat to make you sad, check out the Wikipedia page on the Stanley Cup finals to see which team has the worst winning percentage of those who have been to the finals 20 times or more. Yes, it's the Bruins with a .300 record: Stanley Cup Finals - Wikipedia.

The Leafs may not have won one since 1967, but at least their Cup-winning record is .619.

Reactions: Gordoff

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Its bad enough we cant beat the panthers but to have that goal count was the series back breaker. Refs are terrible. Incompetent. Did they know the rule?
Honestly I wasn't expecting the Bruins to beat the Panthers, it would be an upset in my eyes if they did. The refs handing it to them on a silver platter though is disgusting. Bennett scoring the tying goal when he had no business even being on the ice tonight is bull.

I don't even think I'll bother watching the next game. It's got the same appeal as WWE to me at this point. We all know what's going to happen..

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What compounds the non-call is how the Panthers were actually on a powerplay at the time because OEL skated into Lindholm's path and did a f***ing swan dive. They successfully killed 1:58 of it before Bennett had to crosscheck Coyle to tap it in. You can only hold off a team 7-on-5 for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad