GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I prefer keeping it up to show what a bunch of f***ing losers their fanbase is, lol.
The problem is (and it really seems like it's still the case from my days as a mod here), people are much more likely to get lit up by mods for reacting. If you have the will power to let the batshit crazy stay up for others to get a good strong whiff of it, that's great. A lot of people do not have the ability to resist replying, and it almost always gets them in trouble.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
my dude - take a step back and calm yourself. no idea what your beef is but the poster asked a question "am i crazy" and i answered it directly.

we are fans of the same team.. there's no need to call people dumb and be combative!

Once again you fail to read. I'm not calling you dumb. I am calling your whining dumb.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
The problem is (and it really seems like it's still the case from my days as a mod here), people are much more likely to get lit up by mods for reacting. If you have the will power to let the batshit crazy stay up for other to get a good strong whiff of it, that's great. A lot of people do not have the ability to resist replying, and it almost always gets them in trouble.
exactly like refereeing in the nhl, ironically

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The problem is (and it really seems like it's still the case from my days as a mod here), people are much more likely to get lit up by mods for reacting. If you have the will power to let the batshit crazy stay up for other to get a good strong whiff of it, that's great. A lot of people do not have the ability to resist replying, and it almost always gets them in trouble.

It's all just bait.

Mock it (as long as it's not personal mods won't care) and move on.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Good for you but I care.
I'm not gonna tell adults how to feel. But I do think there's some value in not sweating small shit. And life often hands us vastly worse than message board posts.

Moreover, I've been watching this team around 50 years. One Cup since color TV. This run and season are very un-Rangers-like. I am loving it and also enjoying the anguish it brings to haters.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Considering how sensitive the subject is if it weren’t concussion related you’d think Lavy would very clearly state that. Leaving it open ended seems like they just don’t want to answer questions right now because it’s a distraction

But very much feels like this is concussion related

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm not gonna tell adults how to feel. But I do think there's some value in not sweating small shit. And life often hands us vastly worse than message board posts.

Moreover, I've been watching this team around 50 years. One Cup since color TV. This run and season are very un-Rangers-like. I am loving it and also enjoying the anguish it brings to haters.
I suppose more pro NYR patriotism

Attachments

• IMG_0560.gif
    IMG_0560.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 0

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
The Chytil situation is exactly what I was worried about for the person. We got a game out of him, he didn't seem to get rattled much if at all, and he's STILL experiencing issues. It's surprising if it's surprising to management and the staff.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You would think that, but not all mods will agree from call to call. The best policy is to stay out of there. It's a lot of rival fans lamenting their existence in text form anyway.
This. This. This once more.

If anyone goes to the main boards, be prepared to be on a short, almost non-existent leash.

My recommendation is to stay away. All the cool kids are on this board anyway.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
This. This. This once more.

If anyone goes to the main boards, be prepared to be on a short, almost non-existent leash.

My recommendation is to stay away. All the cool kids are on this board anyway.
Main Boards is a misnomer; it is a team board itself. Weird culture there. Not friendly to NYR at a minimum.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Considering how sensitive the subject is if it weren’t concussion related you’d think Lavy would very clearly state that. Leaving it open ended seems like they just don’t want to answer questions right now because it’s a distraction

But very much feels like this is concussion related
Agreed with your post 100%, however, Laviolette oranyone else NEVER said it was a concussion ;)

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
If we were by some unbelievable shift in Newtonian physics going to lose a game...

This is the one to lose.

Closing it out at home and staying a little more playoff sharp for rd 3 would not be the worst thing in the world

Reactions: Kords

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Dislike.

Edit;But im far from a coach and they have been good with these decisions so I’ll begrudgingly accept.
Meh. Maybe Johnny B can provide some spark to Goodrow and my-jersey-man Vesey (literal jersey not NJ). The latter has been an offensive black hole and a borderline defensive liability (see: failed clears) all series. Hope he does something to redeem himself tonite.

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad