GDT: ECSF GAME 4 6:41 PM - Florida Panthers @ Boston Bruins (Florida leads series 2-1) - TBS, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'll admit I was one of his biggest critics and called him a bust. I'll eat my words and I'm glad he's found his game though, I thought for sure the Rangers were going to give up on him and trade him for a while. I bet they're glad they didn't now
They would have asked for a lot in a trade. Probably would have ended up keeping and giving up on him if he hadn't gotten it together.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No one will come back to eat their crow.
If Marchand wouldn't have been late with his hit, Bennett wouldn't have had time to gets his hands up that high, let alone stick a fist into his face. Benny went undetected, but Marchand came in hot (and late) trying to light Benny up and ran right into it. Hockey happens.
Time move on and enjoy the hockey remaining to be played. This is a hell of a series between two very good teams.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
i love the hatred of this series, but the league absolutely set the table for someone potentially doing something really stupid that has significant consequences by ignoring the bennett play.

i'm all for finding any way to gain an advantage. its the playoffs, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin and if they don't call it, it ain't a penalty. i'd take marchand or bennett on my team any day. i don't think bennett had any thought the result would be what it was...i don't think he had any thought at all there. however...it was a dirtbag rabbit punch he executed perfectly as far as obscuring it from the refs eyes within them making contact. like, you simply are lying to yourself if you can't look at that and admit that was absolutely intentional. it's a grimy play that likely almost always catches a guy in the visor or in the muff and the consequences don't go beyond pissing him off. this one caught the bruins captain on the button. sorry, but that's gotta mean games. the league completely fk'd this up, and it puts everyone on both teams in a lot more dangerous situation. basically sitting on a powder keg and decided to light up a cigar. them letting that go is insane...and it means that this will be played out at a temperature of cremate...with a significant chance someones wires completely cross and they do something really stupid.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
If Marchand wouldn't have been late with his hit, Bennett wouldn't have had time to gets his hands up that high, let alone stick a fist into his face. Benny went undetected, but Marchand came in hot (and late) trying to light Benny up and ran right into it. Hockey happens.
Time move on and enjoy the hockey remaining to be played. This is a hell of a series between two very good teams.
Holy crap that’s some next level fandom

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
😁 it is funny that the loudest most obnoxious person at the bar is almost always a Patriots/Bruins fan. "Im already drunk, you're rooting for Bahstin, right?" Then gets into debate/argument with Giants fan about the Tyree "helmet catch" from long ago. Lmaolol.

Let me add, loud and obnoxious doesn't necessarily mean I don't like him. He's pretty funny. Lmaolol
what is there even to debate about with the helmet catch lol it’s ranking in greatest super bowl plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad