GDT: ECSF GAME 4 6:41 PM - Florida Panthers @ Boston Bruins (Florida leads series 2-1) - TBS, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Oh I'm sure there's that and plenty of other excuses, but it just is what it is. Bennett can handle himself just fine as can a few others, just a question of if they're willing. This Boston roster isn't exactly murderers row.
I think its a question of desire on the part of the Bruins personally. If they are willing to potentially throw another game to put themselves on the brink, its over.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Only question is if Bennett will be willing. He could stand up and settle it early, if not, whatever injuries and nonsense will be on him.
Trent Frederic talking tough

Let’s see if he backs it up.
Frederic ain’t early 2010s Lucic guys. Broons want to try and mix it up, Panthers can play that game. And if Bennett’s hand wasn’t injured from a Montour shot (which is why he missed time), he’d dispatch ole Freddy.

Excuses, noooooo his potentially broken hand is a reason.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Oh I'll sure there's that and plenty of other excuses, but it just is what it is. Bennett can handle himself just fine as can a few others, just a question of if they're willing.
They’re focused on winning four games and moving on towards the next round.
Beating anyone’s ass is far from priority. If the gloves drop during play, they drop,
You need to get over this “willing” false bravado BS.

I get that a player standing up for themse seems strange to you.
We’ve been watching it for 82 games, not strange at all.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They’re focused on winning four games and moving on towards the next round.
Beating anyone’s ass is far from priority. If the gloves drop during play, they drop,
You need to get over this “willing” false bravado BS.

We’ve been watching it for 82 games, not strange at all.
Frederic ain’t early 2010s Lucic guys. Broons want to try and mix it up, Panthers can play that game. And if Bennett’s hand wasn’t injured from a Montour shot (which is why he missed time), he’d dispatch ole Freddy.

Excuses, noooooo his potentially broken hand is a reason.
Don't be scared one's going to take a serious beating. If Bennett's good to play and willing he can handle it.

If you're worried about injuries it's the safer route than running and turning everyone else into a target.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Why do you think that is? They just focused on revenge, or the Panthers are that good defensively? Look at Kucherov’s numbers. Barkov and Forsling were all over them.

Not pointing you out specifically, but I keep hearing things like this and people haven’t thought to look at their opposition.
That's pretty much my point. The Panthers are awesome. The Bruins got outplayed past 2 games by a wagon of a team. Boston needs to focus on doing what it takes to be more competitive than worrying about other things. FLA has gotten in the heads of the Bruins. Can't let that happen because it's tough enough as is to beat such a talented team.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
That's pretty much my point. The Panthers are awesome. The Bruins got outplayed past 2 games by a wagon of a team. Boston needs to focus on doing what it takes to be more competitive than worrying about other things. FLA has gotten in the heads of the Bruins. Can't let that happen because it's tough enough as is to beat such a talented team.

It reminds me a bit of the Habs vs Ottawa in 2013 with the Gryba hit on Eller and all the other drama that went on. The Habs totally lost their heads, Michel Therrien was blathering on about "respect", etc.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
This quote tells me all I need to know about this series, it is over

Bruins playing for moral victories at this point.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Classic Bruins. That's what they do when they feel they can't win on the scoresheet.

It's not always a terrible idea. But this time it is. They already tried dropping the gloves in Game 2, and it was more deflating than anything. I think the best response would be to score the first goal tonight and move on from there.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's not always a terrible idea. But this time it is. They already tried dropping the gloves in Game 2, and it was more deflating than anything. I think the best response would be to score the first goal tonight and move on from there.
Score first? Gonna have to be in the second period, as they will be lucky to get 2 shots in the first

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah, Marchand never does anything wrong.

image000000.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad