Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I realize KPD is not popular here and I'm not a fan either, but the question is valid:

It was absolutely a dirty play, and the Bruins should have worked out it was during the intermission even if they didn't know it at the time. But....crickets. We can criticize the league all we want, and with good reason, but when the Bruins don't do anything to protect their own, it's a much more immediate problem.

In this case it was such a sudden play, and 99% of the time it is simple shoulder to shoulder. Marchand himself probably assumed the shoulder was the only injury and tried to play through. Then discovered concussion symptoms.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sadly I think we know the answer to that. Bennett also has that bad hand so he isn't going to drop them. It would be nice though if the Bruins injured one of the stars from another team once in awhile. It's also pretty telling to me that Pastrnak BY FAR gets hit harder and more often than any other superstar. It's been open season on him all year, especially now. You have teams like the Rangers and Colorado building up multiple layers of toughness on their teams to step up when needed. If Panarin or MacKinnon got cheaped like Marchand, or fought like Pasta the game before would Tkachuk or Bennett gone unchallenged?
all that beef I was talking about with Colorado and nobody made Benn answer for that hit on Toews in game 2. Pathetic.

Reactions: BMC

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I remember the Blues series in 2019 like it was yesterday. Seems like they were pounding us. Every chance they got. Their lower tier players were quick with the dirty hits to the point of being suspended and always seemed to injure our players. Look how that ended up for them. Toughness still plays a very large part in this league, especially in the playoffs.
This is true, but the league decides who is allowed to play like that.

The 2019 Blues also received 50% (literally — I did the numbers that year) less penalties after the halfway point in the series against the Bruins AND the Sharks after their goon coach complained about the officiating in both series.

Despite being one of the dirtiest teams I’ve ever watched (injured multiple Sharks and Bruins), they were actually the least penalized Cup winner (excluding I think the short season Blackhawks) since Iike the 70s or for as far back as nhl.com has the stats.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Plus they raised their intensity after Lauko drove to the net and got jobbed into a penalty. Oh look, you can actually skate and go to the net. Just do it man!
He can't do it if he is not in the lineup

Reactions: BTO

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I realize KPD is not popular here and I'm not a fan either, but the question is valid:

It was absolutely a dirty play, and the Bruins should have worked out it was during the intermission even if they didn't know it at the time. But....crickets. We can criticize the league all we want, and with good reason, but when the Bruins don't do anything to protect their own, it's a much more immediate problem.

Because this team is soft and Don Sweeney doesn’t know how to build a team that is fit for the playoffs.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
The way Brad went down and the way he looked on the ice ,he looked out of it and groggy to me
Agree look at the tape. He is legless getting on bench. First the spotters are at fault for missing that. Second the crack video team is at fault for not reviewing and getting it to coaching staff so that they could address with team in between periods. Playoff hockey is and always will be a test of who can cross the line and get away with it. That will never change. Time to move on. That hit is not why they lost.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I have not watched any of the Vancouver series but the officiating seems to be worst in that series. Refs letting go the blatant penalties and calling the tap on the gloves.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Agree look at the tape. He is legless getting on bench. First the spotters are at fault for missing that. Second the crack video team is at fault for not reviewing and getting it to coaching staff so that they could address with team in between periods. Playoff hockey is and always will be a test of who can cross the line and get away with it. That will never change. Time to move on. That hit is not why they lost.

When you watch the video he was legless from the shot to the head it wasn’t the body hit that put him down.I can’t get how Bennet is getting off for this ,yes I can see there not being a penalty it was difficult to see in real time.But did the NHL not review it ,are they saying it didn’t happen or was an accident? What did they actually say and especially when Bennet has a past history of doing the same thing.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
In 2011 we took out like 3 of Vancouver's defensemen and one of their forwards (though TBF only the Boychuk/Raymond hit was even borderline questionable, the others were clean).

At some point you just have to target their best players
I wonder if Sweeney saw that?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
This will move the toughness meter
Sure Charlie lol

Maybe we can give him a half A and give the other flower Carlo a half A since the Captain is out.

This kid loves the microphone and camera

Back up your mouth on the ice

Reactions: GoBs

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
In this case it was such a sudden play, and 99% of the time it is simple shoulder to shoulder. Marchand himself probably assumed the shoulder was the only injury and tried to play through. Then discovered concussion symptoms.
Funny coming from this peace loving hack to be preaching violence

KPD go write a Red Sox fluff piece you lost your fast ball when it comes to hockey

Reactions: Bradely

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Did anyone see Pasta's hand get slashed It was in the third. He had a big bag of ice on his hand.
No, I did not, but I did see him the other night asking Monty if it is alright if he fights Thachuk, really why do I get that impression that players must ask permission from the coach if it is alright to engage in fisticuffs. Is that Monty, micro coaching.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I cannot believe there’s still debate on whether or not Bennet punched him and was intentional about it lol like I can accept the argument of “it’s Marchand and he’s done a lot of shit before so I don’t care” but to outright try and say it was a clean hit that didn’t deserve a penalty/a look at from the league is crazy.

We don’t need a different angle lol some people just need a different brain or set of eyes.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No, I did not, but I did see him the other night asking Monty if it is alright if he fights Thachuk, really why do I get that impression that players must ask permission from the coach if it is alright to engage in fisticuffs. Is that Monty, micro coaching.
Not sure any of this is true but whatever

Reactions: HumBucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad