Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
No but I am tired of watching them get bounced by big physical teams that play like a-holes the last 7 years. It took one series getting bullied by Tampa for Florida to realize that they need to revamp their identity, it took the Rangers one incident with their star player to do the same. The Bruins? They just keep running it back with the same game plan and same roster makeup year after year and the result never changes. The definition of insanity....
They try to get one or two guys like Hathaway or Maroon to take care it all if we’re lucky. And even then it’s pointless if the rest of the team doesn’t buy into to a pack mentality.

Tkachuk dissing Nosek’s wife on a hot mic last year without a single teammate having his back was very telling. One of the more humiliating things I’ve seen as a Bruins fan. Like three Panthers all over the guy between the benches and the rest of the Bruins just acted like nothing was going on.

I get that the refs tend to get in the way at times the odd time they react but I’m so tired of this tail between the legs shit from these guys when they get pushed around. It’s like they’re okay with being punked by the other team.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The more I see the Bennett sucker punch, the worse and worse it looks. What a dirty play but everyone is dismissing or applauding it because of their preconceived biases toward Marchand.

I mean fans of other teams have watched Marchand pull dirtbag stuff against their players over the years.

I don’t expect them to shed any tears.

If Torres or Cook took a high elbow I can’t say I’d be coming to their defense.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Biz is just burying them on TNT right now for their lack of response last night, hope someone clips it. I know he can be over the top and isn't everybody's cup of tea but hes right about this one.
Good.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Hopefully they are seeing this, the Leafs were crucified by the media and their fan base after their game 4 performance against the Bruins, they responded with 2 well earned wins and a tough OT loss in game 7.

Reactions: Grimey

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Biz is just burying them on TNT right now for their lack of response last night, hope someone clips it. I know he can be over the top and isn't everybody's cup of tea but hes right about this one.
Biz is a loser but he's spot on. Glad he's calling them out

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I want somebody to challenge Bennett to a fight ,end of story .He needs to answer for that dirty punch.If not fight then do something dirty to him .You cannot let him get away with that .That Penguins team was not losing to Bruins regardless by the wa
I'd like Bennett to pay and fighting has its place for it, but I'd appreciate:
* a good solid crosscheck to the back of the neck
* lumberjack chop right across the wrist.
* high elbow to jaw.
*lifting his stick but catching him in the nuts
or
*going in to check but actually punching him in the face.

Stuff like dat!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I mean fans of other teams have watched Marchand pull dirtbag stuff against their players over the years.

I don’t expect them to shed any tears.

If Torres or Cook took a high elbow I can’t say I’d be coming to their defense.
...and Marchy gets punished more than others who do the same. I don't give a f**k what other fan bases think, we mostly hate each other. Player safety on the other hand should be unbiased and punish the act, no matter who does it to who.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Hopefully they are seeing this, the Leafs were crucified by the media and their fan base after their game 4 performance against the Bruins, they responded with 2 well earned wins and a tough OT loss in game 7.
I’d love to be pleasantly surprised by this team. I already am in a way because they’ve made it further than I thought but I’d like to see them be the hammer.

Reactions: BB79

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think, hope, have to believe that they will answer the bell tomorrow and step up.

What makes you think that? They didn't bother answering the bell in Game 3. :rant:

This team doesn't respect itself. Other teams shit all over them with impunity knowing they will not be held accountable.

What the hell is wrong with them that they will not stand up for themselves & each other??? :dunno:

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Is this guy still in town? This Bruins team needs an injection of Ference energy and grit. Wish he could lace ‘em up:popcorn:
IMG_4831.jpeg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think Florida also let up some up 4-0 ,they definitely stopped for checking as hard.
Yeah, they either tried to play preventative defence or the B's finally woke up.....or both

When the Bruins go balls to the wall and forecheck like they did in the third period they can beat any team if they pot some goals

Why did they wait so long to wake up?? They didn't come into the game with a good gameplan...and that's to do with coaching IMO

Monty was out-coached last night

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Is this guy still in town? This Bruins team needs an injection of Ference energy and grit. Wish he could lace ‘em up:popcorn:
View attachment 869101

At this point I'd take Greg Campbell. He couldn't fight worth a shit but he'd stand up for his teammates every time and that is a damn sight more than can be said for the present edition of the Boston Bruins. :madfire:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
the era of "enforcers" passed once Shawn Thornton went away..... the league changed to what you're seeing out west.... you need a player or multiple players that have skillsets.... the specialized era is over.... hence why the League ended "Staged fights" LIKE 3 FIGHTS IN 4 sec...

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What makes you think that? They didn't bother answering the bell in Game 3. :rant:

This team doesn't respect itself. Other teams shit all over them with impunity knowing they will not be held accountable.

What the hell is wrong with them that they will not stand up for themselves & each other??? :dunno:
What makes me think this way?

I honestly don't know. I'm choosing to remain hopeful I guess.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I realize KPD is not popular here and I'm not a fan either, but the question is valid:

It was absolutely a dirty play, and the Bruins should have worked out it was during the intermission even if they didn't know it at the time. But....crickets. We can criticize the league all we want, and with good reason, but when the Bruins don't do anything to protect their own, it's a much more immediate problem.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
At this point I'd take Greg Campbell. He couldn't fight worth a shit but he'd stand up for his teammates every time and that is a damn sight more than can be said for the present edition of the Boston Bruins. :madfire:
I remember Sean Avery caught on a hot mic yelling “I’m gonna f***ing kill Giroux next shift” to the Flyers bench when Rinaldo was being a puke. Wish our whole team had that mentality when plugs like Bennett go after their captain. Sucker the captain? Cool. Say goodbye to Barkov’s knees.

• Love
Reactions: KWbruin and BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I realize KPD is not popular here and I'm not a fan either, but the question is valid:

It was absolutely a dirty play, and the Bruins should have worked out it was during the intermission even if they didn't know it at the time. But....crickets. We can criticize the league all we want, and with good reason, but when the Bruins don't do anything to protect their own, it's a much more immediate problem.

Not the first time Marchand has taken a questionable hit and it was crickets from his teammates…

The other side of that is they had the best view, it’s possible Bennetts hand didn’t make any significant contact with Marchands head.

There’s angles where it’s understandable to assume it did but I haven’t seen a concrete one yet

...and Marchy gets punished more than others who do the same. I don't give a f**k what other fan bases think, we mostly hate each other. Player safety on the other hand should be unbiased and punish the act, no matter who does it to who.

Cool but none of this had anything to do with my post. I didn’t talk about Marchands punishment compared to other players, I didn’t ask you if you cared what other fan bases think, and I didn’t bring up anything about dept of player safety.

Thanks for sharing your opinion on unrelated topics though.

• Haha
Reactions: caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad