Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A team with Jvr maroon shatty worhspoon zacha and coyle as first two centres made it to round 2 and people want Monty fired? It reeks of entitlement. Next season they retool and then we can judge monty. This year has been better than most expected.
Last years choke meant nothing to you? Sure, Monty's the next coming of Scotty Bowman, he just needs 5 more years to prove it. He's way out of his element. If they at least looked as though they have a plan or some pride and lost not looking so pathetically bad it's one thing but they're dazed, confused, and lost.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
They went up 4 to 0 as a result of the Lauko debacle.

That was the turning point for the Bruins as JVR went out with a monster follow up shift with at least three heavy, heavy hits. That is how the Bruins CAN play, and should play, but again the Bs need the lead or a tie game for it to happen.
I was surprised at how hard JVR was hitting. We definitely need more of that from the entire team.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Not a Bruins or Marchand fan but that punch to the head by Bennett was 100% intentional. If it's true that Marchand is out with a concussion, it's the exact same play that concussed Knies last playoffs.

He loves to punch players in the head with the single hand holding the stick so he has his excuse for why it was in a fist. Both plays he immediately one hands the stick and punches the player with the hand holding the stick in a fist. Really hard to argue it's accidental when it keeps happening.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins played like crap with Marchy. Now I want violent revenge, just do it Bruins. Run free and wild, slash, board, do it all. Bennett's hand should have a huge target on it and how about a hockey stick across Puke's face? That is what we have had to deal with with no justice. Open season, take the misconducts and fines.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
N

There’s a dude on X that tweets this:

So Forbort coming out of the lineup basically can’t be done huh?

The guy has been on the ice for 15 goals against in 10 playoff games as the team is 4-6 in those games. They have a winning record without him.

There’s just 0 accountability for this player.

But it doesn’t sound correct to me, so here is what Stat Trick shows for all players at All Strengths (everything) and Even Strenghts. It sort of shows the entire team's problems with Florida. In reality Forbort is no worse than several.

ALL STRENGTHS

Player GP GA

Brandon Carlo 10 16

Charlie McAvoy 10 14

Charlie Coyle 10 13

Brad Marchand 10 13

Derek Forbort 10 13

Jake DeBrusk 10 11

Dmitry Orlov 7 11

Hampus Lindholm 10 10

Pavel Zacha 10 9

Tyler Bertuzzi 7 8

Patrice Bergeron 3 7

David Pastrnak 10 7

John Beecher 3 6

Tomas Nosek 7 6

Trent Frederic 8 6

Connor Clifton 3 5

David Krejci 4 4

Nick Foligno 6 4

James van Riemsd 3 4

Matt Grzelcyk 4 4

Taylor Hall 7 3

Garnet Hathaway 7 3

Justin Brazeau 3 2

Pat Maroon 3 2

Parker Wothersp 2 1

Morgan Geekie 3 1

Mason Lohrei 3 1

Jakub Lauko 4 1

Jesper Boqvist 1 1

Andrew Peeke 1 0

Patrick Brown 1 0

EVEN STRENGTH

Player GP GA

Brad Marchand 10 11

Charlie McAvoy 10 11

Jake DeBrusk 10 9

Tyler Bertuzzi 7 8

Dmitry Orlov 7 8

Charlie Coyle 10 8

Brandon Carlo 10 8

Derek Forbort 10 8

Pavel Zacha 10 7

Hampus Lindholm 10 7

Patrice Bergeron 3 6

David Pastrnak 10 6

Connor Clifton 3 5

Trent Frederic 8 5

David Krejci 4 4

Nick Foligno 6 3

James van Riems 3 3

Matt Grzelcyk 4 3

Garnet Hathaway 7 3

John Beecher 3 3

Tomas Nosek 7 2

Taylor Hall 7 2

Justin Brazeau 3 2

Pat Maroon 3 2

Parker Wothers 2 1

Mason Lohrei 3 1

Jesper Boqvist 1 1

Andrew Peeke 1 0

Patrick Brown 1 0

Morgan Geekie 3 0

Jakub Lauko 4 0

• Wow
Reactions: KWbruin

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
As of today my feeling is Monty gone
I don't always agree with your analysis, but so far this spring I have 99% of it. Please elaborate, why.

Peeke couldn’t clear the zone to save his life last night. Every time he touched the puck it felt like a Florida player was the next person to have the puck.
3 weeks off will do that to a player.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’m moving Bennett from actually tough to fake tough spot picker and I do not want to win the series, I want to hurt as many panthers as possible. If that’s how they want to play make it impossible for them to win going forward
Not tough. He picked Lindholm during the season to fight. Hard hitter at least and not cowardly unlike Tkachuk.

Bruins need to be fully in message sending mode now.

Maroon/Frederic afraid of the instigator BS final shift was disappointing last game to begin with.

Frederic actually playing well, Maroon is essentially here to earn a suspension.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If the league aren't going to do anything about a blatant sucker punch to one of their stars then i want Bennett's head on a stick, no being nice and offering him a fight, i want him looking over his shoulder every time he's out there on the ice. Don't care how long the suspension is, make it worth the time and money lost when someone cheap shots your captain like that.
So do we all. Alas, this isn’t 2011. Sigh.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We're barely competitive with Marchand, without him, it's over. So I'd go full 1991 Milbury and call up all the goons in the organization just to hurt these motherf***ers. Bring in Kyle McLaren to teach the defensemen how to take care of Barkov.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Not a Bruins or Marchand fan but that punch to the head by Bennett was 100% intentional. If it's true that Marchand is out with a concussion, it's the exact same play that concussed Knies last playoffs.

He loves to punch players in the head with the single hand holding the stick so he has his excuse for why it was in a fist. Both plays he immediately one hands the stick and punches the player with the hand holding the stick in a fist. Really hard to argue it's accidental when it keeps happening.

I truly believe that players like Bennett work on making there dirty actions look clean by trying doing stuff like that, so they can get away with it.
The league allowing players him to get away with it, is a really disgusting because good players get injured for really no reason, but for someone's amusement.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Leagues warns the teams before the game. Bennett gives a cheapshot, that admittedly you couldnt see at the time, so I am fine with no penalty. League washes their hands of said play and no suspension or anything. Criminal.

Not that the Bruins were going to win the series, but now they would seem to be toast without Marchand. Add this to the brutal call on Lauko which took away any realistic chance of a comeback in the third.

Some years you just get zero breaks. I still think they can come back but is that wishful thinking? I dunno.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

This needs to be the motto.
That's simply it.

I get the sentiment, but the Bruins don't do that. They will be going into game four knowing that Tkachuk fought their best player and their captain go knocked out with a cheap shot. The goal is to win the game, I get it, but their needs to be some restitution of violence here by the Bruins players.

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
IMO Bennett knows what he did, he is like a dear after the punch looking if he had been caught. Dirty as hell!!

IMO concussion
This. sick of the NHL and the stripes letting Florida get away with this cheap shit.

I hope the Rangers bury them in four

It's okay Bruins, let the league handle it because they said so.

I am so pissed off.

Rest up Brad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad