Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
It’s such a slick right hand. I commend the effort. Wish Boston had a skater or two willing to pull the same shit. They’re all gentle giants
I was thinking, the same thing. Playoffs are a different game where a team needs to impose their will on the opposition while being skilled enough to score some goals. This team does have some size, it doesn't have the necessary meanness. Florida and Toronto have not had much trouble taking the top two lines out of the game. Marchand is a tough pest who doesn't back down even if he is too small to do it all himself. It is not surprising that Freddy often looks like the best Bruins forward this playoffs. In 2011 the entire roster was gritty with players like Horton, Campbell, Marchand, Ference throughout the lineup, not just on the fourth line. And when that was not enough, the team had four of the toughest best fighters in the league, Thornton, Lucic, McQuaid and Chara to keep the other team from running around. Peeke fits the bill and hopefully Beecher and Barzeau add a bit of sandpaper to their games when resetting the roster next year.

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The Forbort Peeke experiment produced nothing last night. They both looked equally bad to me. The idea that Wotherspoon would play better with Peeke or Shattenkirk to me is an illusion. I also don’t like playing Wotherspoon on his wrong side and I would not play Shattenkirk on his wrong side. I do think it’s time to look at Gryz or Shattenkirk again, but how would you make the entire lineup is questionable. Also, I don’t think you can put both in unless you remove Lohrei and that’s probably not happening. So one goes in. Peeke will provide no offense. The hope for more offense relates to Gryz.

Options, if Gryz back in then Peeke has to play

Lohrei/Gryz McAcvoy

Lindholm Carlo

Lohrei/Gryz Peeke

Options, if Shattenkirk back in then have to choose between Forbort and Wotherspoon. Both have reasons why they should play. But don’t tell me we’ll get more offense from Wotherspoon than Forbort. Both these D provide no offense. The hope for more offense relates to Shattenkirk.

Lohrei McAvoy

Lindholm Carlo

Forbort/Wotherspoon Shattenkirk

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We've got nothing to lose now.

Run their players. I want fists. I want elbows. I want elbows. I want you in their faces. The NHL isn't calling anything for us anyways so take the penalty or punishment. Dish it out.

Our captain was injured by a dirty play that they've BEEN doing. So do the same. I'm over this passive bullshit. Our 4th line needs to take one for the team here.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Some of you are my age or older, so maybe you can correct me if my memory is wrong. But in 1991, Neely took a cheap shot from Ulf that we all know about and Milbury lost his mind, and despite us being up 2-0 in the series, he wanted revenge more and set his sights on that, and we lost 4 straight. Now, that was a damn good Pens team, so maybe they beat us anyway but the lesson I’ve remembered is play hockey not revenge.
How’d that work-out for them last night?

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
We've got nothing to lose now.

Run their players. I want fists. I want elbows. I want elbows. I want you in their faces. The NHL isn't calling anything for us anyways so take the penalty or punishment. Dish it out.

Our captain was injured by a dirty play that they've BEEN doing. So do the same. I'm over this passive bullshit. Our 4th line needs to take one for the team here.
If that’s the route the Bruins want to go they have to target Barkov and only Barkov, if he’s out their cup hopes are done as well.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Some of you are my age or older, so maybe you can correct me if my memory is wrong. But in 1991, Neely took a cheap shot from Ulf that we all know about and Milbury lost his mind, and despite us being up 2-0 in the series, he wanted revenge more and set his sights on that, and we lost 4 straight. Now, that was a damn good Pens team, so maybe they beat us anyway but the lesson I’ve remembered is play hockey not revenge.
They failed at both in game 3

Reactions: SPV

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
League is full of shit when they say they are concerned about player safety when a deliberate sucker punch goes un called and worse not diciplined. So now its ok to sucker punch players. Brutal
Bruins General Manager needs to get in front of a camera and say something about it instead of hiding upstairs .Defend your ####### players especially Marchand your captain.I can remember Sinden saying something for crying out loud lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad