Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Where is the main board thread dedicated to Bennett's sucker punch on Marchand?

View attachment 868923

Oh yeah, it's Marchand on the receiving end. Never mind.

I hope he is not concussed but would not be surprised if he is.

Regardless, paging Maroon at :0001 into the next game.
When he got up after the hit, he seemed out of it - I was surprised he kept playing the rest of the period. I am convinced it is a concussion, he was woozy from what I saw.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
But which is it? The GM and staff is great for putting together a great regular season team, or well, they weren't really that good and it's showing now. There is losing and then there is the past two games. This isn't 83 Isles vs 83 North Stars. There are long stretches of zero effort and the better guys bolloxing easy plays. I think the team can not be that good and some of the better players letting the pressure of the playoffs expose some warts.

I just don't like the GM and players are great all year for doing this and then the well they aren't that great shoulder shrug in the play-offs. They will add some talent, but the main guys are still going to be the main guys and are they money play-off players? I believe it's fair to say the jury is still out.

All this being said, the series is 2-1. How on earth do people think this is over? That's nuts. You never worry until the other team is one win to clinch.
THIS ...well said! Before throwing the towel at least wait after next game!!!!

In my opinion that was more a case of Florida taking their foot off the gas pedal with a 4 goal lead.
maybe a combination of both

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
IMO, this is the angle (2nd video) that best shows what Bennett does with his right arm:

I am betting it’s a broken rib. He may be able to gut out a period but that type of pain is awful and I am sure it was decided to call it a day after 3-0 than making it worse by numbing it. That’s my guess with the way he was leaning to one side while on the bench

Reactions: Gordoff

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
IMO, this is the angle (2nd video) that best shows what Bennett does with his right arm:

IMO Bennett knows what he did, he is like a dear after the punch looking if he had been caught. Dirty as hell!!

I am betting it’s a broken rib. He may be able to gut out a period but that type of pain is awful and I am sure it was decided to call it a day after 3-0 than making it worse by numbing it. That’s my guess with the way he was leaning to one side while on the bench
IMO concussion

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Enigneering Asst.(electromechanical) at a defense contractor, 2 man crew, no management. 5AM-5PM work 36/paid for 40, +10%.
Been on this shift 10 years, 4 days off a week. 60-70hr of personal holidays due to missing the weekday holidays
nice - love those 2+ days a week off & no management!!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Explain the outplayed part to me please, I'm still trying to figure this out? because he tripped Brad to score a shorty? or was it his slap shot goal?

Again put my boy on Florida ,he would look like Bobby Orr again this Bruins forecheck

The fact Im defending McAvoy vs Montour is an all-time greatest hits on HF Boards.

Christ, Carlo would look like a NHL defenseman playing against this Bruin line up

you are usually wrong but this time a hope you are correct :)
I just checked with 20 of my friends who read here to ask if I’m usually wrong here and it’s 16-3 my favor with one undecided wants more time

So even if he votes against me I’m at 80 %

You cant hurt me (well maybe a little ;)

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
When the NHL announces before the game that there’s going to be a crackdown on things and then the most penalized team in the league gets just two calls. Pretty bad look.

With that said, we didn’t play well at all, and our penalties were penalties. It’s just such a momentum killer to play short handed that much, and our PK laid a massive egg too.

Not sure we can bounce back from this one. But, if we can somehow steal one tomorrow, the series is still 2-2.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
That was a dirty hit. Not much of a response when your captain gets nailed like this. Bruins have to start drafting skilled sandpaper players going forward.
That's the ticket. Plus trade for these fellas that can fight. If Sweeney is still GM, will he do it? Or stick with the run and gun?

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
He looked rusty tough to try to get your game play back in a playoff game and especially against a relentles

Theres a history so it ok .
Monty likes to skirt around the issue, instead of going at it head on, especially with the media.
He needs to call it what it is, and raise hell over it, that has worked for other coaches, when it's about backing your players up!. Come on Matty! Do what is right by your guys! Yell it at the roof tops!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Monty likes to skirt around the issue, instead of going at it head on, especially with the media.
He needs to call it what it is, and raise hell over it, that has worked for other coaches, when it's about backing your players up!. Come on Matty! Do what is right by your guys! Yell it at the roof tops!
He is a Lady Byng coach and that is not type hockey Bruins fans want or like.Both his best players have now been targets and nothing.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
They're not even dirty, just a bunch of brats- which is surprising considering their captain.

Barkov is just a passenger. MT is a leader.

Bruins' Maroon: Tkachuk fought dirty vs. Pastrnak

Maroon felt that Tkachuk broke a fighting code by delivering a few punches to Pastrnak after the Bruins winger had fallen to the ice.

"Obviously I don't like how he hit him on the ground twice. I think that's dirty," the veteran winger said. "It's the game within the game, but I don't like the aftermath of it."

Maroon said that he'd be careful about exacting retribution against Tkachuk and that it likely would not be through another fight.

"I mean, Tkachuk's not going to fight me. If I go out there and take a dumb penalty and they got a power play, my job's not accomplished. So can't look at it like that. I just got to take numbers," he said. "I mean listen, let's be realistic: I'm probably never playing against Tkachuk anyway."

If you go down, have even balls to go down fighting. This is pathetic.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When the NHL announces before the game that there’s going to be a crackdown on things and then the most penalized team in the league gets just two calls. Pretty bad look.

With that said, we didn’t play well at all, and our penalties were penalties. It’s just such a momentum killer to play short handed that much, and our PK laid a massive egg too.

Not sure we can bounce back from this one. But, if we can somehow steal one tomorrow, the series is still 2-2.
Lauko play was baloney .He was held then directed into goalie.If anything that should be called vs them not him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad