Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Dude the lineup is riddled with holes. How much denial are you in? They’ve gone way past where they should have on paper.

There were still posters saying the Bruins were “the more talented team” against Toronto. Lol. What are you people smoking?

It’s not a built in excuse. It’s reality free to to observe by anyone.

I didn’t say it was a throwaway year “because they went for it last year”. They had no cap space to work with. It’s a far weaker lineup this season. Tell me where I’m wrong on that. I’ll wait.

Your mindset is entitled. You want them to win. You hate them for letting you down last season. How dare they? So who cares about the lineup this season? They’re assholes if they don’t win the cup. Just so much self-inflicted misery.
But which is it? The GM and staff is great for putting together a great regular season team, or well, they weren't really that good and it's showing now. There is losing and then there is the past two games. This isn't 83 Isles vs 83 North Stars. There are long stretches of zero effort and the better guys bolloxing easy plays. I think the team can not be that good and some of the better players letting the pressure of the playoffs expose some warts.

I just don't like the GM and players are great all year for doing this and then the well they aren't that great shoulder shrug in the play-offs. They will add some talent, but the main guys are still going to be the main guys and are they money play-off players? I believe it's fair to say the jury is still out.

All this being said, the series is 2-1. How on earth do people think this is over? That's nuts. You never worry until the other team is one win to clinch.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
When they went up 4-0 they let off the gas a bit, that's half the reason we were able to start getting chances.

They went up 4 to 0 as a result of the Lauko debacle.

That was the turning point for the Bruins as JVR went out with a monster follow up shift with at least three heavy, heavy hits. That is how the Bruins CAN play, and should play, but again the Bs need the lead or a tie game for it to happen.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Florida didn't look that good from being there in person. Big and we looked gassed. Can still win the series.

McAvoy and Lindholm handling the puck like its a grenade is a huge problem. Hard to believe Lindholm had his 2 moments of brilliance vs the Leafs watching him last night. Those 2 have been brutal and are killing us.

Reactions: Gordoff and Secord

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
Hopefully Bruins pushes it a bit further, dont think Florida are gonna like it if this goes on too long.

Reactions: Gordoff

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
You can't have less speed AND less physicality and expect to win. We also don't have nearly as many snipers as most of these playoff teams and much of the time our passing looks second rate.

We have excellent goaltending and a good, yet somewhat inconsistent, defense but the offense is NOT Stanley Cup contender quality.

The team "is what it is" at this point. I don't blame them as ALL teams show a lack of effort and intensity in certain games. That's human nature even among athletes. I don't think the Bruins will fail to win the cup with this team because they don't want it badly enough. They will fail to win the cup because they don't have enough TALENT. That's the bottom line and it's going to take a while to build to that point.

The supporters of 31 out of 32 teams going to be disappointed EVERY year - but we hope for a near miracle and still show up next year whether it happened or not. That's the DNA the Hockey Gods blessed (cursed?) us with. Keep believing!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Uncle R(can you throw a football over that mountain:D), lots of people of this forum and elsewhere did not pick the B's to be 109pt, team with this roster. I could give sh*t about betting odds, it's ultimately for losers or they wouldn't be in business.
The problem is they did overachieve, only to wait till the playoff to, uncharacteristically, based on the season, crap their pants.

We all love the B's and there is a lot of anger in the air. The fact that they are being manhandled and have no real push back is what is infuriating.
B's teams I've watch for most of my 58 years of fandom, didn't get steamrolled like these last 2 games without any sign of a spine.
People hoped for maybe 99 points. They had good health to their top players and goalies were great.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
We can talk about talent all we want, but that was an absolute piss poor effort by the Bruins in the playoffs. It wasn't the first or second time either. If you don't get pucks on net, you aren't going to win games.

Even with the poor play, the game was winnable when they were down 1-0. They just need to wake up and play.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Oh well when you have two top goalies you will naturally always overachieve in the playoffs and do worse in the postseason.

Vast majority of the league is throwing in some scrub backup for 25-30 games a year and bruins have two #1 goalies for a full 82.It probably gives the bruins 6-10 more regular season points a year with that(maybe even more).

Problem is come playoff time it’s a massive waste having $5million Ullmark glued to the bench.

That’s just the nature of how our lineup is constructed.

With that said I don’t think beating a hobbled Toronto team in round 1 is an overachievement
This right here plus goid health to top players this year.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
But which is it? The GM and staff is great for putting together a great regular season team, or well, they weren't really that good and it's showing now. There is losing and then there is the past two games. This isn't 83 Isles vs 83 North Stars. There are long stretches of zero effort and the better guys bolloxing easy plays. I think the team can not be that good and some of the better players letting the pressure of the playoffs expose some warts.

I just don't like the GM and players are great all year for doing this and then the well they aren't that great shoulder shrug in the play-offs. They will add some talent, but the main guys are still going to be the main guys and are they money play-off players? I believe it's fair to say the jury is still out.

All this being said, the series is 2-1. How on earth do people think this is over? That's nuts. You never worry until the other team is one win to clinch.
It’s 5 periods of
You can't have less speed AND less physicality and expect to win. We also don't have nearly as many snipers as most of these playoff teams and much of the time our passing looks second rate.

We have excellent goaltending and a good, yet somewhat inconsistent, defense but the offense is NOT Stanley Cup contender quality.

The team "is what it is" at this point. I don't blame them as ALL teams show a lack of effort and intensity in certain games. That's human nature even among athletes. I don't think the Bruins will fail to win the cup with this team because they don't want it badly enough. They will fail to win the cup because they don't have enough TALENT. That's the bottom line and it's going to take a while to build to that point.

The supporters of 31 out of 32 teams going to be disappointed EVERY year - but we hope for a near miracle and still show up next year whether it happened or not. That's the DNA the Hockey Gods blessed (cursed?) us with. Keep believing!
I don’t recall any Bruins team in the playoffs just being so bad getting the puck out of their own end and not generating shots on net ,1 or 2:shots a period,10 after 2 periods,and they also were like this against the Leafs who aren’t exactly known for their defensive prowess.

In my opinion that was more a case of Florida taking their foot off the gas pedal with a 4 goal lead.
They definitely let up with their aggressive forcheck that’s for sure.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
We are at a point where we have gone a bit too far in establishing that we won't be pushed around. Now we need to get back to the hockey we know we can play.

That means a lot more of what we did in the 3rd period. It means we show with our play that we aren't intimated, not with our fists.

If it comes to fisticuffs, we have shown that we are willing to drop the gloves. We need to get back to playing hockey with that established.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Thank you for your positive comment!

Unlike this here today.
View attachment 868884
I’m okay if they play with maximum effort and lose to a better team. That’s not what happened these past two games. Sense of urgency is lacking. Inexcusable to come out with no juice last night in front of the home crowd. Completely flat. 8 shots on goal halfway through the game. It was a pathetic effort. That’s the issue I have with these past 2 games.

Last edited:

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
As a Bruins and hockey fan

Bruins look cooked

If the Bruins win series after last 2 games I’ll be stunned

Florida v Rangers looks super interesting

Rangers fans will take over Florida arena - many already live there so they will get their tickets

Bruins had a good to very good year and foundation in place to get another 100-110 points

They need a few things but have money and guys like lohrei Poitras etc who will add to group
I know a lot of Ranger fans at work, who always liked Florida because they have houses down there. That is about to change next series lol.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
They went up 4 to 0 as a result of the Lauko debacle.

That was the turning point for the Bruins as JVR went out with a monster follow up shift with at least three heavy, heavy hits. That is how the Bruins CAN play, and should play, but again the Bs need the lead or a tie game for it to happen.
The turning point was the 4 min penalty

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marchand getting sucker punched in what was supposed to be a "highly scrutinized" game, with no call, is peak NHLOL.
The League is a sham.Watched 2nd game and McDavid splits Hughes with high stick and Kane slewfoots him and crickets.Then look at Bruins games at the calls and non calls .That Lauko call was a farce and Bennett delivers blatant sucker punch no call.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Is there a stat that shows what Bruin has been hit the most in the playoffs?

Based on McAvoy's face Im willing to bet who it is. He is the Bruins best player and teams are going to beat his ass on every shift.

Can anyone mention a panther D taking constantly big hits in this series?

Montour is a better than McAvoy lololololol
Montour put up 70+ points last year and has outplayed Yourboy both PO series, open your eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad