Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Oof. Very frustrating game especially after how game 2 ended up.

I didn’t get to catch the first half but despite everything this is still a very winnable series.

They need to chill on the silly penalties they can control like too many men and high sticks, because they’re definitely not going to get the benefit on things like GI (that was f***ing unbelievable). Also they need to stop the bleeding of the PK while they’re at it.

Also Monty has to f***ing speak up about the officiating. I know a bunch of people won’t want that but pretty much every coach does it — and it works (Blues 2019). The rats are the most penalized team in the playoffs, yet somehow they’re only taking 2-3 penalties a game and we’re getting over twice the amount they are; this includes things like the GI call tonight to “protect goalies” when our guy is thrown down (like not even 4-on-4 lmao) and the lack of a call in game 2 when king rat punched Swayman in the first few minutes and drew a call.

8 shots through two periods is pathetic. Bob has shown to be very beatable but they need more than 17 shots to win a game.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Was just coming here to post this.
Was hard to see it live since it looked like a reverse hit that Marchand just unfortunately got injured on.

Slow it down, and watch Bennett's right hand. Absolute scum bag greasey punch to the face.

It's the kind of stuff you do when you know the team you're playing won't do anything about it. Apart from Maroon, who on the Bruins is going to make him answer for something like that?

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s been a fun ride, but they’re beyond gassed here. As much as I can’t stand how these games have been officiated, the Bruins are just completely inept with the whole “hey we need to play offense” department

Preparing myself for a sweep of the gentlemens variety. Sometimes you just lose to a better team. I would, at the very least, prefer to see Florida have to work for it. Pretty sorry efforts the last two games

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Great job Monty of having this team ready to play. This just can't happen in front of your home crowd time and time again. Another horrific night by the refs, Monty gets zero respect from them, he has to speak up on behalf of the team about this. Our 2 true stars McAvoy and Pastrnak have to be a lot better, they are being owned by Florida. I expect Ullmark to be in for game 4.
He was nodding and smiling at the ref. When the ref was 35 feet away he started screaming. Scared coaching gets players scared.
Players and coaches assembled for the regular season look like a train hit them when the playoffs start.
They're expected to beat Toronto but almost didn't.
If Toronto played the way they did starting in game 5 IIRC the Bruins would've been dispatched. This team (Monty and the players) have no real answer for the onslaught. I would be very surprised to go 6 games. Shocked if they were to win it.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
What time? I went out and looked for a bit 15 minutes ago but isn't see anything. Went inside as clouds were rolling in from the north.
They are VERY faint to the naked eye. I could only make out a faint red glow on the horizon but I put my phone camera up to the sky, took a long exposure shot and you could see them clear as day. This was around 10:30, I just back out and they seem to have died down for now. 10 and 2 is supposed to be the best window so hoping they come back a little more vibrant this time.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Again, please tell me where he went wrong, what you would have done different this past year plus?
The roster. The difference in style. Boston is a run and gun team not a playoff grinder. Anything to do with the so called ''all in'' last year was created by Sweeney. I wonder if he'll sign Grzelcyk? I'd look for players that will take the body. Be a team that other teams don't like playing. Like a few Boston teams from the past. Remember McQuaid?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
What was up with Carlo tonight? Had a horrible game - Bruins were outshot 9-2 when he was on the ice - and was given less than 4 mins in the 3rd period, including just one tiny little shift in the last 11 mins. Was this simply due to fatigue, Monty keeping him on the bench due to his bad performance, or something more? Been a rock all playoffs, but alas not here.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Third period was a real good effort, learn from that ...Florida is a relentless beast and whatever the Bruins did to make the neutral zone easier to get through in the 3rd ..keep doing that ..and if you can't ... make sure a few of their players aren't healthy for their date against the Rangers...by not healthy I mean hurt ...hurt hard ..hurt very hard..let them remember that they paid a steep price

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
The roster. The difference in style. Boston is a run and gun team not a playoff grinder. Anything to do with the so called ''all in'' last year was created by Sweeney. I wonder if he'll sign Grzelcyk? I'd look for players that will take the body. Be a team that other teams don't like playing. Like a few Boston teams from the past. Remember McQuaid?
So when he added bertuzzi, orlov, and Hathaway last deadline, those weren’t hard to play against players? Most bruins fans were more than happy with those moves, knowing they were rentals, knowing Bergy and krejci were retiring. Take one last swing. Have an off year this year. Spend next off-season and start again. We have exceeded everyone’s expectations this season. I still fail to see how we can blame sweeney or Monty but maybe that’s just me

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
are you saying he can’t do those things or won’t?
He can want out all he wants but Boston doesn’t have to let him out (plus I doubt he actually does want out. You think he wants out just because they might lose a playoff series?) And offer sheets are rare. I’m not about to go looking-up the compensation at midnight but Boston can match, up until the point where the value of the draft picks outweighs the value of contract.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
It’s been a fun ride, but they’re beyond gassed here. As much as I can’t stand how these games have been officiated, the Bruins are just completely inept with the whole “hey we need to play offense” department

Preparing myself for a sweep of the gentlemens variety. Sometimes you just lose to a better team. I would, at the very least, prefer to see Florida have to work for it. Pretty sorry efforts the last two games
Believe in Monty! Hes the x factor in this.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
So when he added bertuzzi, orlov, and Hathaway last deadline, those weren’t hard to play against players? Most bruins fans were more than happy with those moves, knowing they were rentals, knowing Bergy and krejci were retiring. Take one last swing. Have an off year this year. Spend next off-season and start again. We have exceeded everyone’s expectations this season. I still fail to see how we can blame sweeney or Monty but maybe that’s just me
Don sweeney. Best in the business. Period.

• Wow
Reactions: Hookslide

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
So here we are hockey fans, Boston Bruins fans, and if you are like me you never expected them to go very far in the playoffs. I felt the only reason that they were in the playoffs was because of the two best NHL goalies being on the same team all season. I am glad they beat the Maple Leafs and thar we didn't have to live down a 3-1 round one Loss.

I am onto the next game on Sunday, yes, we will all be there and hope they do better but if they lose we will be back on Tuesday. That's what happens when you are a Boston Bruins fan.

Onto game 4.

Go Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad