Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saturday, May 11 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Taking responsibility is meaningless if there are no consequences (witness Brendan Shanahan in TO). I take responsibility for the solar flares. If anybody’s electronic devices malfunction that’s on me. The buck stops with me. But unless I’m incarcerated for it or something it’s a meaningless statement (great, now I have to worry about a knock on the door in the middle of the night).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Ignore the final score: The Bruins were worse than the simple math on the scoreboard might suggest in their 6-2 loss to the Panthers in Game 3 Friday night at TD Garden.

The Panthers, now with a 2-1 lead in the series, rolled up a 3-0 lead by the end of 40 minutes, and did it by thoroughly dominating the Bruins over the first two periods, limiting the Black and Gold to a mere 8 shots.

In the third, a Brandon Montour goal boosted the lead to 4-0 — giving the Panthers 10 consecutive goals, dating back to the second period in Game 2.
Never in their 100-year history had the Bruins ever yielded 10 consecutive goals in a single playoff season. They four times allowed nine straight goals, most recently in 1995 vs. New Jersey.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Our talent doesn’t match Florida’s so our effort, tactics and intensity have to be better than theirs to have a chance in this series. Games 2 and 3 dismal failures in that regard. That’s on both Monty and the players. Too many ghosts out there.
Coach can only do so much, boys need to lead themselves in my opinion. Monty isn't without blame, but the boysb can't forget when the game starts.

Need better effort all around. Let's see how they respond.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
That sequence that Marchand got injured on was dirty as f*** seeing a clearer clip of it.

Could you image the early 2010's teams if someone punched one of their teammates like that? Bennett's head would have been like a basketball bouncing on the ice. Meanwhile the captain of this team gets taken out like that and they just roll over.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
That sequence that Marchand got injured on was dirty as f*** seeing a clearer clip of it.

Could you image the early 2010's teams if someone punched one of their teammates like that? Bennett's head would have been like a basketball bouncing on the ice. Meanwhile the captain of this team gets taken out like that and they just roll over.
Bennett knew what Marchy was gonna try the whole time, it didn’t seem dirty just the stronger guy won.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Was just coming here to post this.
Was hard to see it live since it looked like a reverse hit that Marchand just unfortunately got injured on.

Slow it down, and watch Bennett's right hand. Absolute scum bag greasey punch to the face.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019

Ignore the final score: The Bruins were worse than the simple math on the scoreboard might suggest in their 6-2 loss to the Panthers in Game 3 Friday night at TD Garden.

The Panthers, now with a 2-1 lead in the series, rolled up a 3-0 lead by the end of 40 minutes, and did it by thoroughly dominating the Bruins over the first two periods, limiting the Black and Gold to a mere 8 shots.

In the third, a Brandon Montour goal boosted the lead to 4-0 — giving the Panthers 10 consecutive goals, dating back to the second period in Game 2.
Never in their 100-year history had the Bruins ever yielded 10 consecutive goals in a single playoff season. They four times allowed nine straight goals, most recently in 1995 vs. New Jersey.
Florida didn’t limit Boston to a mere 8 shots, Boston did that all by themselves.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Was hard to see it live since it looked like a reverse hit that Marchand just unfortunately got injured on.

Slow it down, and watch Bennett's right hand. Absolute scum bag greasey punch to the face.

Yikes

I guess the Bruins will address that on Sunday, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad