Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
DeBrusk upped his game in the third, but was invisible the first two periods

I thought Lauko was the Bruins best player tonight, but that's not gonna win you many playoff games if a 4th line player is the best you got
I thought Debrusk was the only one that was consistently pressuring the panthers D on the forecheck when most of the team was asleep in the first

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I give JDB 6 for 7 or 7 for 6. He does a lot and thats yet another gaping hole to fill.

Mac is not ok. Its impossible to be fully or even marginally healthy and struggle that much to even make a 10-ft pass.

In a 0-0 game the Lauko penalty is a stretch, particularly with how much he tried to avoid Bob a few shifts earlier, but to give a PP to a team up 3-0, head scratcher.

Come on folks, Brad's a stretch as a Top 6 player right now . . .he's in Cooperstown, but honestly?

Pasta looked like he was playing center in the 3rd - don't blame him. Coyle and Zacha are, as others have said, playing like average 3rd liners.

While they're best days are past them, Maroon and JVR show how one attempts to elevate your play in the playoffs.

Tfred is Hood's vanilla without real vanilla beans.

Baffling the wall they've hit in many games where no one is moving their feet and the puck is a hot potato. Our D is like rod hockey where players just spin. Fully Stationary.

Shatty should be in, Forbert out.

I don't think the series is over

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
It amazes me how people can rant about a third pairing D set as to the reasons we have no offense, but meanwhile the whole team has 8 shots on goal through two periods? Doesn’t the rest of the team play also? Many of you just don’t want to bad mouth your darlings!! I’m sorry!!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Well, a pretty bad effort through most of the game. But at least they showed a pulse in the third. Keep the next one close, win, and the series is tired.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Home from a total crap show....no passion/ heart, little to any structure and losing almost every puck battle

Sway, Lohrei and Lauko played with heart, some contributions from Beazzeau , Frederick but a lot of no shows in a sloppy game they deserved to lose

Series is only 2-1 but it feels like it is trending towards a gentleman's sweep ....not sure what Monty can do - too many players lacking the confidence to make plays

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
He was not at all invisible he crushed Mikkola and was flying just cause he didn’t score on every chance or undress the team doesn’t mean he’s invisible. I’m sick of this narrative if he was invisible then the whole team was!

All be first to say he was good enough but let’s pump the brakes on using him a crotch for the Bruins issues plenty of blame to go around.

Yes I agree Lauko had a high energy game and if you haven’t played since what game 2 against Toronto you would think anyone would do anything to stay in the lineup.
I'm not blaming the loss on JDB, because the whole team was playing like shit the first two periods.

To me, their lethargic play was mostly on the coach because they looked like they didn't have a game plan

The only guy I really noticed before the third period was Lauko who was skating his ass off. I like Jake and think he gets too much blame most games, but I didn't really notice him much until the 3rd period, when he played with a lot of heart

...but unfortunately once again, the B's were too little too late

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Wake call I have. Just came in and it didn't go the way I thought. Wow, hope Brad ain't to bang up.

Up to the next one.

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
It amazes me how people can rant about a third pairing D set as to the reasons we have no offense, but meanwhile the whole team has 8 shots on goal through two periods? Doesn’t the rest of the team play also? Many of you just don’t want to bad mouth your darlings!! I’m sorry!!
Yeah. And also why can’t anybody drive to the net but Lauko? You’re coming up the wing, don’t always hit the brakes, pull-up and look for the trailer or the point, or just curl around the net and feed it back to the other point. How about you set your edges and drive to the f***ing net? I remember Coyle doing it once against Toronto. Otherwise he takes a tour around the back of the net. You’re a big boy man and strong as hell on your skates. Force their D to actually make a play. Make it hard on them, not easy on them. All of you.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Sweeney built this team. Built for the regular season. ''entertaining hockey'' as Neely said. We have seen what is required to win in the playoffs. Has Sweeney gone that route? Lots of teams will have cap money. The price of free agents will go up with all the money available. The top two prospects in Providence are the same size as Grzelcyk.
Yeah and the thing is they actually have some size right now. Too chickrnshit to actually hit anybody tho (until the 3rd after Lauko awakened them from their dogmatic slumbers). Nah, let’s let Florida do all the hitting. That’ll work. Always has in the past, right? 🙄

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Here's the thing.

Last year we went all in. It failed, that happens, look at Vegas, out in the 1st round even with all their BS.

Because we went all in last year , Sweeney had to look for bargains, IMO he did pretty well given the circumstances.

This team over achieved with the roster they played with this season. They had to work their asses off to finish where they did. With a very inferior roster they had more success in the PO's this year than last years dream team. Let's not forget our situation at center. We don't have a true 1C . Props to Coyle and Zacha for keeping it respectable but it is what is.

The future looks bright. Sign or trade for a true 1C and they'll be in business. Lots of young guys ready to take the next step.
Poitras,Lohrei, Beecher and Brazeau showed some good stuff this season. Who knows, maybe even Lysell , Merkulov and Regula can take the next step. Not bad for a team who's been perpetually rated at the bottom of the prospect pool.

The Bruins are playing a better team, simple as that. The Bruins look gased and have looked that way for some time. That's what happens when you have to bust your ass to stay competitive.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Last point again - Bruins score first and it may be a completely different narrative. Issue being, the Bruins hardly generated the shots to have the lead.

Florida's low percentage 5v5 scoring chances while awaiting a PP for the high danger chances is a risk if trailing.
I have not seen the game... but 3 goal one PP + 2 empty netter on 6 goals. You might be right.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Yeah. And also why can’t anybody drive to the net but Lauko? You’re coming up the wing, don’t always hit the brakes, pull-up and look for the trailer or the point, or just curl around the net and feed it back to the other point. How about you set your edges and drive to the f***ing net? I remember Coyle doing it once against Toronto. Otherwise he takes a tour around the back of the net. You’re a big boy man and strong as hell on your skates. Force their D to actually make a play. Make it hard on them, not easy on them. All of you.
You sound like you’re 70 years old like me!! Drive to the net!! When I was young me and my linemates had one rule. We will All meet the net. And FYI, the goal posts were screwed into the ice. Didn’t move an inch. Old time hockey!! North south.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad