Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Only down 2-1. Playing with house money where anything can happen. On to Sunday.
Alt, it’s not entertaining whatching punks punk out players. The core is soft. There are only a handful that play. They play like a European team as people would say back in the days. All finesse and no pop. Get the hell out of here.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
1. Panthers are better team

2. No problem if they were to try Ullmark game 4

3. I don't care if refs are bad. You can't give up 3 straight PP goals and watch a 1-0 game turn into 4-0.

4. Margins are razor thin for this team. They basically need to play a perfect game to win. Problem is you can't just flip a switch and change the SOG disparity. Have to be dialed in defensively as a team. Have no shot beating Florida when you give up 11 goals in two games.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Florida knows we are just a pit stop on the way to the ECF.

Boston has to figure something out or it’s over in 5.

Even counting game 1, Florida has been the better team the majority of the series so far
They could play playoff hockey with some f***ing intensity rather than passive November hockey.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great job Monty of having this team ready to play. This just can't happen in front of your home crowd time and time again. Another horrific night by the refs, Monty gets zero respect from them, he has to speak up on behalf of the team about this. Our 2 true stars McAvoy and Pastrnak have to be a lot better, they are being owned by Florida. I expect Ullmark to be in for game 4.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
None of this is overly surprising. They've had trouble scoring goals all season long and Florida plays good team D. This team is offensively challenged. I think I have said that many times over the season and it's not really surprising. Coyle is probably one of the NHL's best 2 way 3rd line centers, but he's in over his head as a top line guy. Zacha is showing that he's an open ice guy and can't handle playoff hockey. DeBrusk showed up in the 3rd when Florida went into a shell but overall Mr. Inconsistent is just that as always. Marchand is still a valuable asset but he's no longer a top line 30 plus scoring threat and that just leaves Pasta. So Florida focuses on him and shuts him down and our only offense comes from occasional depth scoring. You just aren't going to win that way.

Sure the refs were bad for us, but so was the PK. Goaltending has held us in all year but that bubble has burst as well. We aren't winning this series and although we play hard and we don't quit and I still love this team and all of it's hockey culture, we just do not have the talent to compete any further in this post season. We may stretch the series (maybe) but we will not win it and we have zero answer for Sam Bennett just like last year.

Ah well, I'm still okay with it, we beat the Leafs.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Monty needs to grow a spine? What exactly do you mean by that? Not sure I follow…
Brad can't see the forest because of the trees. IOW, he can't see how talent-challenged this team is, so he blames the coach.
Hell, the BRUINS multi-million dollar sniper can't even snipe anymore.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Asking too much of these guys to come out and play every game. Ah well, see what happens next. At least when Florida wins, there's no one around where I live that cares.

Reactions: Kazcram

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
Fire Sweeney and Monty? You people have to be kidding!? Look at our roster. We went all in last year. It didn’t work. We weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs this year. We are set with salary cap room this off-season. What was Sweeney supposed to do!? He went for it like he should have. He picked up salvage parts this year like we all wanted and it went better than planned. Please someone tell me where he went wrong these past 2 years.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Don't feel great after tonight. We just have no offense.

Gryz should get back in the lineup so he can have one final game at the Garden in the spoked B.
If you are suggesting dressing Gryz I have to assume you are saying it is simply time to give up

we are only down one game we can still win this

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad