GDT: ECSF | Game 3 | Senators vs. Penguins | 7:30 pm | CBC, NBCSN, RDS | PIT leads 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Number-1.jpeg

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Just picked this up (after illegally parking at SBP to get to the Sens store). Geared up for tonight!

971190_10152855236920607_1310004009_n.jpg

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Well he won't senselessly take part in staged fights, which is exactly what true NHL fighters seem to do.

I agree, although what I really meant was I thought it was funny that they don't think he'll fight a "true fighter" when his resume shows differently.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I agree.

I actually think there will be a story of two about Spezza. I imagine the CBC crew will also focus a lot on Karlsson, although negatively.

CBC wasn't all that negative about Karlsson. He deserved the constructive criticism, although I have no idea how his injury is affecting him.

It's the worst I've seen him play since his rookie year (and heck, he was better offensively then).

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The better their team is, the more they think they actually know about this sport.

Obviously, it doesn't work that way.

Happens to any fan base when their team is a powerhouse. Bandwagon fans, misplaced arrogance.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
The Spez Dispenser is back :D

Can someone do me a solid? Put a picture of Spezza's face onto the 'head' of a PEZ Dispenser. It will make me laugh :laugh:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Lol i have been watching Sens hockey for 12 years now and i can't recall if Neil ever loose a fight. Anybody remember seing such a thing. For what saw, he never refuse a fight except if he is already wounded or cut from a fight the game before wich is totally normal. Man the guy didn't hesitate to drop Chara, there is no doubt in my mind that he is fearless :yo:

He'll also refuse to fight if it doesn't help the team in terms of momentum or trade-off (i.e. he knows he's a solid player, so he won't take himself off the ice for five minutes if it means the other guy going with him is some pugilist who won't be in the NHL in a year.)

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Lines are
Conacher-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Smith-Zibanejad-Neil
Greening-Pageau-Condra

honey badger (dgaf) -- Despenser -- Check
Swede -- New Balance -- God (aka:Swede)
Apple (i get more of these than Gino's) -- Pikachu (yet another Swede) -- Hulk Smash (aka:raise roof)
Newf -- Pepi Le' Pew (aka: catch my drift ) -- STAMINA

littleD

Anyone been to Elgin for games in this series? Has it been busier than round one?

I went to game two in the Montreal series and McLaren's was empty until about 15 minutes before puck drop. Want to go tonight, but don't exactly want to be there 2 hours before puck drop. Should I still be okay if I show up 45-60 minutes before?

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Yeah, I don't think I was implying the latter.

Sorry, my mistake.

Anyway... hopefully the Sens play a more physical game and start skating. They've been far too tentative for the start of each game in this series. Heck, through 7 playoff games, they've really only had one great start and that was Game 3 against Montreal. Even in Game 5 of the last series, Montreal had a great start but the Sens got a break on a massive rebound by Budaj leading to the opening goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad