Oct 12, 2008
Lavi to Kreider and Zib in the room

giphy.gif

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm constantly told on HF that seeing a penalty in the playoffs is rarer than seeing bigfoot riding a unicorn and therefore the Rangers' special teams won't matter.

They have been in some of the other series.

Our games have just been penalty fests for some reason.

The actual data shows that penalties go up in rd1 but tail off after that. You wouldn't know it watching this series.

This isn't like the other games where I think theres been a ton of really soft shit called. Outside of the Fox penalty (Grundle fell) everything that has been called has been a penalty.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I love how every game we get less power plays, and every game they show one we actually do get to cry about it.

Reactions: AirGut

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If he had any worse acceleration he'd skate backwards. Rempe is miles more explosive. Let that sink in.
It's frankly up to the NYR management to tell him where to focus on his offseason training, because this is not it. Strength is fine, but not when he's doing that on the expense of speed. On his draft year, he was scoring on breakaways against Canada at the World Championships. There were some NHL defenders there. Seems like a far cry now.

f*** the gym next summer, just focus on skating and actually lose some weight. Less muscle, more finesse. He's skilled enough that he can win board battles with less, if he just becomes more agile at the same time.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I got called away a few times and missed parts of the game so far. Why has Laffy played so little ?

Reactions: AirGut

effen

Feb 3, 2018
It's frankly up to the NYR management to tell him where to focus on his offseason training, because this is not it. Strength is fine, but not when he's doing that on the expense of speed. On his draft year, he was scoring on breakaways against Canada at the World Championships. There were some NHL defenders there. Seems like a far cry now.

f*** the gym next summer, just focus on skating and actually lose some weight. Less muscle, more finesse. He's skilled enough that he can win board battles with less, if he just becomes more agile at the same time.
I've never seen any particular example of puck skill that said top sixer, let alone top liner. Not talking goals or dekes either, but just stickhandling around someone at any point.

He doesn't try on the rush EVER because he can't. Just slowly takes it wide, easily marked. He's just a 3rd liner. A more conservative Will Cuylle with a lot less hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad