GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Laviolette is a rock solid coach. If you look at his track record, every team he coaches does well. Ok, he'll miss the playoffs sometimes and eventually get fired, but across NYI, Carolina, Philly, Nash, Was, NYR he's got a solid W/L record each time. Playoffs are a mix of winning a cup and a few runner ups, but also to be fair a slew of first round losses.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Galaxy braining this idea - at the last second, announce Quick as the starter.

1) Canes are already changing their goalie for tonite
2) Give Igor a deserved rest ( I know he thrives on “extra work” but he got plenty in game 2)

Barring that, Trouba needs to be throwing his patented Chicken Wing at Svechnikov early and often.

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
You can't be serious.

You and SA (who I see unironically liked that take - no shock, there) need to log off the internet for a while and do some soul searching if you think a 4th liner "could sink us." Yeesh.

Ryan Hollweg 2008.

Yeah we were losing that series no matter what but he certainly lost one game for us that's for sure

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Don't take this as pessimism but I can't see the Canes losing this game in this spot. Not because of anything to do with the Rangers but because the Canes are good and going home down 2-0 they will throw everything they have.
Wasn't game 2 everything they had?

The only way I see a different outcome is they get some bounces there way and we straight up lay an egg.

Getting ahead or keeping it even will put more pressure on the canes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Brind’Amour is making a logical change. Bringing your co-equal goaltender is only intended to get the attention of the rest of his team. I know people close to the Hurricanes and they were surprised when Andresson was given the initial playoff start. As far as I am concerned, nothing to see here.
Did he make this move when they played Isles with the lead? It does get his players (and the rest of the hockey world) but it stinks more of a panic than a logical move coaches make when they believe in their teams.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Can we just give him Rempes 4 minutes
based on this idea that he lacks conditioning, i'll adjust my request for his deployment:

cuylle to 4th line and chytil to 3rd line. if chytil wennberg kakko isn't playing that much at evens anyway, break Chytil in with fewer minutes that way.

Cuylle can replicate Rempe's 4th role and has been taking that spot late in games

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I don’t believe in magic. I know that what we ever do or say here has zero effect on the game result.
I’ve never wanted more than tonight for the Rangers to beat a team 6-0 .
NHL network and other hockey media are all using the same talking points.
No credit to the Rangers PK; blaming the canes weak PP in Carolina not executing. No mention of Andersen being chased from the series. Narrative is the Canes are one of the best teams in the league and they will take this series to seven.
EJ Radek with his blue and orange goggles on saying that Carolina has to keep Igor in his “little blue paint “.

Reactions: noncents and AirGut

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

Goaltending has not been their issue. It seems like a panic move to me. Keep the pressure up.

starship-troopers-paul-verhoeven.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad