GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Hope we aren't in a FO hole like last game for most of regulation. That really kept them on the heels.

Trouba not having his head up his ass would be nice too.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
With the rest between the season and playoffs, and between rounds 1 and 2, don't want to see the fatigue excuse rear it's head. Drown a Monster; go out and f***in' win.

Reactions: AirGut

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Matchups to watch for me are Staal against the Panarin line and Aho against Trouba and Gus. I guess Slavin will go against Mika. It’s hard to go 7-0 to start the playoffs but the Rangers have a formula that works.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Going to need a big game from Trouba, and if he can't handle it we need to ride the top 4 hard.

This is not G7 of the SCF, we shouldn't go all-in on a random playoff game when we're not even desperate. It's a marathon, not a sprint. It makes zero sense to tire out the top-4 D. The Candy Canes are on the run, playing their backup that spent parts of this and last season in the minors. There's no reason that Fox, coming off injury, needs to get 30 minutes.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I really don't think this is some kind of mastermind move by Rod. I actually take him at his word.

The goalie change doesn't always work if it IS his mindset though. Isles ended up punting G3 by going to Sorokin who shat his pants.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Matchups to watch for me are Staal against the Panarin line and Aho against Trouba and Gus. I guess Slavin will go against Mika. It’s hard to go 7-0 to start the playoffs but the Rangers have a formula that works.
It may be not be easy for Rod to get the Aho line against Gus/Trouba pair matchup consistently. They're going to be our least used pair, and all Lavi has to do is hold them off till Aho has had a shift then put them on. If CAR tries to hold the Aho line off to get that matchup, that means they are on ice less. Which is great for us. I don't see him doing that. It's easier to AVOID a specific matchup of that sort than get it. Even when you have home ice and the last change.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
With the rest between the season and playoffs, and between rounds 1 and 2, don't want to see the fatigue excuse rear it's head. Drown a Monster; go out and f***in' win.

They played 4 games in 18 days leading up to the Canes series. Then they play 2 games and they're fatigued? No way.

The Canes played 6 games in the same 18 days, then the same 2 games vs the Rangers, and they had to travel to and from NYC, while the Rangers are headed down south for the first time. They also lost the 2 NYR games, so they - or at least some of them - should be more upset. I see fatigue - physical and emotional - as more of an issue for the Canes. That said, they're pros, I think the effect on the Canes will also be very minor, physically and emotionally.

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
This is not G7 of the SCF, we shouldn't go all-in on a random playoff game when we're not even desperate. It's a marathon, not a sprint. It makes zero sense to tire out the top-4 D. The Candy Canes are on the run, playing their backup that spent parts of this and last season in the minors. There's no reason that Fox, coming off injury, needs to get 30 minutes.
I'd rather sweep them then get our rest. Trouba only played 2 mins vs Aho and Guntzle last game and gave up a goal. He's going to have to step up big as the Canes will get their matchups. It's my biggest worry about tonight.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Chytil playing?

Rempe playing 4 minutes hurts our depth.
We have guys tired after 2 OT game.
plus Carolina has last change now and can try to put Aho against Rempe line…that will not look good for us

Reactions: UnparalledPark

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Chytil playing?

Rempe playing 4 minutes hurts our depth.
We have guys tired after 2 OT game.
plus Carolina has last change now and can try to put Aho against Rempe line…that will not look good for us

No

Yes but with forwards its not as big a deal as it is with D. We've been going to mostly 11 forwards but Carolina cut their bench to basically 9.
So do they
Rempe barely plays so the chances of them being out there against one another is slim. I'd give him distinct instructions to run Aho in this one and live with killing the penalty if necessary (just don't take a major.)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Have a good feeling about the 3rd line tonight. Carolina went down to 9 forwards for most of their game. At least the Rangers did use Cuylle and Kakko, but they should be the freshest of the group.

Reactions: Mandar

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
That GDT in the main board was the laziest first post i have seen. Hopefully Carolina puts as little effort in their game tonight as the poster sid

Reactions: Profet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad