GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
They're channeling the Devils from last year and Akira Schmid. This reeks of desperation.

Canes are a much better team than the Devils were though. Also the Rangers I'm sure are not looking to repeat that again. This Rangers team is better, deeper than last year and healthy. We've also shown a lot of resilience this year. It's a team that believes when it's get behind in a game it can come back.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Will it? The Canes pull shtick to sell tickets to only local States so not as many NYR fans can flood the arena as during the regular season.
They did that last time we played them in the playoffs and it was still a sea of blue (I was at game 2). There's nothing they can do about that.

Canes are a much better team than the Devils were though. Also the Rangers I'm sure are not looking to repeat that again. This Rangers team is better, deeper than last year and healthy. We've also shown a lot of resilience this year. It's a team that believes when it's get behind in a game it can come back.
I couldn't agree more!

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
No you're right but they were really careful to manage his workload and build up headed into the playoffs. This isn't like other injuries where you can still move your body while you're recovering, you're pretty much shut down completely.

This is why I buy the rest excuse. He hasn't had the reps and just played a game and a half.

Yeah, I can see why he might need rest. It's not from injury but probably from fatigue.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Schmid is barely an AHL caliber goalie. That was a necessary hail mary and he had little to do with winning that series and promptly got lit up by the weakest Hurricanes roster in forever. The fact that the Rangers weren't able to knock out 2 wins against him was a f***ing embarrassment.

Kochetkov is an actual NHL caliber goalie with the ability to steal a game. He had a knock out 40+ save performance in a 1-0 win vs Florida this year where he was f***ing awesome (Canes scored late to win, it was one of the best games of the year.) He had a pretty strong game when the Rangers beat them later in the year too (1 or 2-0 with an ENG? It was the day after they beat the Devils and Rempe elbowed Sigenthaler.)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Schmid is barely an AHL caliber goalie. That was a necessary hail mary and he had little to do with winning that series and promptly got lit up by the weakest Hurricanes roster in forever. The fact that the Rangers weren't able to knock out 2 wins against him was a f***ing embarrassment.

Kochetkov is an actual NHL caliber goalie with the ability to steal a game. He had a knock out 40+ save performance in a 1-0 win vs Florida this year where he was f***ing awesome (Canes scored late to win, it was one of the best games of the year.) He had a pretty strong game when the Rangers beat them later in the year too (1 or 2-0 with an ENG? It was the day after they beat the Devils and Rempe elbowed Sigenthaler.)
Which is why I am a weeeee bit frightened.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Understand why Lavi isn’t changing a lineup that is 6-0 in the playoffs but Rempe really should not be playing on the road against this team. It’s going to bite us eventually.
I do agree, 100%. At the same time, half their roster is a stiff breeze away from IR. A few thundering, hard, yet legal hits, could put the nail in the coffin.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Like any goalie I think just getting in there and scrumming for loose pucks will result in goals...good puck movement and shots that get through and players ready to get rebounds and that's what you can do

Reactions: AirGut

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Chytil isn't ready, I guess whatever. I don't know if Lavy would trust Brod any more than he trusts Rempe.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
I'm not an HFDoc like you are, but with blood clots, you either can play or not play, no? It's not like a physical injury that gets better with rest. I remember that Kreider dealt with blood clots, he had to take time off and go on medication.
You always need to take strong blood thinning medication for at least 3 to 6 months (according to European guidelines, not sure about US but it will definitely be similar), which results in singificantly increased risk of bleeding. That means you can pretty much forget about any contact sports including hockey for that time period.

But there is a huge difference based on where the blood clots are localized. Deep vein thrombosis (i.e. blood clots in the legs) may cause swelling, but in most cases is quite benign (even though blood thinning medication is still a must). On the other hand, if that blood clot gets free and through bloodstream enters into heart and then pulmonary arteries (i.e. pulmonary embolism), it can cause severe problems and (depending on size) even instant death.

I may be a cardiologist in training, but I have no background in sports medicine and no experience with professional athletes getting back to pro sports after this diagnosis, so take it with a grain of salt. But if Andersen had had the latter, I wouldn't be surprised if he still were totally winded doing relatively easy workouts even now, months after. So it seems quite plausible to me that he needs rest.

• Love
Reactions: will1066

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
If Chytil isn't ready, I guess whatever. I don't know if Lavy would trust Brod any more than he trusts Rempe.

I mean, he's listed as scratched, not injured, and he's practicing in a regular jersey, so I suspect they may be getting him up to playoff-level conditioning more than anything else. When you're down with a concussion, you're completely on ice, much more so than during the summer when you get to practice. Maybe they're hoping to win 1 of 2 in Raleigh, then finish it off on Monday, giving Chytil a couple extra weeks before R3. But if the series is tied coming back to the Garden, Chytil should play assuming it's safe health-wise. He's incomparably better than Rempe.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Going to miss most of this game. It's Mom's B-day, and taking her out for dinner with the rest of the family. We have 7:30 reservations.

Lines have been updated. Let's Go Rangers!
Think smart, should've booked a "fancy" restaurant that has the game on TV!

I've got an extended weekend, so able to watch the first full game of the series. Hopefully the good vibes continue.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad