Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The series move to the Garden.

The Bruins should welcome their guests by treating them like family - a crime family.

All SIX Bruins on the ice should drop the mitts and fight their Panthers counterpart right at the opening faceoff. If the Bs need to call up five skaters and a goalie from the ECHL for one game to take the suspensions, so be it. Then spend the rest of the night trying to send Tkachuck and Reinhart to the emergency room. That should send a message.

The Bruins have already far exceeded my expectations for this season. There’s a chance to establish dominance and send a message to the whole league that when it comes to the Bruins, if you’re gonna f*** around, you’re gonna find out.

That’s just my opinion.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I just want to see those stupid grins wiped off of Tkachuk and Montour's faces. Should Bennett return then target his vulnerable area his broken hand. Cousins is a little puke and should just be ignored by Maroon.

Should the Bruins not win, I at least want those p***ycats to know they have been in a battle with scars to prove it.

Soften them up a bit for their next opponent, if they manage to move on.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The main difference is McAvoy. The bruins are supposed to have the edge in defense because they certainly dont have it on offense, if McAvoy plays to his abilities then they are much more evenly matched. Im hoping it's something that can be adjusted and he's not playing injured, if he's playing hurt then this won't be a long series ultimately, especially if/when bennet comes back.

If he's hurt I'd rather see him sat to heal up and put in Peeke when he's ready, move up Carlo. Can't have him eating up 30 minutes as a liability.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I want #19 to be bullied into submission as much as the next person, but I also realize the league/refs decide if that is allowed or not.

Targeting him can lead to a lot of penalties for the Bruins, and although the PK has been amazing so far, I’d rather not waste 2 minutes.

I’m all for more hits on him like Marchand delivered for the rest of the series, though.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Bruins should start doing what I saw Nashville do a few times against Vancouver, dump the puck into the corner and send 2 guys in to pound him, they nailed Quinn Hughes one time doing this, shook him up pretty good.
Peeke and Heinen back in? Crazy Quick turn-around between games. Ullmark in?

U live or die with Swayman.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don’t think afraid is the right word- they are/were disincentivized to do it while Maroon was out there though for sure. The game was over before Maroon was given the gate and they clearly waited until after to try to get really nasty with it. It’s just another layer they have to get through before getting to the skill guys, and it’s a layer that’s quite frankly tougher than anybody Florida iced last night

Maybe, maybe. But that layer is getting less than 10 mins TOI and very little of it is with the stars. Are the Panthers going to lay off on the hits and the nonsense because Maroon just might lay the body or get in their face later? So what? I genuinely don't get what the fear factor is with this guy. He's too slow to catch you most of the time, and he sucks at fighting. When was the last time he seriously punished someone after dropping the gloves? He talks a good game but that wears thin pretty quick.

Nothing the Bruins can do physically is going to intimidate the Panthers. They just don't have the cattle. By all means stand up for yourselves, finish your checks, seek to be the hammer, all that stuff. They need to do that, show they're up for the fight. But the single most effective way to stop Florida running around and being belligerent is the scoreboard. Score goals, get leads and keep them, and I guarantee 99% of the goonery will disappear, unless it's a blowout, because the Panthers will have more pressing priorities. These guys will leak if you pressure them hard enough, so stick at it.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
We are significantly tougher than the panthers, not concerned about that

but game 3 is about to be either real nasty, or real quiet

either way, we take game 3
Panthers have one “tough” guy in Bennett and he’s a spot picker who now has a hand like the butler from Scary Movie 2…and their second toughest guy is a cabbage patch kid.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The main difference is McAvoy. The bruins are supposed to have the edge in defense because they certainly dont have it on offense, if McAvoy plays to his abilities then they are much more evenly matched. Im hoping it's something that can be adjusted and he's not playing injured, if he's playing hurt then this won't be a long series ultimately, especially if/when bennet comes back.

If he's hurt I'd rather see him sat to heal up and put in Peeke when he's ready, move up Carlo. Can't have him eating up 30 minutes as a liability.
i see zero evidence of a significant injury, none. Montour outplayed #73 last year and is doing it so far. I see no edge to Boston in the D corp.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
See Tkachuk thinks I will go to the net start my BS and grab Carlo or McAvoy get in a fight and be done with it

Bruins should use the Steve Ott 2019 Blues approach especially the D and keep the gloves on and push back (try to shove that mouth guard down his throat )

Don’t let this guy get out easy picking a non fighter

Just play him hard and every chance every shift / when he goes to the net their should be contact from both sides and front and back - doesn’t have to be viscious just to let him know

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Monty lit a fire under the teams ass last night. You can't have Pasta and Marchant doing your fighting but good on them for giving a crap. Bruins stars have a target on their backs. Hope the Bruins wake up and start nailing the Panthers stars. Why does Reinhart get free pass. Bruins have some big players that need to show more fortitude. Maroon should wipe the smile off Tkachuk's mug. This is why he was brought in. If they capitalized on their chances in the first period they win this.
Got the split now they have to take advantage of it. These series get more difficult as they move along. Get in the gutter and win the next game.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Maybe, maybe. But that layer is getting less than 10 mins TOI and very little of it is with the stars. Are the Panthers going to lay off on the hits and the nonsense because Maroon just might lay the body or get in their face later? So what? I genuinely don't get what the fear factor is with this guy. He's too slow to catch you most of the time, and he sucks at fighting. When was the last time he seriously punished someone after dropping the gloves? He talks a good game but that wears thin pretty quick.

Nothing the Bruins can do physically is going to intimidate the Panthers. They just don't have the cattle. By all means stand up for yourselves, finish your checks, seek to be the hammer, all that stuff. They need to do that, show they're up for the fight. But the single most effective way to stop Florida running around and being belligerent is the scoreboard. Score goals, get leads and keep them, and I guarantee 99% of the goonery will disappear, unless it's a blowout, because the Panthers will have more pressing priorities. These guys will leak if you pressure them hard enough, so stick at it.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin - Of course, some Bruins fans would prefer this version

I have a sense Game 3 will be one Bruins fans will be talking about decades from now ......and in a good way

I sure hope so. We haven't had a part in one of those really defining, seminal playoff games for the ages in a long time. Would be very nice to see one on Friday, ideally with the right outcome.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Here’s what I don’t get.

I know were obviously biased to varying degrees…

But, how does Tkachuk get away with as much as he does?

Do the refs just call a game and then never look at the film of it?

Aren’t they embarrassed that they are made to look so bad?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Here’s what I don’t get.

I know were obviously biased to varying degrees…

But, how does Tkachuk get away with as much as he does?

Do the refs just call a game and then never look at the film of it?

Aren’t they embarrassed that they are made to look so bad?
It’s crazy. Marchand doesn’t get away with it. Domi doesn’t get away with it. It makes no sense to me. Like how tf do they end up with a PP to start off the game?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Boston needs Swayman to goalie Panthers to win.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad