GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Zibanejad isn't a great 5v5 center but maybe it's ok because Trochek is.

Ex-Cane OT dagger
1715140685114.png

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No matter what you think of that call not exactly a banner night for Brady Skjei

Thought it was a great game, Shesterkin just went godlike on the Hurricanes. The amount of diving from both teams tonight however was embarrassing. I can live with a couple, limit could be as high as 4. But clean it up boys, Italian football thinks that shits weak.

I wonder if Rod goes to Kochetkov. It's not a loss I would put on Freddie really but 2 games in a row there's a late squeaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Lindy

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
No matter what you think of that call not exactly a banner night for Brady Skjei

Thought it was a great game, Shesterkin just went godlike on the Hurricanes. The amount of diving from both teams tonight however was embarrassing. I can live with a couple, limit could be as high as 4. But clean it up boy, Italian football thinks that shits weak.

I wonder if Rod goes to Kochetkov. It's not a loss I would put on Freddie really but 2 games in a row there's a late squeaker.
skjei with pesce vs away from pesce is dr jekyll and mr hyde

Reactions: NorthStar4Canes

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Weekes is nothing compared to Keith Tkachuk. Keith has put on at least 150lbs since being retired. And that’s with him and his wife constantly flying throughout the season to just about every game of Matthews and Bradys.
If I had the money I'd fly around and go to hockey games too

Reactions: Captain Lindy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW it's the same every year. To win a team needs talent.....they need depth.....they need guys who can fit into roles and do the unappreciated jobs (pretty much all of the teams left check all of those boxes) that don't show up on the scoresheet but a team also needs luck such as staying away as much as possible from serious injuries particularly to key players.....getting at least their share of bad bounces if not more and getting their share of good and bad or no calls by the officials if not more. Luck plays a big part for a team to win the Cup no matter how good they are.

The Canes in the first two games have been getting killed by the Rangers power play and penalty kill. They haven't helped themselves by giving away some of their power play chances with unnecessary penalties---two by Svechnikov and one by Guentzel and the last factor I'll point out is so far not that Andersen's played badly but Sheshterkin's just been the better goalie.

I don't think the Canes are done. They're a good enough team they could get behind 3-0 in the series and still pull it out though I wouldn't recommend that strategy......the Rangers are pretty damn resilient too. Tonight was a very closely fought game.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
FWIW it's the same every year. To win a team needs talent.....they need depth.....they need guys who can fit into roles and do the unappreciated jobs (pretty much all of the teams left check all of those boxes) that don't show up on the scoresheet but a team also needs luck such as staying away as much as possible from serious injuries particularly to key players.....getting at least their share of bad bounces if not more and getting their share of good and bad or no calls by the officials if not more. Luck plays a big part for a team to win the Cup no matter how good they are.

The Canes in the first two games have been getting killed by the Rangers power play and penalty kill. They haven't helped themselves by giving away some of their power play chances with unnecessary penalties---two by Svechnikov and one by Guentzel and the last factor I'll point out is so far not that Andersen's played badly but Sheshterkin's just been the better goalie.

I don't think the Canes are done. They're a good enough team they could get behind 3-0 in the series and still pull it out though I wouldn't recommend that strategy......the Rangers are pretty damn resilient too. Tonight was a very closely fought game.
If the Canes go down 0-3 in the series, I can safely say it’d be a wrap at that point, lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#Kochetkov

Andersen is a roasted marshmallow. I thought I was watching reruns of Rangers/Devils games 1 and 2 from last year with Vanecek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad