GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's Trouba looking for the kill shot. You need to hit him first. If you hit Fox instead of waiving the stick at him, he couldn't make that sweet pass.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yikes. Shesty with 6 goals against already.

Not good

Meh, he’s been excellent.

One thing I have noticed as a Canes fan when playing against the Rangers though, is that as good a puck mover as he is, when he’s not in the right headspace he tries to be Superman with the puck playing, and it always seems like a detriment to his team more than an advantage at that point.

Idk if I’ve just got rose colored glasses on or if this is a repeatedly observed phenomenon for Shesty, but I almost have it conditioned in my head as an opposing fan to kind of be psyched when I see him doing that because it has seemed to mean he’s not totally locked into beast mode.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014

One thing I have noticed as a Canes fan when playing against the Rangers though, is that as good a puck mover as he is, when he’s not in the right headspace he tries to be Superman with the puck playing, and it always seems like a detriment to his team more than an advantage at that point.

Idk if I’ve just got rose colored glasses on or if this is a repeatedly observed phenomenon for Shesty, but I almost have it conditioned in my head as an opposing fan to kind of be psyched when I see him doing that because it has seemed to mean he’s not totally locked into beast mode.
Don’t think it’s in relation to how good he is playing in goal on the night. But he is an excellent puck mover that sometimes is just too confident with his ability. It’s a great observation though. Although strangely it doesn’t usually come back to bite him directly.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Think it's more frustration when the Rangers' skaters are getting hemmed in and it's a way to start a breakout. Rarely works, because the Rangers speed is just always lacking, but can't blame a guy for trying.

Reactions: Tryamw

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Think it's more frustration when the Rangers' skaters are getting hemmed in and it's a way to start a breakout. Rarely works, because the Rangers speed is just always lacking, but can't blame a guy for trying.

Maybe that’s it - I may just be conflating “Shesterkin looking beatable” with “my team is playing well and hemming the opposition in.”

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Maybe that’s it - I may just be conflating “Shesterkin looking beatable” with “my team is playing well and hemming the opposition in.”

Figured it was going to happen. The Canes have speed and have been all over the Rangers' zone tonight. As an NYR fan, it's frustrating as hell to watch, but it's just a real strength of the Canes and the Rangers haven't had the best answer for it tonight. Going to come down to breakouts and precise passing, but it hasn't been there.

At his best moments, Shesty is like a 3rd d-man starting breakouts, and he just gets more ballsy when there's nothing else to lose and the Rangers D are busy trying to line up hits.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Figured it was going to happen. The Canes have speed and have been all over the Rangers' zone tonight. As an NYR fan, it's frustrating as hell to watch, but it's just a real strength of the Canes and the Rangers haven't had the best answer for it tonight. Going to come down to breakouts and precise passing, but it hasn't been there tonight.

At his best moments, Shesty is like a 3rd d-man starting breakouts, and I'm he just gets more ballsy when there's nothing else to lose and the Rangers D are busy trying to line up hits.

It’s certainly a testament to the player that the best I can hope for as an opposing fan is “he doesn’t look like he’s in beast mode.”

Reactions: Charlie Conway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad