GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I was born closer to the START of WWI than I was to today...
Wait, that ruined MY day...

Yeah, if we continue just like this I'd be perfectly happy. I don't care about assigning blame for losses. I'd much rather assign credit for wins, no matter how non dominating.

That would be awesome but that isn’t happening unless they start playing better and by they, this really boils down to 2 guys (and 1 of them just flat out sucks so one of them and hope you can manage the suckage of the other.)

They aren’t going to rock a 50% gf ratio on the PK for the entire run.

Kelly Sutherland is doing tonight’s game.

Get ready to kill 7+ penalties

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It would be nice if the third line could score a goal, Kakko has one goal on a gift.

I don’t believe Wennberg had ten goals this season, let alone ten shots on net.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
bitching about refs before the game even starts has to be the worst thing fans do

Reactions: Nickmo82

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Win or lose, it ain't cause the refs guys. The other team is out there too.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
If anyone is ever bored, get a copy of the book “Blink” by Canadian author Malcolm Gladwell.
Humans are biased. Even when they believe they are being fair and impartial.
Just the way we are wired.
Sutherland’s stats would infer that his bias leans to one side.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
You said he's being keyed on by other teams top defensive players. Agreed, as is the case with every top player ever and this wasn't any different in the regular season. Thats the excuse.

The bolded is an opinion that one has when the bar is set ultra low. Even if you want to take raw production out of the equation, he literally went 8+ periods in the Washington series with out registering a shot on goal. Thats the opposite of great.

Also it's never been a question of effort on his part. If anything, he gets into the habit of trying to do too much.
If you think the intensity of preparation to win games in the playoffs is the same as the regular season, you’re way off. The San Jose sharks trying to stop Panarin in January is wayyy different than Carolina or Washington literally focusing on shutting down the one line we have that scores 5v5 in a playoff series. It’s not even remotely the same. You’re allowed to critique Panarin, but it’s a little odd to me that fans are being critical at all as the Rangers sit 5-0 after winning the presidents trophy. They’re trying to win as a team, individual performances mean less when there’s a team effort and if Panarin’s role is to get “shut down” from his 3-4 point nights but Zibanejad steps up and scores 2 PPG, who cares

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Game 2 everyone, even with these shitty refs, I still believe we are the better team and we just need to continue to go out there and show it. Be first to the puck, play as a team, be physical, and let’s take game 2.

All positive vibes!

Let’s go Rangers!

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If you think the intensity of preparation to win games in the playoffs is the same as the regular season, you’re way off. The San Jose sharks trying to stop Panarin in January is wayyy different than Carolina or Washington literally focusing on shutting down the one line we have that scores 5v5 in a playoff series. It’s not even remotely the same. You’re allowed to critique Panarin, but it’s a little odd to me that fans are being critical at all as the Rangers sit 5-0 after winning the presidents trophy. They’re trying to win as a team, individual performances mean less when there’s a team effort and if Panarin’s role is to get “shut down” from his 3-4 point nights but Zibanejad steps up and scores 2 PPG, who cares
Some fans think all players should up their game and we should score 6 a night. Anything else and players are slacking off and coasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad