Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
My thoughts after game 1:

1. Being a Bruins fan living in Canada, all the Leafs fans made sure they stopped by my desk yesterday to tell me how the Bruins were going to get smoked by the Panthers. My reaction was, the Leafs scared me more than Florida. Toronto has that game breaking talent, even though it's rare to show up, having the talent of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Bertuzzi........they can make you pay. I said I feel more confident against the Panthers than I did against the Leafs.

2. Panthers definitely came out and played their strong forechecking game. But there's a huge difference between this years Bruins and last years.......size and grit.

3. Say what you want about injuries, but Swayman is in a different league this playoffs vs Ullmark last year.

4. Crazy note: we are 1-0 in the 2nd round series and we have not got one goal from our 1C, 2C, or 1D. Scary if the offence starts flying from all 4 lines. Combined that with the #1 goalie in the playoffs right now......we could be a wagon!
I think your second point is spot on. A lot of people, including Panthers fans on the main board have said they didn’t play well last night. I didn’t see that at all. I thought they played their game, I think many people just expected that they would roll over the Bs, and 5his is just a much different Bruins team than last year.

Reactions: mxcrossb

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Lots of confidence in this thread. Strong game almost all around (with the exception of faceoffs), but we're only 25% of the way there. Boston can most certainly win, but I'm expecting Florida to come out stronger in subsequent games.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I have a theory.

If you lined up every NHL’er for a rink length race, 85% would finish within one second of each other.

The top 5% McDavid, etc, would be 2 seconds ahead of that groups leader and the slowest 10% would be 2 seconds behind their last guy.

Meaning, straight line speed isn’t as varied as people think and positioning and hockey sense can cover for lack of speed in some cases.

Good points.

So far in the playoffs, the fastest player clocked is Martin Necas at 23.84 miles per hour. Beecher is 7th at 23.08.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hasn’t happened yet in their 5 playoff wins, but I’d love for them to get a win when the goaltending is less than stellar. It’s not that they’ve been awful, but Swayman has just been outstanding. I really wanna see that they can secure a W by different means. It would make me feel much better about this current run they’re on

Reactions: BMC

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Lots of confidence in this thread. Strong game almost all around (with the exception of faceoffs), but we're only 25% of the way there. Boston can most certainly win, but I'm expecting Florida to come out stronger in subsequent games.
Exact same score as game one vs Toronto, and we saw how that went.
I'm not counting any eggs yet.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I think it all boils down to the Bruins continuing to skate well. The Panthers are having lots of trouble with the B’s zone style defense and are the Bruins are counterattacking beautifully. If the defense skates to open areas instead of rimming the puck blindly, the Bruins can beat any team.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think most of us are cautiously optimistic after last night. I can only speak for myself, but I'm not going to feel confident until we have a lead like we did last night with a minute or so left in the clinching game. Even then, I'll be nervous until the clock hits zero LOL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
IMO....This is pathetic....Fans really deserted their team.

1715099837022.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think most of us are cautiously optimistic after last night. I can only speak for myself, but I'm not going to feel confident until we have a lead like we did last night with a minute or so left in the clinching game. Even then, I'll be nervous until the clock hits zero LOL

I get it.

Generally the board gets (IMO) too high and too low based on individual games.

Lots of hockey left to be played.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

Yeah, the highs and lows of the playoffs as a fan are crazy. Once the Bruins went up 3-1 against Toronto, most fans and pundits wrote off The Leafs right then and there. Once they tied the series up, that changed and I saw and heard a lot of, 'The Bruins are toast'. I know I felt that way too.

The Panthers are going to get their chances. They're going to get their bounces. Swayman is going to have a bad game here and there. There were a few sequences last night that could have completely changed the outlook of that game (but I guess what hockey game doesn't have that). I'm thoroughly enjoying today, like I do after every win, but am also preparing myself for the fact that this won't last. The Bruins will not sweep this Florida team, they're too good.

TL;DR - I'm pumping my breaks as a fan, but still enjoying the journey.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I thought Wotherspoon had a great game. To me it comes down to Peeke and Forbort. I would lean Peeke as right shot.

Nice problem to have either way. Needless to say we hopefully never see Grizz again.
The B's Defense is deep. Healthy and sitting are Peeke, Shattenkirk, and Gryz. I know many don't like Gryz, but how many teams can throw someone like Gryz out there for your 9th D'man.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad