GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
With Boston finishing up a hard fought 7 game series against the Leafs, it could go either way. They could have some mojo carry over, or will fatigue show?

Kinda flip side for the Panthers. Will the extra time help them come out with jump, or will the down time hinder them (like last year’s cup final)?
With how banged up the Panthers were by the Final, they might’ve been better off w/no rest and still running on adrenaline.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
The bruins have played much better all year on short rest vs multiple days off, I don’t see the quick turnaround a negative against the bruins.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The only position that doesn't favor Florida by a wide margin is goalie and that may still favor them. Bruins fans just keep repeating Bob's first round save percentage and I know they didn't watch because he stood on his head for 4 of the 5 games. The only path the Bruins have to win is special teams.

I see 1 "standing on his head" game, but not sure which orifice you're pulling the other 3 from. Unless a sub .900 counts as standing on your head now.

For an example of standing on his head, look at Swayman:

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Rooney was excellent in the Bruins/Leafs series. I think he is an overall good ref. Much better than clowns like Lee and Kozari. Game 1 will be a difficult game to ref and Rooney is a seasoned non-biased professional. The hate he gets from fan bases is typically from the usual "blame the refs for everything" crowd. A few fan bases are worse than others in that regard.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Rooney was excellent in the Bruins/Leafs series. I think he is an overall good ref. Much better than clowns like Lee and Kozari. Game 1 will be a difficult game to ref and Rooney is a seasoned non-biased professional. The hate he gets from fan bases is typically from the usual "blame the refs for everything" crowd. A few fan bases are worse than others in that regard.
Wes McCauley is the best ref in the league. Entertaining too.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This is weird. I typically don't mind Florida fans, so I have no idea how snarky I'll be as compared to last series against the Leafs.
dd1861df-672c-4814-a5f0-9143c5dda7fa_text.gif

Our real enemy is reddit.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’d take any of them over Rooney.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Never had an issue with Rooney. I barely know him to tell you the truth. It's Kelly Sutherland and Francois St. Laurent that I always find myself yelling at.

Anyways go Bruins! I like being the underdog going into the series with no expectations. Fun change of pace.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This is weird. I typically don't mind Florida fans, so I have no idea how snarky I'll be as compared to last series against the Leafs.
After 30 years of pain, we don't do much flexing on anyone, we are excited to be here, and have our eyes on the prize, but we don't think anything is a given, and the boys don't either. We are ready to play 7 if it goes that far.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

I see 1 "standing on his head" game, but not sure which orifice you're pulling the other 3 from. Unless a sub .900 counts as standing on your head now.

Repeating the stats does not come close to giving enough props to both Bob and Vasi, they both were fantastic. And both teams are much more productive than the Sore 4.

The least of our worries is Bob being out goalied against anyone honestly. He has been great for a couple years now. We outshoot most teams so normally the opposing tender has better numbers, I could see us winning the series and Bob having worse numbers comparatively to Sway/Ullmark.

Its a wash in my mind.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

rewatch those games, sv% isnt telling the whole story there.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Swayman is a great goalie. Dont get me wrong, I dont mean to take anything away from the series he had. But I can just as easily say that maybe Swayman had a low GAA against Toronto because Toronto is offensively anemic and inept in the playoffs. They havent scored more than 2 goals in 13 of the last 14 games.

Dont judge Bob's performance based on the stats.

Game 2 would have had a completely different dynamic, and possibly result, had Bob made incredible saves after he allowed goal #2.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Swayman is a great goalie. Dont get me wrong, I dont mean to take anything away from the series he had. But I can just as easily say that maybe Swayman had a low GAA against Toronto because Toronto is offensively anemic and inept in the playoffs. They havent scored more than 2 goals in 13 of the last 14 games.

Dont judge Bob's performance based on the stats.

Game 2 would have had a completely different dynamic, and possibly result, had Bob made incredible saves after he allowed goal #2.

Sorry, let me jump in here, I know I am a Leafs fan and all, but I just wanted to make a comment here. Swayman is definitely a good goalie, I want to see how Florida beats him and hopefully embrasses my Leafs further. Leafs offence is definitely anemic. Swayman will not put up same numbers in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad