Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 8:11 PM - THE BEAR swims in the Everglades - ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’m not. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
I think I would have gave him time to catch his breathe .You just know Bruins will be a bit flat game 1 after that series..

Why would you bench a goalie who's 4-2 with a 1.49 GAA and a .950 s%? Those are Thomas 2011-level numbers. I don't care who we have as the backup, you keep riding the hot hand.

Especially one that's very public about his grievances and needs an extension this summer lol.
Not benching him just giving him a bit of a rest.He is not Tim Thomas either ,at least not yet.Anyways whatever they do they do .I root for logo on the front regardless

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think I would have gave him time to catch his breathe .You just know Bruins will be a bit flat game 1 after that series..

Not benching him just giving him a bit of a rest.He is not Tim Thomas either ,at least not yet.Anyways whatever they do they do .I root for logo on the front regardless

Why do people think Swayman is over worked and/or needs rest? He’s played 6 games in the last 20 days. He’s a young professional athlete and every other goalie in the league is doing exactly what he’s doing.

Actually he should be more rested already than every goalie in the playoffs right now after missing game 2.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Thanks I was going to inject "women". At almost 80 years old you we get all confused with being politically correct.
We now have a professional woman's hockey league that is being embraced.
My wife loves hockey as much or more than I do. Our boys played hockey. One coached when their daughter and son played. I played when I was a kid. Elm bark chin pads and butter knives for skate blades. Horse bun puck.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why do people think Swayman is over worked and/or needs rest? He’s played 6 games in the last 20 days. He’s a young professional athlete and every other goalie in the league is doing exactly what he’s doing.

Actually he should be more rested already than every goalie in the playoffs right now after missing game 2.
Other teams don't have a backup (if you want to use that word) like Linus either.Look at Oilers, Calvin frigging Pickard..

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

His play vs Toronto was far superior to Thomas vs Montreal. Thomas also had a couple off games vs Tampa. Was great vs Van 7/7 amazing performances even the 3 losses.

So basically people don't want to give Swayman an opportunity to sweep Florida like Thomas had round 2 vs Philly. Rask as backup is way better than Lindholm who can't get out of the first round. Rask already had 2 career playoff series wins under his belt at that point. Ullmark has gotten us eliminated in the first round 2 years in a row.

Everything lines up for an obvious Ullmark G2 start unless Sway pitches a shutout.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is the series you want a Maroon. Going to be physical and a lot of after whistle bullshit from Florida. Maroon can handle himself.
Sure he was traded for this series and his roster spot. Would rather instert him if needed middle of the series. Try and win G1 with someone like Lauko and get the PPs. He has been WAY behind the play so far after a decent first game. 1 good game 6 poor ones doesn't scream keep him in to me but whatever.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Other teams don't have a backup (if you want to use that word) like Linus either.Look at Oilers, Calvin frigging Pickard..

But that has nothing to do with swayman needing rest/ catch his breathe

What would make you think he needs ti catch his breathe?

Reactions: lopey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Swayman only played 44 games this year, they rotated the entire season, so asking him to go from getting every other game off to playing 15-20 consecutive games of physically and mentally draining playoff hockey is maybe not reasonable. From that standpoint, combined with how Linus is also a #1 in his own right, I see the argument to get Sway a night off.

But when you just won a series by playing six games of Hasek-level goaltending, you can't take out a guy on a heater like that

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Sure he was traded for this series and his roster spot. Would rather instert him if needed middle of the series. Try and win G1 with someone like Lauko and get the PPs. He has been WAY behind the play so far after a decent first game. 1 good game 6 poor ones doesn't scream keep him in to me but whatever.
Florida is not a fast team, more physical then fast. Give him game 1 see what he does and go from there I guess.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
But that has nothing to do with swayman needing rest/ catch his breathe

What would make you think he needs ti catch his breathe?
Don't be surprised if there is a let down after that series. Anyways I don't care personally who they put in, I just figured Linus get the start game 1 .Regardless he best be ready .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Swayman only played 44 games this year, they rotated the entire season, so asking him to go from getting every other game off to playing 15-20 consecutive games of physically and mentally draining playoff hockey is maybe not reasonable. From that standpoint, combined with how Linus is also a #1 in his own right, I see the argument to get Sway a night off.

But when you just won a series by playing six games of Hasek-level goaltending, you can't take out a guy on a heater like that
Good post here ..great points both sides

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I thought this and then remembered that it seems like the Bs played better when they had many games in few days.

Who knows.

Bruins with 1 day off between games this season
  • 27-12-7 (higher win% than their overall season avg.)
  • 3.37 GF/g (higher than their season avg.)
  • 2.70 GA/g

Jeremy Swayman with 1 day off between games this season
  • 4-1-2
  • 2.53 GAA
  • .920 Sv%

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Matt Tkachuk makes fun of them every chance he gets, I am sure they don't need motivation from anyone, and if they do they already lost
who are the 3 Florida guys who are tough ?

Not yappy but actually can throw down ?

Montour is feisty and Bennett is like Frederic but way more cheap and is out

Cousins is human trash

Tkachuk is annoying

Who am I missing here they should be worried about

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Cousins is human trash

Tkachuk is annoying

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Cousins is human trash

Tkachuk is annoying

Bennett can fight but he is injured and I doubt coming back he would want to drop mitts right away .U pretty much nailed it though

Like to see Bruins player flip the script and bother Florids goalie and cause trouble instead of other way around.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Bruins finished 1 pt behind Florida in the regular season standings.

I don't see this as the Bruins being some huge underdogs if you look at how each team did over a the full 82.

Should be an even matchup if the Bruins play to their potential. If they mail it in like they did for stretches against Toronto then it could be over quick.

Florida obviously has the fact they won last year, the cup final trip, and then looking solid in the first round this year.

Boston coming off almost shitting themselves a 2nd year in a row so it doesn't surprise me that "experts" prefer Florida.
I feel like folks are forgetting the adds Florida made at the deadline. Pretty significant.
If our boys play to win I think it will be a competitive series….but Florida is nit the same team they were in the regular season.
Hopefully Bennett stays out….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad