Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Bruins fate will be all up to Swayman and as impressive as he's been I doubt it's enough.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
If they were ass-kickings I might agree with you.
And 2 of the meetings were in Oct/Nov.
only thing regular season indicates is the games will be close.
I’m not banking on a bruins series win , I’m only arguing against the narrative that fla is going to walk thru the bs . There’s enough data to suggest this series won’t be the cakewalk that many people think it will be. Ballsack to a flame I have fla but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if this goes the other way. Hoping it does, but as others have already said the bs are playing with house money, this was a bridge year for the bruins so win or lose the second rd isn’t bad for team that many people thought wouldn’t make the PO.

Reactions: wintersej and BB79

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I’m not banking on a bruins series win , I’m only arguing against the narrative that fla is going to walk thru the bs . There’s enough data to suggest this series won’t be the cakewalk that many people think it will be. Ballsack to a flame I have fla but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if this goes the other way. Hoping it does, but as others have already said the bs are playing with house money, this was a bridge year for the bruins so win or lose the second rd isn’t bad for team that many people thought wouldn’t make the PO.
I don’t expect a walkover in any way. I think many, if not most, such predictions are said with a bitter Leafs face.

The Bruins are rested from taking games 5 and 6 off and warming up in game 7.

The kitties are more rusted than a Chrysler K-car from the 80's
Muy bueno :laugh:

I imagine many in DC would covet your services.
You could make a fortune there during election season.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Bruins are not a good team. It feels like when we lost to the CBJ again. Panthers are going to not even break a sweat
LOL dude take your L. The Leafs went down 3-1 and couldn't win game 7. It was a close series and came down to 1 goal. If the Leafs could score more than 2 goals maybe they could win more games. Last night could have gone either way.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
He doesn't realize that his critique is a slight against the Leafs, not the Bruins, lol
I know right? I do give the Leafs a ton of credit for battling back and making it a series, they just simply couldn't seal the deal. Nothing to be ashamed about at all. Valiant effort. They're a tough team to best despite the record vs the Bruins being one way over the last 11 years. They just have no luck whatsoever.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
IMG_0927.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Ummm, because Bob is better? Vezina candidate. 11 more wins in 14 more games. 3 more SOs. Better GAA.
Lol ignoring Swayman had a better (slightly) save percentage and obviously had less wins in a 50-50 tandem. And regular season is one thing but let's look at playoff performance so far. Swayman has been on another level, it's really hard to argue that he's not above Bob at this moment in time.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Panthers have the deeper team, but Boston has more experience winning in the playoffs. I expect a dirty series and perhaps the league didn't suspend Marchand becausae they thought the Panthers could deliver a better punishment.

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think Swayman can match Bob save for save in this series. This will likely be the best goalie head to head match up for the 2nd round.

But this Florida team just has too many weapons. Tkachuk wasn’t even at his best in round 1 and he still put up 9pts. Verhaegae is stepping up and then you got 57 goal man Reinhart to deal with. If Tkachuk can get back to his form from last years playoffs this series will be short.

Coyle and Zacha are going to get destroyed by Barkov in the faceoff dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad