Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Boston where grit goes to die. Bruins just doesn't have the scoring depth to win a 4 round playoff series. Florida is better and at some point, Pasternack will have a game that he is simply unable to be a factor. Scoring depth is where those goals happen matter.
Someone is watching box scores. And not even doing that very well. Yikes, harder to be more off target if you tried.

Reactions: lopey

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
the full day to sit between C’s and Bs games can only help the ice, at least.

I’m ready to get this game going tonight, though.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Local Boston man admits he would do the exact same thing that Bennett did.

Exactly. And Florida fans would then be the ones screaming and yelling because that’s what we fans do. Bennett probably would say same thing as Marchand. Maurice would complain, and good for him. Guys like Brindamor (who gives a shit how it’s spelt) and Berube show that it works sometimes.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
the full day to sit between C’s and Bs games can only help the ice, at least.

I’m ready to get this game going tonight, though.
I’m sorry. And on behalf of Boston I sincerely apologize. Our ice sucks all the time regardless of circumstances. It’s a disgrace that we fans complain about regularly. Jacobs should be fined by the League. Again, it’s an inexcusable disgrace and has been for years now. Seriously this is a sincere “I agree and for what good it does (none, I know) as a B’s fan I’m sorry”

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I’m sorry. And on behalf of Boston I sincerely apologize. Our ice sucks all the time regardless of circumstances. It’s a disgrace that we fans complain about regularly. Jacobs should be fined by the League. Again, it’s an inexcusable disgrace and has been for years now. Seriously this is a sincere “I agree and for what good it does (none, I know) as a B’s fan I’m sorry”
Yes, I brought up because of Bs fans posting about why it is shitty. Hopefully they improve the situation.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
6E5P9ZV.gif

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Ask Marner, he's on your team.

Game 6 is looking like a bigger obstacle than a game 7 would be that's for sure. Home ice disadvantage.
I'm not sure Montgomery should keep his job if they lose tomorrow.

Would be six straight home playoff games to Carolina.

And worst of all.....3-8 in last 11 home postseason games.

With last change and so forth, I just don't think that's acceptable.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I'm not sure Montgomery should keep his job if they lose tomorrow.

Would be six straight home playoff games to Carolina.

And worst of all.....3-8 in last 11 home postseason games.

With last change and so forth, I just don't think that's acceptable.
This is a weird season. If you lose this series of course you dissect it and see where you went wrong and feel some level of disappointment especially with the effort in games 2-4. Take two steps back and look at the full picture, and no one expected the Bruins to finish 2 points out of first and end up in the 2nd round of the playoffs given what they lost. They pretty much blew away all expectations. For that reason maybe they keep him around. We'll see what happens.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is a weird season. If you lose this series of course you dissect it and see where you went wrong and feel some level of disappointment especially with the effort in games 2-4. Take two steps back and look at the full picture, and no one expected the Bruins to finish 2 points out of first and end up in the 2nd round of the playoffs given what they lost. They pretty much blew away all expectations. For that reason maybe they keep him around. We'll see what happens.

I have been team "give him another year" except after game 4 when he didn't let the league have it. But, things get heated. The hilarity of the embellishment mocking earned him another year, lol.

No offense Boston. I have nothing against you. I just really want to see Florida NYR. Go Panthers.

I don't want to see another attempt to drum up a fake rivalry with the Rangers just because the cities Boston and New York are involved.

But, sacrifices must be made.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I have been team "give him another year" except after game 4 when he didn't let the league have it. But, things get heated. The hilarity of the embellishment mocking earned him another year, lol.

I don't want to see another attempt to drum up a fake rivalry with the Rangers just because the cities Boston and New York are involved.

True. If the NHL wanted that rivalry they should have put the Rangers in our division I suppose. It's always been odd to me that they didn't attempt to capitalize on that. They would probably have to move the Bolts and Cats to the Metro and shift the Rags and Isles to the Atlantic to keep those rivalries alive. Probably a tiny bit less traveling for all parties involved to boot

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
True. If the NHL wanted that rivalry they should have put the Rangers in our division I suppose. It's always been odd to me that they didn't attempt to capitalize on that. They would probably have to move the Bolts and Cats to the Metro and shift the Rags and Isles to the Atlantic to keep those rivalries alive. Probably a tiny bit less traveling for all parties involved to boot

You gotta keep the Rangers, NYI and Devils together. And Philly is just two hours away. And they have to be with the Pens. Gets limiting fast. Especially back when they did the divisions and they wanted to boost the southern teams attendance with O6 road fans.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
You gotta keep the Rangers, NYI and Devils together. And Philly is just two hours away. And they have to be with the Pens. Gets limiting fast. Especially back when they did the divisions and they wanted to boost the southern teams attendance with O6 road fans.
Definately, tearing apart the Mid-Atlantic megalopolis would be more than they'd want to sacrifice. Rangers-Isles-Devils-Flyers-Caps-Pens has already been a rivalry cluster for a long time, I was just being hypothetical.

Reactions: wintersej

whateverblah

Apr 15, 2018

Bruins-Rangers was a great rivalry in the early 70s when they were in the same division and met in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years including in the cup final in 71-72 season.

Since then, not so much.

Reactions: BB79 and wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad