Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Isn't the whole reason why Florida was so favored because of how they looked round 1 vs a decent Tampa team vs how Boston looked vs Toronto? That's where my confidence came from. If the Panthers and Bruins had played round 1 I'd have probably picked Boston, or at least had it as a tossup. Watching both 1st round series' shifted my opinion. These teams were separated by 1 point this year it's not as though it's a 2023 situation. Could just be Leafs were a bad matchup for Boston, although their play the last 2 regular season games definitely looked like they were throwing to avoid Tampa lol.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Still responsible for his stick, and god knows there will be worse calls made in the series. Still not the reason we lost.
Stick was below shoulder height and the FLA player was hunched over. The contact 100% happened, but the stick was not "high"

Isn't the whole reason why Florida was so favored because of how they looked round 1 vs a decent Tampa team vs how Boston looked vs Toronto? That's where my confidence came from. If the Panthers and Bruins had played round 1 I'd have probably picked Boston, or at least had it as a tossup. Watching both 1st round series' shifted my opinion. These teams were separated by 1 point this year it's not as though it's a 2023 situation. Could just be Leafs were a bad matchup for Boston, although their play the last 2 regular season games definitely looked like they were throwing to avoid Tampa lol.
Bruins feared what they almost did to the point that they almost did it. they look loose now, also Guy Boucher ran and entirely different dzone scheme game 5 on for Toronto that changed that series. One of the reasons that OT goal was so well executed was because of how it nulled the 1-3-1 using the indirect stretch pass.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
You think Tampa was the better team than Toronto heading into the playoffs ?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

they weren't throwing games man lol, that's just online fan speak. These guys try to win every game. Sometimes to their own detriment. I chalked the losses up to Washington already being in playoff mode and for whatever reason the Bruins suck against the senators now

Reactions: TD Charlie

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
5-0 against Florida this year. Feels maybe bruins were underestimated in this series.

Just Florida rust and Bennett absence. When they get rolling, the real Panthers will show themselves and this bottom 6 and revamped Bruins D will face the true test.

It will also be the Panthers D facing the true test of a hard-hitting pressure forward group giving it out much more than last year.

Series of attrition.

Reactions: wintersej

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Just Florida rust and Bennett absence. When they get rolling, the real Panthers will show themselves and this bottom 6 and revamped Bruins D will face the true test.

It will also be the Panthers D facing the true test of a hard-hitting pressure forward group giving it out much more than last year.

Series of attrition.
Is Bennett out of series or coming back ?

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Rust factor is probably legit. Florida is the better team but Swayman will be a problem and could “sway” the series, if ya know what I mean. He looks lights out. Is Bennett supposed to return?
They weren't last night

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Benny makes a huge difference. If for no other reason, it separates Sasha and Chucky. Both are line drivers so putting them together makes the team too top-heavy. Tarasenko is next to useless on the third line.
What is the report on Bennett? I assumed it was a hand/wrist injury from a blocked shot but confess I don’t know for sure.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What is the report on Bennett? I assumed it was a hand/wrist injury from a blocked shot but confess I don’t know for sure.

Back skating, supposedly maybe will be back soon, but who knows if they’re telling the whole truth.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panthers brought their A game to game one and didn't let up.
Bruins brought their A game to game one and let up after being up 3-0 in game 4. Game 5 and 6 Bruins mailed it in.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Back skating, supposedly maybe will be back soon, but who knows if they’re telling the whole truth.

Thanks. Looks like hand or wrist. Same thing happened to Peeke for us in Toronto (not same level of player, obviously).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't watch the game, but I picked the Panthers in 6 and I was anticipating that Florida would lose game 1.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad