Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This is true. I didn't really see anything in the first angle that would say it was 100% intentional.

That latest angle is pretty obvious, IMO.

Full disclosure: given Marchand's own checkered past, Bennett may have saw it was 63 and just said "f*** it."
It was literally a minute after Marchand was trying to goad Barkov at the opening faceoff, into a fight instead of challenging Tkachuk for the Pasta fight, they both picked spots in that game.

Still don't like seeing guys get hurt, concussions are real. Dirtbag or otherwise.

But the hypocrisy between hero and scumbag are hilarious.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This is true. I didn't really see anything in the first angle that would say it was 100% intentional.

That latest angle is pretty obvious, IMO.

Full disclosure: given Marchand's own checkered past, Bennett may have saw it was 63 and just said "f*** it."
And I backed him until it was clearly not defensible, I assume they will go, Marchand and Bennett at some point, but with a 4th line slug in the playoffs, having just come back from a hand injury, this shouldn't be too shocking it hasn't happened yet.

If that means he is coward to Bs fans, it is what it is.

Reactions: Just Rude

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Then Marchand would have like 50 career fights by that logic
You are arguing with people who are clinically insane when it comes to the code of hockey. I used to think it was some very deep and orchestrated trolling. It’s not, it’s total insanity

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Because this whole friggin week has been about how the “Panthers get away with eVerYThing, any time Bs do something they get penalty, the league let’s the Panthers get away after whistle stuff, but the bs get called. The Panthers start everything”. It’s been an assorted variety of whines in here.

Edit; @Mathews28 I misread your original post, my apologies.
see post directly above this one for an example. Granted this one is from a Leafs fan, but the whining is very consistent in here.

There’s a lot of this on both sides for sure, I was getting at the one particular post your comment was attached to was one of the less complaining and said basically it’s equal on each side.

The high profile calls have not favored Boston but overall there’s been enough missed calls, flops that drew calls, on both sides that should put to rest conspiracy.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You are arguing with people who are clinically insane when it comes to the code of hockey. I used to think it was some very deep and orchestrated trolling. It’s not, it’s total insanity
I get why they are upset, anyone would be, just like any one of them would be defending Marchand and the exact same actions if the roles were reversed.

Unfortunate injury, sucks to see it for any player, even if many fans think he deserves whatever he gets with his storied career based off these exact antics.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I get why they are upset, anyone would be, just like any one of them would be defending Marchand and the exact same actions if the roles were reversed.
If the roles were reversed Marchand would be suspended for at least the rest of the series.

Then Marchand would have like 50 career fights by that logic
How many team captains has Marchand concussed in his career?

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If the roles were reversed Marchand would be suspended for at least the rest of the series.
You think they would have found all the video angles from the get go, should have been punished in some form no doubt about it. But there any many layers to the story to answer...

Spotters?
Medical Staff?
How did he play 2 periods?
How did the Bruins bench not realize anything until after the game, it happened 5 feet from the bench. Marchand said nothing, or was he hurt later, as a result of combining factors from the first one?

I am preparing myself for when the injury news comes out after the series and it isn't a concussion. I think most Bs fans are more angry at the result than the play itself. They were checking his shoulder on the bench but he was also woozy, makes no sense if they thought it was a concussion from that hit that they let him play 40 minutes more. That or the medical staff and team or league are covering their asses.

Reactions: Alex1234

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
As a Toronto Maple Leaf fan, I can assure you that the rat has gotten away with very egregious and dangerous actions that have resulted in long term injury.

This year for example, THIS was ignored.

Which resulted in this;

So let's cut the nonsense. Marchand has made his entire career with slight of hand nonsense that has caused serious injury. And as I recall, like the Florida fans in this thread, Boston fans were preaching to us how "this is the game within the game".

Well, turnabout is fair play. He got a bit of comeuppance here.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017

Unfortunate injury, sucks to see it for any player, even if many fans think he deserves whatever he gets with his storied career based off these exact antics.
Oh no doubt. They should be upset 100%. Marchand is very valuable to the bruins and his absence due to an injury on a borderline play would be infuriating to any fan base.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As a Toronto Maple Leaf fan, I can assure you that the rat has gotten away with very egregious and dangerous actions that have resulted in long term injury.

This year for example, THIS was ignored.

Which resulted in this;

So let's cut the nonsense. Marchand has made his entire career with slight of hand nonsense that has caused serious injury. And as I recall, like the Florida fans in this thread, Boston fans were preaching to us how "this is the game within the game".

Well, turnabout is fair play. He got a bit of comeuppance here.

Still doesn't make it right, Bennett should have been dinged with something, unless that is not where he was hurt. Still though, a fine, SOMETHING, no doubt.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Bs fans wouldn’t care about Bennett fighting anyone had it not been for his cheap shot that injured their team’s captain.

I don’t care if you’re McDavid, if you injure another player with a dirty hit, you’re a complete coward if you don’t answer a challenge.

B-b-b-but my finger hurts.

So I’ll run around and cheap shot then fall back on “can’t fight…the finger…you know”.

A player delivering a cheap shot who has the latitude to decide if or when they’ll answer the bell removes accountability and contributes to the on ice angst.

Bennett could have largely ended this debate in G4 with a half assed attempt to fight. But he’ll wait til next year and pound wotherspoon 😉

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Still doesn't make it right, Bennett should have been dinged with something, unless that is not where he was hurt. Still though, and fine, SOMETHING, no doubt.
Pretty sure everyone bitches about the refs. Yes. Bennett should have been fined. Yes Marchand should have been fined SEVERAL TIMES in the past.

Player safety in this league is a joke department. I've grown numb to this shit. As when Kadri did shit like this he was HAMMERED with suspensions. Regardless of it being the playoffs or not.

This resulted in a 8 f***ing games in the playoffs.

I honestly believe with regards to Marchand that when he dove from a ref grabbing him from behind in the first round, he both embarrassed himself and the league and is now going not get any favors when anything happens on the ice. He is now in the same boat as a Kardi in that he will get the hammer from now on.

I'm happy with that, but the league is an inconsistent joke.

Reactions: RogerRoger and BB79

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pretty sure everyone bitches about the refs. Yes. Bennett should have been fined. Yes Marchand should have been fined SEVERAL TIMES in the past.

Player safety in this league is a joke department. I've grown numb to this shit. As when Kadri did shit like this he was HAMMERED with suspensions. Regardless of it being the playoffs or not.

This resulted in a 8 f***ing games in the playoffs.

I honestly believe with regards to Marchand that when he dove from a ref grabbing him from behind in the first round, he both embarrassed himself and the league and is now going not get any favors when anything happens on the ice. He is now in the same boat as a Kardi in that he will get the hammer from now on.

I'm happy with that, but the league is an inconsistent joke.

Marchand earned his reputation years ago. I don't think anything recently has changed things though.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Marchand earned his reputation years ago. I don't think anything recently has changed things though.
You don't think this was an embarrassment with regard to his over diving? He better smarten up. I think the refs grew tired of his shit after this moment and I noticed he wasn't getting any of the calls he used to get after this happened.

iu

I think the Bennett punch plays into it. They probably just thought Marshy was just diving again.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
B-b-b-but my finger hurts.

So I’ll run around and cheap shot then fall back on “can’t fight…the finger…you know”.

A player delivering a cheap shot who has the latitude to decide if or when they’ll answer the bell removes accountability and contributes to the on ice angst.

Bennett could have largely ended this debate in G4 with a half assed attempt to fight. But he’ll wait til next year and pound wotherspoon 😉
I think if it was someone like McAvoy he would go, but you want 4th line fighters, handling the business, because you want a lesson/injury to be doled out in return, not justice, not anything to do with the code.

I think if healthy, he would beat Maroon too honestly.

The kid who couldn't do pullups at the combine, is an absolute fire hydrant now.

Also I get why McAvoy wouldn't be fighting either as he is banged up to shit, he doesn't need another black eye, or to have those stitches getting opened up. Before anyone takes that example personal.

Both these teams are looking at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Bennett should have been suspended. Then you get kicked in the balls yet again by him scoring the game tying goal in the next game on yet another controversial play that went his way. I'm no psychic but I'm pretty sure this is why most of us wouldn't mind seeing him run through the boards at this point.

Instead though we get Don "but..but....I don't want to get fined" Sweeney and Pat "I didn't want to take a penalty" Maroon :banghead:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You don't think this was an embarrassment with regard to his over diving? He better smarten up. I think the refs grew tired of his shit after this moment and I noticed he wasn't getting any of the calls he used to get after this happened.

iu

I think the Bennett punch plays into it. They probably just thought Marshy was just diving again.
No, not really. Toronto stopped playing games with Marchand and that made the difference. When he's not up to his usual back and forth pest bullshit, he tends to disappear for stretches.

Bennett should have been suspended. Then you get kicked in the balls yet again by him scoring the game tying goal in the next game on yet another controversial play that went his way. I'm no psychic but I'm pretty sure this is why most of us wouldn't mind seeing him run through the boards at this point.
I don't care that he wasn't suspended to be honest. I'm not even all that upset there was no penalty called.

The whole no response thing from Boston is a lot more frustrating IMO

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
No, not really. Toronto stopped playing games with Marchand and that made the difference. When he's not up to his usual back and forth pest bullshit, he tends to disappear for stretches.
Ok well I guess we see things differently then. I think Marchand put a stamp on his diving reputation in this moment and now he's in the ref dog house.

I could be wrong, we will see how this plays out with the rest of his career and if, like Kardi...his reputation follows him into next season. But Marchand used to be able to draw a penalty by diving after a push or a small hit or something. It felt to me like he wasn't getting those calls after this moment.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ok well I guess we see things differently then. I think Marchand put a stamp on his diving reputation in this moment and now he's in the ref dog house.

I could be wrong, we will see how this plays out with the rest of his career and if, like Kardi...his reputation follows him into next season. But Marchand used to be able to draw a penalty by diving after a push or a small hit or something. It felt to me like he wasn't getting those calls after this moment.
Respectfully, you are way off base. This is your perception and I can't change your opinion, which is fine.

We can just spend our summers mutually hating Sam Bennet I suppose.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We see the irony of you shit posting on every Bruins thread though, Habs fan. Same as the Leafs series. Marchand must have given you some next level PTSD :laugh:
View attachment 870094
I get it I do.................fans of the other 31 teams can handle it, but you guys can't!!
More irony.
Love it....
Cheers my bud!!

And I backed him until it was clearly not defensible, I assume they will go, Marchand and Bennett at some point, but with a 4th line slug in the playoffs, having just come back from a hand injury, this shouldn't be too shocking it hasn't happened yet.

If that means he is coward to Bs fans, it is what it is.
As mentioned before..............The Panthers, are just playing Bruins hockey, and man it is not going over well with some..........................more irony again!! LOL

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Bs fans wouldn’t care about Bennett fighting anyone had it not been for his cheap shot that injured their team’s captain.

I don’t care if you’re McDavid, if you injure another player with a dirty hit, you’re a complete coward if you don’t answer a challenge.
Just a case of butthurt because Bennett is beating the stuffing out of you all, living rent free and living large! Marchand went for a kill shot attempting to set the tone for the game and got beat. It happens, deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad