Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I didn't think the B's had a chance this series but I did notice how soft Florida played against Tampa in the first round. Very different from the Florida team from last season.

Maybe we do stand a chance. :highclap:
Soft? Pretty sure one of those games had the most hits ever. FL bullied us all series.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
That is not mutually exclusive. He was concerned shots were 9-1 Florida in the third at that point. He did the right thing to pause and calm his bench down. It worked. Not sure why this is so bothersome to you.
Uh, because you mistook good coaching for fear. Trying to find something that wasn't there, duh.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
You played a great game, but unless Pasta, Marchand, and DeBrusk, are your top producing forwards in the series I am not sure how many you can expect to win relying on the bottom six and your Dmen not named McAvoy and Lindholm to lead the offensive charge.

There seem to be some salty fans even after a Game 1 win, why? They played a great road game and won, not sure why the back handed comments and hurt feelings are necessary.
Oh those guys will get going no doubt in my mind, and we won a game with 2 dman and the bottom 6 scoring. Bodes well for us IMO

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He hasn't looked right at all this post season. Very concerning.
playing inconsistently, at times poorly ...tea ide say that qualifies as "not looking right" are you saying you think he's injured?
Cause I've head thst about Pasta, Marchand, Matthew's, Marner, Stone, Petrangelo .....
but I have not heard anything about McAvoy being possibly injured

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Uh, because you mistook good coaching for fear. Trying to find something that wasn't there, duh.
Quote me where I said fear, I'll wait. The wording I used was concerned.

Monty was concerned with how the period was playing out up 3-1, he didn't want us to get a goal and take over the momentum, it was a good call, by a coach concerned enough about the play at that moment that he felt he needed to refocus them.

If you don't agree with the many fans (Bruins alike) that saw the same thing, that's cool, but you harping on something that wasn't even said or even meant to be a slight, I don't know what to tell you.

He made the call at the right time, and it worked. Why is this controversial at all?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
You played a great game, but unless Pasta, Marchand, and DeBrusk, are your top producing forwards in the series I am not sure how many you can expect to win relying on the bottom six and your Dmen not named McAvoy and Lindholm to lead the offensive charge.

There seem to be some salty fans even after a Game 1 win, why? They played a great road game and won, not sure why the back handed comments and hurt feelings are necessary.
As a B’s fan everything you’ve said has been pretty spot on and I’m not sure why some are getting upset.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panthers a great 3rd period team , at home and come out trailing by two and get a powerplay. Start dominating in Bruins zone. Monty calls a time out. Team settles down and ends tilts the ice backbto even.
Great move by coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Score8

Apr 6, 2017

Because all I’m reading about is how the bruins don’t belong on the ice with Fla but yet the results tell a much different story. I’m not salty I just find it mind boggling how people are continually pulling out metrics and comparing talent while ignoring they’ve faced off 5x now and the bruins are 5-0. At some point the metrics, and analytics go out the window. This series is far from over, the onus to prove something has drastically shifted to Fla .

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Quote me where I said fear, I'll wait. The wording I used was concerned.

Monty was concerned with how the period was playing out up 3-1, he didn't want us to get a goal and take over the momentum, it was a good call, by a coach concerned enough about the play at that moment that he felt he needed to refocus them.

If you don't agree with the many fans (Bruins alike) that saw the same thing, that's cool, but you harping on something that wasn't even said or even meant to be a slight, I don't know what to tell you.

He made the call at the right time, and it worked. Why is this controversial at all?
I went back through this morning and read through a few pages. Apologies for twisting your words. I interpreted differently, replied, then everyone jumped all over you lol. That was on me.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I want Maroon mic'd up. He has been in the league forever. People know his routine. Yet he still is able to get in the heads of the opposition then laugh at them as they lose their mind.
I'd love to have a game feed with no play by play, just players mic'ed up. Give me Maroon, Marchand, Tkachuk and Bennett when he comes back. That would be hilarious

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Because all I’m reading about is how the bruins don’t belong on the ice with Fla but yet the results tell a much different story. I’m not salty I just find it mind boggling how people are continually pulling out metrics and comparing talent while ignoring they’ve faced off 5x now and the bruins are 5-0. At some point the metrics, and analytics go out the window. This series is far from over, but at this point the onus to prove something has drastically shifted to Fla .
Pretending I said anything like that and trying to make a narrative and getting yourself worked up about it is a strange take. Boston beat us in almost every metric in the last series and lost, no one here is pretending we are some unbeatable wagon, except some Leafs fans coming in to stir shit.

We could out faceoff, out shoot, out hit Boston and lose the series. Wins are what counts, but there were some positives for us I thought and its going to be a tight series.

Reactions: Score8

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'd love to have a game feed with no play by play, just players mic'ed up. Give me Maroon, Marchand, Tkachuk and Bennett when he comes back. That would be hilarious

I like how rugby does it. The referee's microphone is always active on the television broadcast. Wouldn't fly in the NHL though due to all the swearing, and there being two referees instead of one. Still, I can dream...

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.

Lohrei is are most offensively gifted D, but he does get sheltered minutes especially in tight games. It will be interesting to see how Monty deploys him since we've seen growth in his game recently.

Your right on your first point and this will likely be the Bruins downfall, our secondary scoring which is the majority of the team, is incredibly streaky. Our success 100% relies on Swayman/Ullmark.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
They did a hell of a job doing so. Have to wonder if they dialed it down too much though. They’ve been brilliant at stepping to the line in the past and all of a sudden they don’t even approach it. I expect a much stronger and physical game tomorrow
I think it was Florida that said last year, their plan was to not even play hockey the first 10 minutes of game 1 and just hit everything that moved to set a tone.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I went back through this morning and read through a few pages. Apologies for twisting your words. I interpreted differently, replied, then everyone jumped all over you lol. That was on me.
Neither of these fear one another IMO, and the best team will win. We have been expecting a revenge tour whether it was Boston or Toronto that advanced to meet us. Gotta beat the man to be the man.

Bruins fans, the majority of them, have been respectful and a pleasure to talk hockey with, doesn't mean we aren't both hoping our team can pull it out.

We don't have a perfect team, and neither do the Bruins, both teams will have to adjust accordingly to how they think the best way to attack the other.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I like how rugby does it. The referee's microphone is always active on the television broadcast. Wouldn't fly in the NHL though due to all the swearing, and there being two referees instead of one. Still, I can dream...
Yup the players probably wouldn't want it either, because I'm sure someone would say something remotely deemed controversial while chirping another player and it would blow up in their faces with cancel culture nonsense....but it would be the best feed ever

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Soft? Pretty sure one of those games had the most hits ever. FL bullied us all series.
I didn't watch every game bc of how boring the series was. I watched 3 or 4 of them just because it was the only game on at the time. Maybe one of those games did, but overall the series did not feel like the Panthers from last season that were just plain mean and aggressive. I felt like they allowed the games to calm down as the series went on, possibly to avoid injury.

Even Paul Maurice was questioned about the lack of physicality in one of the interviews and he said he expected things to get more physical in rounds 2 or 3, so you can't say I'm completely wrong with how I saw the series.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
a little bit of a funny Jack Edwards story, my fiancé is a huge panthers fan and I’m a B’s fan as a little background. One night we were watching Cats vs B’s and Jack was calling the game. Verhaeghe did something and Jack called him Vanderhaeghe. To this day we both still call him that and it’s one of Jacks best name alterations.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
People have been predicting the demise of the Broons since that draft when they had the three first round picks. Ooooh Chara is gone.... ooooh yada yada...
The Bs are freakin’ Rasputin

They're like Michael Myers. You can kill him but he comes right back at you :laugh:
I love this.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Pretending I said anything like that and trying to make a narrative and getting yourself worked up about it is a strange take. Boston beat us in almost every metric in the last series and lost, no one here is pretending we are some unbeatable wagon, except some Leafs fans coming in to stir shit.

We could out faceoff, out shoot, out hit Boston and lose the series. Wins are what counts, but there were some positives for us I thought and its going to be a tight series.
To be clear, most of my post was just overall venting, not directed at you personally. I agree this will be tight series, Fla definitely has their strengths over Boston, but these teams are closer than people are willing to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad