GDT: ECSF #5|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|Don't let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Maatta missing a wide open net from 6 feet will be ingrained in my memory forever.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Am I crazy thinking people blaming murray for that goal are out to lunch?

Ovechkin can score from that spot, he's done it many times before, I like that the goalie squared up that shot. What should never have happened was Letang watching vrana take a shot from right in front of the net instead of doing literally anything else. There should never have been an opportunity for a centering pass from ovechkin to get a shot off.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Winning two straight will be hard. Did it against the Lightning though.

I can see us winning Game 6 but not Game 7.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
And there's the game. Game on Maatta's stick and he blows it.

Not entirely his fault...but this game hinged on teams capitalizing on their chances. We didn't. They did.
If it is solely anyone's fault, it is Letang. Not Maatta.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If we lose this series this game could very likely be the one that sealed Letang being traded..

He's not getting traded. JR isn't gonna panic over losing a series in the 2nd round after back to back Cups.

Maybe if we see another playoffs/season of the same type of mistakes.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Am I crazy thinking people blaming murray for that goal are out to lunch?

Ovechkin can score from that spot, he's done it many times before, I like that the goalie squared up that shot. What should never have happened was Letang watching vrana take a shot from right in front of the net instead of doing literally anything else. There should never have been an opportunity for a centering pass from ovechkin to get a shot off.

He went way too far to one side, wouldve been in perfect position to stop it, but it is still on Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad