Dec 14, 2017
DcaG49KX4AAMl0Z.jpg
[
That photographer needs a pay raise.

Holy f***.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I Just don’t think that was major worthy. There were a number of those hits this year that didn’t get called.

The unsportsmanlike will come eventually if he does crap like the licking. Seems the league always takes a while to pull the trigger and usually a pretty stern warning precedes it.

I'm actually with you on the hit. I think it was borderline. Maybe a minor, but I'm not overly upset about it not getting called. The lick has to get an unsportsmanlike misconduct though, even if it doesn't come with a minor.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Coulda shoulda woulda doesn't matter. Focus on what is rather than what could/should be (in your view).

My mom taught me that anything someone says before saying the word but is automatically discredited.

You're not losing a 7 game series. Right now you are in the position of losing in 5 games. That's a pretty big difference. Guess you're stuck in lalaland still. I don't care about how frustrated the Bruins fans are. Deal with adversity, or sink to the bottom of the lake and join your first round opponent in bad golfing jokes.

You aren't going to find a whole lot of empathy here. Good teams get bad calls all the time and don't make excuses when things don't go their way. A lot of Boston fans are using these excuses to victimize their situation.

I personally am not having any of that ****.

Bad calls is a bad look to the league, but licking another man in the face isn't? HAHAHAHAHA.
One affects the play, the other doesn't

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The Bruins coach crying about the calls in the post game interview was pathetic.
Lobbying is a thing in the playoffs. Look at Babcock talking to the refs about Bergeron in the faceoff circle in the Bruins/Leafs series.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Can someone Photo shop that picture of Marchand hoisting the cup and kissing it?Change the cup to some golf clubs because this series is over.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Lobbying is a thing in the playoffs. Look at Babcock talking to the refs about Bergeron in the faceoff circle in the Bruins/Leafs series.
Do Bruins fans realize no one is listening to them? If fan whining mattered they'd be contenders but it doesnt.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
One affects the play, the other doesn't
You're making it sound like McAvoy got f***ed up on that game tying goal, when in reality he got touched and lost his balance because he's weak and wanted to draw a penalty.
Or, you're making it sound like Boston scored a game winning goal in overtime that was called against them. Strange, because I don't remember any sort of thing happening either.

Playing the victim all the time must be exhausting. There's always going to be bad calls. If you can't beat your opponent, or the refs, then you have no business being in the playoffs to begin with.

Reactions: TampaWantsTheCup

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
The Bruins have been getting outplayed and losing. If the series was tied, I would say the results don't reflect the matchup. But it's not, and they do.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wow so sick of hearing about how the games are being called.

It's not going to change anything at all. Find a way to win or go home.
If you are a true hockey fan you would be embarrassed by the officiating you saw last night . If you want the sport to grow , you can not have games being won or loss by poor officiating

Reactions: powerstuck

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If you are a true hockey fan you would be embarrassed by the officiating you saw last night . If you want the sport to grow , you can not have games being won or loss by poor officiating
good point. The league has to stop catering to the already established hockey market of Tampa and recognize that they'll never win over the sapling Boston market with officials like this

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Now, licking a guy? Totally fine. Not embarrassing at all. Great for the sport, in fact.

Reactions: Stamper

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
can't believe 63 is going to be able to play the last game of the bruins season, the NHL has just told the league and its fans that multiple sexual assaults are OK but don't do it a third time or there will be supplemental discipline...

what a farce the NHL, get that human some psychiatric help already for **** sakes.

This. I'm pretty sure if I walked into work Monday and just started licking people I'd get smacked, hit, arrested and fired. Marchand gets to kiss and lick people in his profession and his boss is like;

"Now Brad, we know you licked Leo and Ryan but we need you to stop. In the meantime continue working, getting paid and these guys in uniforms will stop anybody from hitting you when you lick John on his upper lip."

Pretty ridiculous the message this sends out, though is anybody surprised? I'm not. The league wouldn't know what to do if he licked Crosby though.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I disagree...before this season started many people had the bolt winning it all....yes they looked rather poorly for awhile...but it does look like they are getting it going and to have an excellent team like the Bruins on the ropes tells me this Tampa team is waking up.....I doubt their is a more talented team in Hockey and they will give anyone in the West a terrible time ....

Sorry but have you watched Jets vs Nashville ? Both teams look miles ahead of anyone in East, and yes that includes my own team, the Bruins.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Now, licking a guy? Totally fine. Not embarrassing at all. Great for the sport, in fact.
In no way am I saying licking a guy is acceptable or good for the game. I am saying a game being won or loss by poor officiating is an embarrassment and a terrible way to try and grow the sport. Respond to my post not another issues there is already a thread for the licking and I totally agree it does not belong in the game.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
This. I'm pretty sure if I walked into work Monday and just started licking people I'd get smacked, hit, arrested and fired. Marchand gets to kiss and lick people in his profession and his boss is like;

"Now Brad, we know you licked Leo and Ryan but we need you to stop. In the meantime continue working, getting paid and these guys in uniforms will stop anybody from hitting you when you lick John on his upper lip."

Pretty ridiculous the message this sends out, though is anybody surprised? I'm not. The league wouldn't know what to do if he licked Crosby though.

Honestly I am not sure what surprises me the most...between so much people being angry at Marchand for doing it, or the few people understanding it's the league that needs to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad