Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Rene will sing again - GOLF LEAFS GOLF - B's Win Game 7 - 7-4 FINAL

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
It was a lovely drive to and from work here in Toronto. Sports talk radio spent pretty much every minute of the time that I was in the car having the 'where do we go from here' talk. Is Matthews elite? Was Andersen overworked? What do we do with Gardiner? Yadda yadda yadda. Man, I'm so relieved that that's what I'm hearing instead of the alternative.

Purposely didn't listen a single bit of sports talk radio until this morning. Man it was soooo sweet.

Only Bruins fans outside of Boston understand what we have to go threw when the Bruins are facing Montreal and now the Leafs in the playoffs. Plain and simple we are outnumbered. When they lose a game and especially a series, we hear it. Even worse, we are all alone except for a spattering of other Bruins fans that we know.

There is the taunting at work, in the streets, passerby's with their blue and white flags hanging off their cars. A tiny bit of success (because the Leafs have had so little) and they shout it from the rooftops. If the Leafs would have won...the gloating would have been heard far and wide.

I often think about the city of Boston after the B's have been eliminated from the playoffs. I am envious in a sense that at least, the city gets to grieve united, together. I can picture the slight shaking of heads, the consoling pats on the back, the venting and maybe a few comforting hugs, all done together. As an outsider as I said, I have to go through this on my own and have it thrown back in my face.

I spoke to a cashier at the grocery store today that epitomized all of this. She was wearing her Bruins shirt and I looked over at her and said love the shirt - Go Bruins! She gave a fist pump and walked over to me. She talked about how she had been taunted the last 3 days after the Leafs won games 5 and 6. The Manager had also told her that she was not permitted to wear her Bruins gear even though other employees were allowed to wear their Leafs stuff. She wore that shirt today, (I'm not sure if she was even allowed too) despite the death stares that she was receiving all day.

On days like this though, after a WIN, I knew how she felt. Nothing would get her down today, and those angry faces of those people who had to rip down their Leafs flags from their cars, makes the victory that much sweeter.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

BOSTON -- They sang Wednesday, full-throated, relief and happiness and exuberance pouring out of them with every word.

Long after the music stopped, the puck had gone back into play, the crowd at TD Garden found release, where minutes earlier they had found only nerves, only worry, only concern that this would be the end of the season.

No longer. Now they believed. Now they sang, a full extra verse of Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer" as play continued on the ice. Now they knew.

Bruins treat fans to Game 7 for the ages in win against Maple Leafs

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I had no faith going into the third period.

Once it started though... wow. Krejci especially looked like he was shot out of a cannon. I want THAT Krejci for the rest of the playoffs. He was flying.. everyone was. They somehow found their second wind so whatever was said between the periods worked insanely well

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Heard Tuukka being called a sieve a few times. I really hope Rask hears this and comes back with the fire of all fires.
I think that was totally unfair as far as this game went. Two deflections with screens and a clear cut breakaway with a great move. Not one of those 3 shots were stoppable. The Leafs didn't get many chances but the ones they got were primeau. I don't think he deserved the criticism he got

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
General thought: If you call Tuukka Rask a "sieve" you should stop watching the sport, because you don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about.

It was Cherry who said Rask was a sieve in game 7. I highly doubt Don will stop watching hockey anytime soon.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
all I got to say they won....dominated 3rd period like they pretty well did all season
oh I did pick bruin's in7 just saying lol

Reactions: Bruin

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Got a shoulder hug and face lick from the dog because I'm crying like a baby...

What a third period!!
Love that doggie up! Sadly, my best friend of over 16 years didn't make it to game 7, passed earlier in the day. Every goal became a tear fest, because he always jumped up in surprise when I'd cheer, then come get some loving when he'd see I was happy.

Desperately needed the positive distraction, so thank you Bruins!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Love that doggie up! Sadly, my best friend of over 16 years didn't make it to game 7, passed earlier in the day. Every goal became a tear fest, because he always jumped up in surprise when I'd cheer, then come get some loving when he'd see I was happy.

Desperately needed the positive distraction, so thank you Bruins!
I’m so sorry-we lost our 15 year old a couple of years ago and still miss her.

We have a 10 year old and the two young pups in my avatar now (the boy on the right is an awesome hockey watching partner).

Our pups bring so much joy in such a short time.

Reactions: Jdavidev

germanbsfan

Jan 17, 2012
Aachen, Germany
Before we start our series against Tampa tomorrow, I made a History Will Be Made Montage for Game 7 against the Leafs.

Bruins became the first franchise in NHL playoff history to overcome three deficits, to win a game 7

Reactions: TCB and Alicat

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Before we start our series against Tampa tomorrow, I made a History Will Be Made Montage for Game 7 against the Leafs.

Bruins became the first franchise in NHL playoff history to overcome three deficits, to win a game 7

Resilience-it is one intangible the Bruins have in spades.

Reactions: germanbsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad