Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I definitely do. I am toying with the idea of a nap but I think I may just go to bed early instead.
Your pic reminded me of a job I was doing in Tyngsboro , Mass last summer when a family of 5 bears decided to come out of the woods at dusk and the homeowner not living there yet.. while I'm working a deck....scared the hell out of me....lol

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I'm saying we didn't EVEN have 4 to give him. That's how bad our cap situation was.

You're not getting him for less than 4-5. So let's not pretend we chased him. We had no money for him.
Well, they had options like trading Ullmark or Jake. Yeah, I get it, but it ended up that they didn't need him. I was not impressed with his play this year. He ended up on the third line there and went for the cash, which is not the mindset we need here. Brazeau is better than him right now.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The B's tried to sign Bert, but he wanted a multi year deal. By the time he realized he would only get one year from anyone due to Cap issues around the league, the B's had sign 4-5 1M/yr players and had no money.
I'd take him back in a a heartbeat.

Boqvist
JVR
Wotherspoon
Geekie
Shattenkirk
If the Bruins had given him 5 million how would they have filled the roster ,I guess with Providence players?

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
As I laid in bed sleepless watching the Pasta goal on rewind in my mind a thought occurred to me. So this is how it felt to be a Habs fan for all those years when the Montreal jinx reigned over the Bruins. And for a brief moment my heart went out to the Leaf fans whose heartbreak I had known so well through the first thirty eight years of my Bruin fandom. But only for a brief moment and then I said screw that, better them than us. They can lay on the beach all day in the Miami sun and then come see us on the ice in Sunrise. Not sure which headline I prefer, Swayman Saves Steal the Series, Hampus Heaps Heartbreak on Hogtown or Pasta Puts Leafs out to Pasture. Anyhow pack your bags, we got another roadie.
Was sure one of the local media outlets would use headline: “Pasta answers the call”

Reactions: aguineapig72

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
In all fairness, when you play for a nutty city in what ever sport it is, there is tremendous pressure. Bruins are under it as well. I always say when free agents sign with those type of teams, get ready for it. In baseball you have Boston, New York, Philly. Hockey is Toronto, Montreal, Boston etc. it’s not easy to play in those cities. Toronto played good enough to win easily. Not sure they need to make crazy moves.
All great points....people sometimes don't realize the pressure and stress these players are under. This series could have gone either way. The Leafs should very proud of how they almost sent the The B's golfing. Swayman came up huge. He will only get better with time and playoff experience. He is focused and in the zone watching him come up big.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I sent my daughter a rally towel (Calif). Her little dog (Fenway) liked it.

1714927227104.png

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I REALLY hope they can get a fair deal done for Swayman

..he deserves a great contract.....with backpay
Steve Dingle Dangle said this morning that the Laffs had the opportunity to draft J-SWAY, but went after another goalie, who was injured early in his career and had to retire.
The BRUINS picked J-SWAY right after Toronto's pick.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Really happy for Pasta Lindholm and Sway

Have to imagine this will give them some momentum. No Bennett would be big, hate that guy, he'e very effective though

Underdogs now, suits them much better
This team needs to have different players and lines come up big from game to game. The only player who was consistent for those 7 games was Swayman in that series. Sad ...but true

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Steve Dingle Dangle said this morning that the Laffs had the opportunity to draft J-SWAY, but went after another goalie, who was injured early in his career and had to retire.
The BRUINS picked J-SWAY right after Toronto's pick.
Btw, according to Steve, J-SWAY wanted to be drafted by Toronto. Might help explain Sway's success against the Laffs. That little extra motivation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad