Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When I read this it makes me open up a flight website and look to fly to Boston for game three to be around it. Won money tonight that will cover a flight. Now to get a hotel and ticket!
Do it!

My daughter (lives in Napa Calif) sent me a photo of the ticket she purchased last night for game #4 (Mother's Day). She is in our row 3 seats from us. I love it!

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
3rd line was incredible

It's the bottom 6 that has to make the difference next round. I prefers ours to theirs. I prefer our D to theirs. I prefer our G to theirs.

Their top 6 is MENTAL. So really, all the areas we excel at we have to really get quality from.

Reactions: BMC

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I have said this many times and I will repeat it.

The Leafs' downward spiral began when their brain trust decided not to lock up Bobby Orr thinking he was too small to play in the NHL. Montreal also dismissed him as an NHL prospect.

The Leafs then stagnated as a complete lunatic got control of the team, one Harold Ballard.

Ballard died 34 years ago but nothing has changed.
I dislike Ballard for evident reason.....Leafs can suck for another 10 years...

What a great morning. Monkey offically off the back, Great experience for the young guys, now have a round 1 in their back pocket. For me, just super happy for all of them, and for us, for getting another couple weeks of hockey. Good times indeed
This....

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Welp. They are basically calling for the same weather here as we had in game 4 so hopefully that’s a good omen for the Bruins. I just hope this time, the spiny things don’t happen.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
As I laid in bed sleepless watching the Pasta goal on rewind in my mind a thought occurred to me. So this is how it felt to be a Habs fan for all those years when the Montreal jinx reigned over the Bruins. And for a brief moment my heart went out to the Leaf fans whose heartbreak I had known so well through the first thirty eight years of my Bruin fandom. But only for a brief moment and then I said screw that, better them than us. They can lay on the beach all day in the Miami sun and then come see us on the ice in Sunrise. Not sure which headline I prefer, Swayman Saves Steal the Series, Hampus Heaps Heartbreak on Hogtown or Pasta Puts Leafs out to Pasture. Anyhow pack your bags, we got another roadie.
Maybe I am a bad person, but I loved the silence of the Leafs fan in the square after they were obnoxiously shown to us time after time and now had nothing to cheer for. Looking forward to watching Steve Dangle’s rant this morning. May even rewind it. I guarantee you no Habs fan ever felt bad for us when we had too many men on the ice and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Carpe diem. On to Florida.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Brick looked kinda pissed at first
As somebody else has pointed out already, probably wished that Jack could have made his “Dagger!!” call one more time. Speaking of reactions, it looked like Ullmark kept his arms by his side when Swayman was hugging him. Can’t be. Did the feed miss it?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So yesterday morning I'm sitting in a dressing room with a bunch of fellow beer leaguers playing in this charity tournament and the topic of dressing room music comes up. Wasn't really a big thing for me growing up in the age before cellphones and wireless speakers. But I chime in saying that our high school team would come onto the ice to Hells Bells by AC/DC.
SN/CBC do their musical montages to start all their playoff games. All ready for Game 7 and suddenly I hear the opening riff of Hells Bells, sure enough, that is the song they used for their Game 7 opening montage and most of their commercial breaks. I said to myself, that has to be a good sign, right?

Still, probably the most-nerve racking game of hockey I've ever watched. Bruins didn't repeat the 1st periods of Games 5 and 6 and played well throughout really. They played straight-line north-south hockey, lots of dump-ins, lots of board battles won and pucks won along the wall. Bruins defended the slot very well. Credit to the coaching staff for changing up the game plan and countering the Leaf's adjustments. And credit to the Leafs. Unlike 2013/2018/2019, I think they can actually take some positives out of this series.

I was wrong about Brazeau being dressed in this series. That's a legit NHL player and one that is unique and frankly a handful for opposing D-men.

Is Trent Frederic a long-term answer at C? Centering that power line with JVR and Brazeau he looked every bit the part. I don't expect JVR back next year but that line caused the Leafs D fits.

JVR brought it last night too I felt. He had an extra jump in his step he gave it his all last night. If he was going out, he was going out on his sword.

Mason Lohrei was a difference maker and the future for him is so bright it's not even funny. He's got Quinn Hughes-like qualities with the puck combined with a massive wingspan. Watching him break the puck out of the zone is a real treat.

What more can you say about Swayman? He's right there with the best goaltenders on planet earth today. Tim Thomas-esque post-season so far.

And there is this guy named Pasta who got a lot of flak from fans and his own coach. Instead of being butt-hurt about his coaches comments, he takes it to heart but is also a professional and continues to bring that positive attitude to the table. Incredible goal to finish the series and give Bruins fans a memory that will last a lifetime.

Onto the Panthers and chance for redemption from last year. But they aren't catching the Bruins off guard this year. They aren't inserting Bobrovsky into the middle of a series off 3 1/2 weeks rest. The way Swayman is playing the Bruins have the edge in net IMO. Can the Bruins D better handle the Panthers forecheck this year? I think they can.

And you have to wonder what the Panther's mindset is right now. Their last road game outside the state of Florida was a month ago (April 6) against our own Boston Bruins in 3-2 OT Panther loss at the Garden. They've been sitting in sunny Florida for over a month now. Can the Bruins catch them sleeping a bit and steal a game early on down in FLA?

I just love your posts!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What a great morning. Monkey offically off the back, Great experience for the young guys, now have a round 1 in their back pocket. For me, just super happy for all of them, and for us, for getting another couple weeks of hockey. Good times indeed
Hey @LouJersey ...Love seeing you here. I hope all is well!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As somebody else has pointed out already, probably wished that Jack could have made his “Dagger!!” call one more time. Speaking of reactions, it looked like Ullmark kept his arms by his side when Swayman was hugging him. Can’t be. Did the feed miss it?
Linus is Sways biggest fan. All during the game during a break (when Sway comes over to the bench) you can see their friendship. When Sway makes a good save Linus pounds on the boards.

I am sure Linus would love to play but he totally supports and likes Sway.

Everyone raise your coffee if you're feeling good today...lol. Can you imagine if round 2 goes 7 games.....My Achy Breaky Heart....:laugh:
Will do but it is tea for me.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
The second I saw Lindholm's pass it made me think of Krug - he and Pasta pulled this play a few times, often on PPs like the one in the video.

Nice to see it make its return, and in such a high stakes situation. Such a smart play by Hampus, and Pasta was on it in a flash. A moment of brilliance to end a series that had its moments but was probably for the most part a bit ho-hum in terms of quality. When you win though, you no longer care how you got there!
Best part was Marner letting Pasta go and not backchecking. Leaf fans are livid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad