Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I never post links to Main Forum threads but the OP here is worth reading and will likely brighten up an already spectacular Sunday morning.

Reactions: KWbruin

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’m just watching the highlights and it’s pretty obvious that Matthews was playing with more than just an illness. The way the Bruins were targeting him and finishing their checks on him tells me they knew he was injured and probably knew what his injury was.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
To all of you who lost money betting against the Bruins, I assume you are all very happy that our Bruins won.

I am so very happy, the joy of winning is the best. We have a whole day to relish the feeling, until the next series brings the stress. I am so tired, but it is worth it.

Here, one hour from Toronto, it is gloomy, grey, foggy, misty...so the sun didn't shine for the Leafs fans this morning, but it sure seems bright to me.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
This series was all Swayman. However, I also think Monty had a hand in this too. This was a team that over achieved all season. Including this series as they were out gunned on talent. For all those calling for Monty's head after game six, you might want to slow your role. Overtime was a set play. I keep telling myself the Bruins shouldn't be here right now and outside of Sway, Monty is why.

Monty is a very good coach as far as regular season goes, he has just had his first successful series win in the playoffs, and while I’m happy it worked out those roster moves after winning two in a row in Toronto were mind boggling. He was out coached by Maurice last year in round one so he gets his chance to redeem himself now, I know it’s not all on the coach but he does still have a lot to prove at this level this time of year.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
No morning Bru podcast today? Damn I was looking forward to it. That’s the downside of a playoff win on a weekend. No sports radio to listen to to break down the game.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
To all of you who lost money betting against the Bruins, I assume you are all very happy that our Bruins won.

I am so very happy, the joy of winning is the best. We have a whole day to relish the feeling, until the next series brings the stress. I am so tired, but it is worth it.

Here, one hour from Toronto, it is gloomy, grey, foggy, misty...so the sun didn't shine for the Leafs fans this morning, but it sure seems bright to me.
The sun will shine next Oct for the Leaf Blowers....until then......enjoy my friend.:banana:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Again, it's the old "fault of the players he plays with" argument.

McAvoy is talented enough to be able to play productively with any other defenseman. He's a horse. His game just needs to mature. I thought that process would have begun by now but seems to have taken a step back this season. He's trying to do more when he should actually be trying to do less.
Not really making excuses just offering idea,I don’t know really no what the problem with him is .

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
McAvoy with just two goals in his last 44 playoff games. 0 goals in his last 20.

I know he’s not here for huge offensive production but I’d like to see him put a couple in the net. The Bruins are going to continue to need offense from their blue line especially against Florida.

Reactions: BBruins

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I never post links to Main Forum threads but the OP here is worth reading and will likely brighten up an already spectacular Sunday morning.

Are some valid points

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul

Wash...Rinse...Repeat from these delusional people. But like you said ...very enjoyable on this Sunday Brunch Day.....I think I'm going to fry up some delicious Thick Canadian Bacon and drop it into a loaded Omelette.:cool:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
McAvoy with just two goals in his last 44 playoff games. 0 goals in his last 20.

I know he’s not here for huge offensive production but I’d like to see him put a couple in the net. The Bruins are going to continue to need offense from their blue line especially against Florida.
Wow....those are horrible stats right there...never would have thought.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1714921154094.jpeg

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
In all fairness, when you play for a nutty city in what ever sport it is, there is tremendous pressure. Bruins are under it as well. I always say when free agents sign with those type of teams, get ready for it. In baseball you have Boston, New York, Philly. Hockey is Toronto, Montreal, Boston etc. it’s not easy to play in those cities. Toronto played good enough to win easily. Not sure they need to make crazy moves.
Philly is pretty fairweather for baseball. Fans pack CBP when the Phillies win, over half empty if they aren't .500. St Louis, a ton more pressure for baseball every year.

Pressure in a Canadian market for hockey is truly unique in North American Pro Sports. Even though other sports & teams have grown in popularity in Canada (as you see with the Raptors, Blue Jays, NFL, and various soccer growing), the country is most knowledgeable about hockey, so the media & general populace puts insane pressure on the team(s). 82 regular season games in a fishbowl plus playoffs. Big reason why the lovely Canadian Cup drought continues.

In the NFL, the pressure is just once a week, 17 games. In the MLB, too many games (162) and general decline in national interest has led to less pressure on players. In the NBA, pressure is focused on the stars plus the NBA team is not usually the most popular team in that market. In Canada, only Toronto has other Big 4 teams; the NHL is the big sport & those guys on those teams crumble under pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad