Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Marchand-Zacha-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Coyle-Geekie
Heinen-Frederic-JVR
Beecher-Boqvist-Lauko
marchand-beecher-pasta
debrusk-zacha-geekie
freddy-coyle-heinen
lauko-boqvist-brazeau

if heinen can play he should be in.
maroon and jvr sit
coyle needs his ass back on line 3. sucks, cant win faceoffs.
beecher should center our 2 studs. he has speed and wins faceoffs for ozone time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is just me but since the Renaissance period 2007-2024 this is the third biggest game to me

Cup Finals 7th games occupy spots 1&2

This is 3

Everything they stand for is on the line

They win and get toasted in 5 by Florida it’s ’yeh whatever’ but this is choke reputation till they win a Cup again

They have the better everything to me if Matthews out

But they are 0-5 in elimination games in last 12+ months and 0-8 at home in playoff games 2,5, and 7 in Blues Panthers & these Leafs

Crazy we are here again

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
21 scoring chances?

11 high-danger scoring chances?

Would like to know where those numbers came from.
Not sure. None of those numbers jive with naturalstattrick, including the time on ice (though NST also has him 2nd in minutes, just a slight difference in time by about 40 seconds.

According to that site- Brazeau led the team in High Danger Scoring Chances For %. Lohrei was 8th in that stat, and 2nd to Wotherspoon among D. Lohrei led the team for being on ice for HDSCF with 9.

Bottom 5 in HDSCF% were Lindholm, Debrusk and then the bottom 3- Boqvist, Beecher, Maroon.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
marchand-beecher-pasta
debrusk-zacha-geekie
freddy-coyle-heinen
lauko-boqvist-brazeau

if heinen can play he should be in.
maroon and jvr sit
coyle needs his ass back on line 3. sucks, cant win faceoffs.
beecher should center our 2 studs. he has speed and wins faceoffs for ozone time.
Beecher to the first line ? He literally never had one shot on net last night,do agree Lauko needs to come in for Maroon what a stupid pickup that was especially coming of back surgery.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dont forget 09 against Carolina and 04 against MTL
I still count 2013 Toronto as a choke loss. down 4-1 with 10 min left.
take 2011 out and the wins in 18 and 19 against the Leafs, and they havent done crap in game 7s at home since the early 90s!!!!.
I can tell you one thing. Its a given they will start like hot garbage. If Swayman tires and has a weak game, they will be down early tomorrow and will self destruct.
If they win tomorrow likely Swayman is first star

He should get a statue, a blank check, and 1/2 price on a puck in the wall in Hub Hall saying I saved this franchise

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The team that wants it more will win the game. The issue is, the Bruins have been saying they want to, but they haven't shown it the past two games.

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Beecher to the first line ? He literally never had one shot on net last night,do agree Lauko needs to come in for Maroon what a stupid pickup that was especially coming of back surgery.
yes. coyle and zacha cant win a faceoff and they arent doing anything out there, I would def like to see beecher up there. see what he can do. He did have a shot on net, and that was playing with that loaf Maroon.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
This pretty much sums up the Bruins anemic offense and their inability to sustain any offensive zone pressure.

Also not a great sign when Carlo has been your best defenseman in back to back postseasons. I love Carlo, but he's a #3. He should not be outplaying McAvoy and Lindholm. Lindholm especially has been such a disappointment

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Marchand gets two minutes for getting the hell out of the way ! The officiating has been as lopsided as the games. The Bruins have been bad but the officiating in my eyes has been very pro-league (Toronto ). On top of that Lohrei gets boarded without a call Bruins ice the puck and the Leafs score on the ensuing face-off.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
yes. coyle and zacha cant win a faceoff and they arent doing anything out there, I would def like to see beecher up there. see what he can do. He did have a shot on net, and that was playing with that loaf Maroon.
Just sad that even trying this in a game 7 being considered isn’t it.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
On the rare positive side. Lorhei looks ready for heavy duty next year.
This experience for Beecher and Lohrei and even Swayman is pretty much the key to these playoffs for me. I wish Poitras were healthy so he could also be getting reps.

I'm annoyed, but also pretty calm going into this game 7.

They need to add two dynamic players with the Cap space and they should have enough. I'm pissed about the Bruins lack of shots on goal, but when I see Morgan Geekie on the top line and Zacha getting worked at center, I know I have to be patient and look beyond.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Marchand gets two minutes for getting the hell out of the way ! The officiating has been as lopsided as the games. The Bruins have been bad but the officiating in my eyes has been very pro-league (Toronto ). On top of that Lohrei gets boarded without a call Bruins ice the puck and the Leafs score on the ensuing face-off.

The miss call on Lohrei was brutal. Then Mac with the bad icing, boom goal. Is this going to be reviewed by the league? I have seen less of a hit that was looked at.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The tactical problem is having a hole a center that gets exposed in the playoffs...Coyle is an outstanding third line center but not a #1 and a stretch as a #2.....Zacha is wing and while he can play center isn't a line driver.

All this complaining about the lack of No.1 C or whatever has nothing to do with it. It's just an easy excuse. Our opponents only true No.1 has been compromised or absent since Game 3. The number of difference makers at in this league you could plug in at C and actually matter you can count on basically two hands. Connor McDavid isn't showing up here. Neither is McKinnon or Barkov or whoever.

This is a roster composition issue and a tactical issue. The forward group as a whole just isn't fast enough for playoff hockey. It's fast enough for regular season hockey. Has a Leafs D-man even rushed the puck once the past two games? They know it's not their strongpoint meanwhile they know the Bruins don't have the speed to push the D back off the rush. So they are holding the defensive blue-line better, taking away the slot easier, forcing the Bruins to beat them wide and they can't do it.

And you need two elite forwards in your prime to win in this league. Bruins have one and they aren't giving Pastrnak any room to breath. Pasta feeds off the east-west as does the rest of the group and the playoffs is a north-south game, especially when playing on bad ice like Boston or Florida.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Some also laughed when they got Max Domi, but he's shown up and is making a difference for the Leafs and he's killing the Bruins at the dot..
Domi and Bert are impacting the games. Maroon not so much. I thought he would but doesn't seem to strike fear in the hearts of Leaf players. The Bruins are playing tentative and handle the puck like a hot potato in the defensive end. Hope the Bruins change things up for game 7. They have the goal tending. The need to go on the offense hard and get a lead and hang on. Leafs have all the confidence and momentum. 2 wins in the Bruin's barn is daunting. Three is a travesty. Not to sound like a broken record but it's time to send the Leafs packing.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Lohrei is gonna be better than Mac game one of next regular season with the way he’s progressing , he’s been a huge bright spot.
McAvoy aint who we thought he was. I think the heart issue has something to do with it, but he just isn't the stud #1 everyone projected him to be.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All this complaining about the lack of No.1 C or whatever has nothing to do with it. It's just an easy excuse. Our opponents only true No.1 has been compromised or absent since Game 3. The number of difference makers at in this league you could plug in at C and actually matter you can count on basically two hands. Connor McDavid isn't showing up here. Neither is McKinnon or Barkov or whoever.

This is a roster composition issue and a tactical issue. The forward group as a whole just isn't fast enough for playoff hockey. It's fast enough for regular season hockey. Has a Leafs D-man even rushed the puck once the past two games? They know it's not their strongpoint meanwhile they know the Bruins don't have the speed to push the D back off the rush. So they are holding the defensive blue-line better, taking away the slot easier, forcing the Bruins to beat them wide and they can't do it.

And you need two elite forwards in your prime to win in this league. Bruins have one and they aren't giving Pastrnak any room to breath. Pasta feeds off the east-west as does the rest of the group and the playoffs is a north-south game, especially when playing on bad ice like Boston or Florida.

Matthews has more goals in this series than both our top 6 centers combined. Center is a massive issue on this team. They’ve been invisible.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I love the fact that this team is choking, it's speed and supposedly skilled players are terrible but Pat Maroon is the guy getting the blame from part of the fanbase. Yeah his 10 minutes a night is making all the difference.

Maybe the fact that Coyle and Zacha have as many points as Maroon is more of an issue. With twice the ice time. Not saying to play Maroon more but he isn't the problem.

Oh Charlie Coyle numbers as a Bruin in the playoffs
GP G A PT +/-
68-17-17-34/-13

Pavel Zacha

13-0-8-8/-1

But it's Maroons fault.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
This experience for Beccher and Lohrei and even Swayman is pretty much the key to these playoffs for me. I wish Poitras were healthy so he could also be getting reps.

I'm annoyed, but also pretty calm going into this game 7.

They need to add two dynamic players with the Cap space and they should have enough. I'm pissed about the Bruins lack of shots on goal, but when I see Morgan Geekie on the top line and Zacha getting worked at center, I know I have to be patient and look beyond.
The top six on D looks set for next year..letting Grizz, Forbert and Shattenkirk all go frees up more than $7m

To your point they need to add two forwards ...one needs to be a center ( Lindholm?) and one willing to go to the dirty areas .....there is space available to make this happen,

would also like to see them add a fourth line forward who brings some " truculence "

And they can all likely fit without trading a goalie assuming Sway is somewhat reasonable ...Bs need to sign him long term

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Dont forget 09 against Carolina and 04 against MTL
I still count 2013 Toronto as a choke loss. down 4-1 with 10 min left.
take 2011 out and the wins in 18 and 19 against the Leafs, and they havent done crap in game 7s at home since the early 90s!!!!.
I can tell you one thing. Its a given they will start like hot garbage. If Swayman tires and has a weak game, they will be down early tomorrow and will self destruct.

I've seen all the Bruins playoff flops going back to the Canadiens in 1971.

Never have I seen the Bruins put together consecutive weak performances like the past two games. Even Games 5 & 6 last season the B's were not terrible.

Consider they are the team with the goalie standing on his head.
Consider the Leafs don't have their best player.
Consider the Leafs are the team with weak defense and poor goaltending.
Consider the Bruins had 3 shots on goal in the first periods, combined.
Consider the only meaningful goal the Bruins scored in 2 games was Freddy from Maroon.

This really smells bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad