GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I did not mention Peter Forsberg anywhere, and that's pre-salary cap era ?

You think Stamkos has been the best player, or top 4 player on Tampa ? Please let me know if you think he has been better than Kuch, Hedman, Vasi and Point

Even more clueless of a post that I originally thought LOL.

You think Letang was more important than Sid, Geno, Kessel and Guentzel on their last 2 cup runs ? :laugh:

Fairly reasonable take, although I'd personally have put it a bit less emphatically. I'm more of a non-confrontational person. :)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm tired of seeing the Leafs. Bruins might choke this if it goes to seven.
I'm tired of the talking heads in Toronto......but wouldn't mind if Toronto advanced so they could get trounced 4 straight by the Panthers.

or the Bruins just blow them out tonight for the Leafs 7th straight loss at home in the play offs. 🤣

BTW.....anyone know what is the record for numer of conseutive play off losses at home?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Leafs fans get to play what if all offseason because of Matthews and Nylander missing portions of the first round. Offseason should be fun.

You forgot about the Referees, Marchand's sleeves, Marner, Samsonov, Keefe, Shanahan and Marchand's bribing the refs. I am sure I am missing a 100 more excuses.
And you forgot the one that's been around since 2011 - Colin Campbell is still helping the Bruins. :laugh:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
What trolling games lmfao, you can't answer a simple question ? Do you believe that missing Auston Matthews, the teams best player, has absolutely no effect on his teams success ? Because you have been insinuating that in many of your posts, I just want to clarify.
Not pandering or playing into the yearly bullshit Leaf excuse machine. This time of year every team deals with adversity, injuries, bad calls, or what have you. Some Leaf fans in these playoff threads are just filled with excuses why the Leafs are down in the series. Now you want me to agree to an excuse of Mathews being ill as why the Leafs are losing.

So, I'll leave you with this instead, the Bruins are the better team and it's time for you to give credit where credit is due instead of bellyaching.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
You forgot about the Referees, Marchand's sleeves, Marner, Samsonov, Keefe, Shanahan and Marchand's bribing the refs. I am sure I am missing a 100 more excuses.
BEHOLD! The Maple Leaf fan book of excuses-2024 edition
image-4232496772.jpg

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He asked if McDavid being out (Or Stone, or Kuch)"wouldn't matter at all?" Literally verbatim.

So, what you are saying is it wouldn't, right?
not for a game or two.

Drai, Hyman, Kane showed up in the playoffs and I feel we could have gotten past LA without McDavid.

The real screw up for Toronto was starting Samsonov. Woll has given them chances to win. I can't remember if he was injured or not to start. Toronto played quite well without Matthews, suspiciously better. Everyone trying to feed Matthews the puck might be the death knell. They were forced to be creative and aggressive without Matthews.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
In reality though, McDavid does exist and he’s an Edmonton Oiler.
Just to clarify, the same Edmonton Oilers who were gifted FOUR #1 overall, a #3 and a #7 in six years and have won exactly the same number of third round games as the Leafs over an even longer time period?

Those Oilers?

Edmonton fans talking shit. You can't make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad