Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Losing Peeke is looking like a pretty big deal as this series goes on. I think we’ll be fine on Saturday, but I had a good feeling about tonight too, so what do I know.
nah, its not the defensive end thats the problem. They are creating zero chances in the offensive zone. Peeke isnt fixing that.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
At this point I just want the cap to go up so that they can acquire a real center and a playoff stud like Marchessault. Saturday is win/win for me.
Did Reinhart re-sign? If he’s available I would throw a bunch of money at him too. Don’t know why he would leave FLA, it’s worth a try though.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I seriously had my reservations about Montgomery NOT being fired last year. I understand it, but I'm sadly not surprised by this series collapse. So many here enjoying the Leaf fans suffering forgot about last year and game 5's which is the beginning of the choke jobs.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
The stark contrast of what the Leafs D zone looks like vs the B’s and it’s not hard to see why the B’s are sucking. Edmundson, Benoit, and liliwhatever are owning the B’s in every zone and Max Domi is the one dictating play. They just don’t have the talent in head to head matchups when you have time to dissect your opponent and their effort levels don’t seem to rise when it gets tough.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Same thing year after year with this group.
Force them outside. Dump and no chase ensues. Easy exit from the zone. You could set a clock to it.

The high slot is open all day vs Toronto but you have to have some faith in your defenders they can both accept a pass and get shots through.

As for tonight, I told my co-worker who is also a Bruins fan I’ll see you Saturday. She didn’t believe me but we’ve all seen this show before.

Ps that no call boarding in the 2nd period before the goal was gutless and is the exact reason I’d never engage in the NHL’s attempts to get me to gamble on their pre scripted outcomes. Suck it Fan Duel you leaches on humanity

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Penguins fan here, but I come in peace, and I'm rooting for the Bruins in the series (don't hold Toronto fans in very high regard!). I've seen a lot of 3- 1 series leads get blown over the years, and a LOT of Game 7 losses by the Pens, so it always pains me to see other teams go through that (except for the Leafs). I still think Boston will win Game 7, but Pastrnak has got to play a lot better - he absolutely killed your team tonight - too much spinning and BS pass attempts.

I am curious though - if the Bruins lose Game 7, will Montgomery be fired? Having watched now 7 years worth of MIke Suillivan led-flameouts in Pittsburgh, will another marquee team have the patience to stick with their coach?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Did Reinhart re-sign? If he’s available I would throw a bunch of money at him too. Don’t know why he would leave FLA, it’s worth a try though.
Sign Reinhart and convince Florida to trade you Lundell for Lindholm and the rights to Sway when he inevitably says “get me the f out of here”

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I dont want to hear any more about everyone dreams to play in game 7, thats why we play the regular season yadda yadda. You been enough of the dreams and its turning into nightmares for the fans.
I had a dream last night but, it wasn't about hockey.:naughty:

Reactions: DoubleBack

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The biggest good news I take out of this, is that Lohrei is looking like a gamer in the playoffs. He was probably the best all around defenseman tonight. That bodes well for the future.
He and Debrusk stood out in a positive way. Only two skaters for Boston i can say that about.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If I'm Swayman I wouldn't sign a new contract with the B's

..he'd be smarter to go to a team who have a brighter future and playoff type players

The Bruins have too many players who are very good regular season players, but shy away from contact and wilt under playoff pressure

..and their head coach is a very good regular season coach who wilts under playoff pressure too
He’s an RFA he’s going nowhere.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
The stark contrast of what the Leafs D zone looks like vs the B’s and it’s not hard to see why the B’s are sucking. Edmundson, Benoit, and liliwhatever are owning the B’s in every zone and Max Domi is the one dictating play. They just don’t have the talent in head to head matchups when you have time to dissect your opponent and their effort levels don’t seem to rise when it gets tough.
They lost nearly all board battles in the offensive end, either too slow to get there, or just get wiped out. That's what drives me insane with Pasta, one of the worst board battlers in the NHL.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Underrated aspect on how bad Monty is. A smarter coach (read: every other coach in the league) is losing his mind about that missed call and letting the needs hear it. Instead he does nothing and we got 0 calls in a third period we mostly spent with possession.
No, SportsNet showed video of Monty screaming at Rooney when the horn sounded for missing that dirty hit on Lohrei.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Penguins fan here, but I come in peace, and I'm rooting for the Bruins in the series (don't hold Toronto fans in very high regard!). I've seen a lot of 3- 1 series leads get blown over the years, and a LOT of Game 7 losses by the Pens, so it always pains me to see other teams go through that (except for the Leafs). I still think Boston will win Game 7, but Pastrnak has got to play a lot better - he absolutely killed your team tonight - too much spinning and BS pass attempts.

I am curious though - if the Bruins lose Game 7, will Montgomery be fired? Having watched now 7 years worth of MIke Suillivan led-flameouts in Pittsburgh, will another marquee team have the patience to stick with their coach?
Yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad