Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Embarassing. I hate this leafs team but they've completely owned us these past 2 games. Woll is bad, we need to make it harder on him.

I hated the games of :

Maroon
Geekie
Boqvist
Lohrei
Lindholm

Idk what you do but put in Lauko and keep Beecher and Brazzeau in at all costs. We need young, angry legs. Idk what to do at D. Carlo looks strong but other than him it's dicey

Reactions: CamMac

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Same old crap. All of the heart aches over the years with the Montreal Canadiens, Flyers, Blackhawks, Panthers, Blues, etc. . Now the Leafs.

I hope they spend the 21 mil of cap space available wisely and do something constructive for a change. I am sure you can get better value than Jake at 7 mil, move on.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If there was any justice almost every player in the roster save a few exceptions is playing for their jobs Saturday and the jobs of the front office as well.

In reality Monty will go and our new coach will head into next season with two third line centers for a 1 and 2. Or they just win and get rolled by Florida and everyone gets to live on happily.
Yeah, as much as Monty neeeeeds to go, they're just going to run back the same roster with David Quinn behind the bench

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Maroon played 9:02, lowest on the team.

9 minutes too much, after his early hit.

Utterly useless. By far the slowest player in the NHL. John Scott skates faster.

The Bruins win when the forecheck is constant. Tonight there was a one player forecheck, if even one player.

Maroon was months behind the play. Brazeau is slow, but in a position to attempt a hockey play. JVR is slow... but perhaps contributes offensively?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Where do you guys go to watch Post Game Pressers? I would like to hear Monty talk his way out of this one.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If there was any justice almost every player in the roster save a few exceptions is playing for their jobs Saturday and the jobs of the front office as well.

In reality Monty will go and our new coach will head into next season with two third line centers for a 1 and 2. Or they just win and get rolled by Florida and everyone gets to live on happily.
If they get through to FL even if they lose its a positive on the season. I never expected them to make it to the second round unless they play the Leafs in the first. I still feel like that is the case, but I pause because a team that didnt learn last season to put away a team when up 3-1 is destined to repeat that same mistake.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Falls on the head coach and the captains. From top to bottom the last 2 games have been absolutely gutless and spineless.

Precedent be damned, I would kindly thank Montgomery for his work the last few years and buy him a first class ticket home. Over the last 5 elimination games I don’t see how you can let this guy coach a game 7. He simply doesn’t have it.

Pasta, with whatever he’s dealing with right now, is hardly any more effective than Msroon right now. Disgusting to watch
What Monty simply doesn't have, except for goalies, is a talented team. That he got 109 points with this club is nothing short of a miracle.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was clear after Boston's lose to Florida last year that the forward group was significantly lacking in greasy speed and that may fly in the regular season, but it doesn't in the playoffs.

If anything this forward group is slower and the Leafs coaching staff have figured out how to exploit it. Probably by watching film of last year. If you were down 3-1 to a team that the previous year was also up 3-1 and blew that series lead, you'd be a moron not to go back and watch some of that film and see what they did to push the series back in their direction for a series win. The Leafs D aren't phased by the speed of the Boston forwards.

Other than swapping Lauko out for one of Brazeau/JVR/Maroon and hoping Heinen is fit enough to play, the forward group speed-wise is what it is. It's on the coaching staff to get the most out of the speed they have. Strategically, lines, etc.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Montgomery born in Montreal, dude is a plant to destroy the Bruins..not that it matters who wins this series because Florida already took out both last playoffs.
Also it is written in "Monty"'s contract that he needs to guarantee good ol Jeremy an extra home game. As usual the Bruins will either get burned and choke the series away or get blown out in the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad