ECQF Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs 3PM CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It seems like the last 5 or 6 seasons or so the trend has been to pull the goalie with 2 minutes instead of 1. I've always hated that strategy especially if your team has been pressing hard 5 on 5. One lucky shot down the ice and the game is over.
I've heard that statistically it makes sense to pull the goalie even earlier than most coaches due, but i have to say watching games I agree with you.

Especially because Toronto was losing puck battles to the Bruins most of the game but were managing counterattacks. You couldn't really count on them keeping the puck deep long enough to get the 6th man out there.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
There was a Toronto poster who said this series was over and done with in another thread. If you find him, you might want to remove his posting privileges.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Leafs played good at the beginning and good at the end. Were terrible in the late 1st and entire 2nd period. Well-deserved Bruins win. Toronto missed so many shots. Need to hit the net.

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
I mean I know they are down by 2 with under a minute but the Leafs look like they resigned to a game 7....not a good look.

Think they had a good push and that Bruins was under the cosh, but Marchand was too good for them in that goal.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
An embarrassingly quiet Scotiabank Arena. The Leafs made a good push there at the end, five minutes to go, BIG THINGS HAPPENING, possibly the final home game of the season, TEAM IN NEED OF SUPPORT, and the place was a morgue.

And that's the home of the biggest fanbase in the NHL. Carolina, Vegas, Nashville, Columbus, Long Island fans, so called "small markets" rock those corporate assholes sitting on their hands today. All other Canadian teams had better support. Flames, Jets fans have nothing to be ashamed of.

WTF Leafies? I understand it's a matinee game, but THAT'S the last home game of the season?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Boston played an excellent game. Toronto just can’t bring it for 30 minutes. You’ll never beat the best teams like that. If they play at 100% for a full 60, I have no doubt they win Game 7 though.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm not convinced Boston is a good team. Without Brad Marchand this game would be easy win for Leafs. Leafs looked like better team even in the loss.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
those 2 stupid... just stupid penalties in the 1st did it... Freddy was just amazing, a couple of saves that were candidate for save of the playoffs thus far imo... it could have easily been 5-1 if not for him

and ******* Chara.... can someone please scream out his name when you see him walking on the street so he can hit his head on a traffic light?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad