GDT: ECQF Game 6 | Breaking the Curse | Leafs @ Lightning - 7pm ET | CBC, SN, TBS, TVAS, & BSSUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Time to shine in the state of sunshine! We must stand tall, redemption is our only call! It's time to break the curse.
Breaking the Curse.png

Projected Lineups (note these are subject to change)

Breaking the Curse (13).png

Breaking the Curse (2).png

Key Stats for the Series

Breaking the Curse (3).png

Breaking the Curse (4).png

Breaking the Curse (12).png

Key thoughts +
Bonus Thoughts

Breaking the Curse (11).png

Rocky showed perseverance and hope in the face of overwhelming odds. Similarly the Leafs need to overcome the curse, and prove every other fanbase in the league wrong.

Breaking the Curse (10).png

The bonus.....
Breaking the Curse (7).png

It's has all come down to this Leafs Nation. We're here, let's come together, cheer our team on. Once again, its our time to shine! It's time to break the curse!

Go Leafs Go.png

Attachments

• Breaking the Curse (9).png
    Breaking the Curse (9).png
    344.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Breaking the Curse (6).png
    Breaking the Curse (6).png
    374.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Breaking the Curse (4).png
    Breaking the Curse (4).png
    309.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Breaking the Curse (1).png
    Breaking the Curse (1).png
    407.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Breaking the Curse (5).png
    Breaking the Curse (5).png
    486.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Breaking the Curse (3).png
    Breaking the Curse (3).png
    274.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Always appreciate the effort that goes into making these posts. That said, it's not up to Keefe to get this team ready. If these guys need someone to get them ready then we have no shot. These guys are pros, it's the biggest game of their lives for most of them (not for guys that have won cups, obviously they've been in bigger games) and they should 100% be ready when it's time to play, more ready than they've ever been.

I'm Ready
==========
I am ready, as ready as anybody can be
I am ready, ready as anybody can be
I am ready for you, I hope you ready for me

I got a axe-handled pistol on my graveyard frame
That shoot tombstone bullets, wearing balls and chain
I'm drinking TNT, I'm smoking dynamite
I hope some screwball start a fight

'Cause I'm ready, ready as anybody can be

All you pretty little chicks with your curly hair
I know you feel like I ain't nowhere
Well, stop what you're doing, baby, come over here
I'll prove to you baby that I ain't no square

Because I'm ready, as ready as anybody can be

I been drinking gin like never before
I feel so good I want you to know
One more drink, I wish you would
I takes a whole lotta loving to make me feel good
https://genius.com/Muddy-waters-feel-like-going-home-lyrics
'Cause I'm ready, as ready as anybody can be
Willie Dixon

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Always appreciate the effort that goes into making these posts. That said, it's not up to Keefe to get this team ready. If these guys need someone to get them ready then we have no shot. These guys are pros, it's the biggest game of their lives for most of them (not for guys that have won cups, obviously they've been in bigger games) and they should 100% be ready when it's time to play, more ready than they've ever been.

I'm Ready
==========
I am ready, as ready as anybody can be
I am ready, ready as anybody can be

I got a axe-handled pistol on my graveyard frame
That shoot tombstone bullets, wearing balls and chain
I'm drinking TNT, I'm smoking dynamite
I hope some screwball start a fight

'Cause I'm ready, ready as anybody can be

All you pretty little chicks with your curly hair
I know you feel like I ain't nowhere
Well, stop what you're doing, baby, come over here
I'll prove to you baby that I ain't no square

Because I'm ready, as ready as anybody can be

I been drinking gin like never before
I feel so good I want you to know
One more drink, I wish you would
I takes a whole lotta loving to make me feel good
Muddy Waters – Feel Like Going Home
'Cause I'm ready, as ready as anybody can be
Willie Dixon
Appreciate the kind words. And totally agree, it's as much on the team if not more on them to come out every game to play 100%.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Oakland A's are going full fictional Indians "Major League" so far this year with no reason to think its changing. They are a contender in this conversation.

Hope getting dashed is heartbreaking, but lest we all forget, no hope is infinitely worse. Depends how long you've been around. Personally my fandom dates back to early/mid 80's. Those teams were bad, and run by a psychopath to boot. That shit was way worse then anything that has come since.

Second worse was post-lockout to AAM time (After Austin Matthews). Frigging depressing. For a long long time. No hope. Been on this board for all that. Not pretty.

Give me this over those two eras all day long and twice on Sunday.

Do I expect more? Yes, yes I do. I will be severely emotionally upset if they can't get past this round. And I should be. But another 20 years from now, if I am looking back over the eras, it's not going to be this one I'm discussing, win or lose, as the darkest chapters of Leaf fandom. Not even close.

And too this end, HF Leafers, love this day coming. The excitement, the anticipation, this is what it is to be alive as a sports fan. Not dead like so many other years. Have fun. BeLeaf. Plan a parade. It's so much better then a lot of what we have gotten for yes, 55 years.

Go Leafs Go!
Baby.

Reactions: Brown Dog and Lauro

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Time to shine in the state of sunshine! We must stand tall, redemption is our only call! It's time to break the curse.
View attachment 698961

Projected Lineups (note these are subject to change)

View attachment 698963
View attachment 698964

Key Stats for the Series

View attachment 698975
View attachment 698983
View attachment 698978
Key thoughts +

Bonus Thoughts

View attachment 699045
Rocky showed perseverance and hope in the face of overwhelming odds. Similarly the Leafs need to overcome the curse, and prove every other fanbase in the league wrong.

View attachment 699020
The bonus.....
View attachment 698989

It's has all come down to this Leafs Nation. We're here, let's come together, cheer our team on. Once again, its our time to shine! It's time to break the curse!

View attachment 699003

The thing that will piss me off the most if we lose this series is we'll hear about how our top players can't get it done when this is the 2nd series in a row where our top players are absolutely clobbering Tampa's in points.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If we blow another 3-1 series lead...at what point do we kinda just realize it's never meant to be and quit? Because at that point there's gotta be a higher power at work somehow lmao.

Like how much more can we take? Statistically doesn't even make any sense. Even the cubs ended their drought a while back.

Please just somehow win tomorrow. I don't care if you get swept in the 2nd rd, I just want this godforsaken 1st rd curse to end

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Did you guys watch the Bruins/Panthers game 6. Wow. Passion. Grit. Determination. Speed. Hate. An all-out fu*king war.

Sorry but the Leafs have nothing on either of those teams. When comparing, it's so easy to see how fragile, weak and soft this Toronto team really is. It all becomes so obvious when you watch the Florida/Boston series and put them side-by-side. Those two teams are full of rugged soldiers. By comparison the Leafs are full of pushovers who are afraid to get dirty. Their top 3 or 4 guys (we all know who they are) are super talented but also super soft. And they aren't winning a anything when their top line is full of these butterflies. Sorry but this is the way it is.

They don't stand a chance.

Tampa Bay comes out blasting in game 6 and ruins the Leafs, sending it back to Toronto for yes another game 7.

And everyone knows what happens there.

This movie is complete even before we watch it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please, just win this ******* thing

I've supported this team for over 40 years living in New Zealand of all places
That wasn't easy before the internet

Surely 20 years of constant pain deserves some sort of payoff

Come on boys, one great effort
That's all I ask

GLG

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Regardless of the Leafs history of failure in past playoffs ... after the performances shown in the first 5 games I would be shocked if Tampa doesn't win the series.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'd rather see Woll in net, at least he absorbs shots. Samsonov's goal is to just be hit by the puck, from there the puck bounces around like a pin ball game.

Reactions: Confucius

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Asked the chatgpt

"Hi! How can I help you?
You
How would you coach maple leafs this next game against tampa bay. Wich lines would you apply and wich strategy.

As an AI assistant, I can provide you with some suggestions on how to coach the Maple Leafs in their game against Tampa Bay. Based on their previous games, it would be a good idea to focus on improving their defensive strategies. The team should look to tighten up their defensive coverage and focus on preventing Tampa Bay from getting high-quality scoring chances.
In terms of line combinations, I would suggest keeping the top line of Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, and Zach Hyman together, as they have been producing a lot of offense. For the second line, I would suggest pairing John Tavares and William Nylander together, as they have good chemistry and can create scoring opportunities.
For the defensive pairings, I would suggest keeping Morgan Rielly and T.J. Brodie together, as they have been playing well together. For the second pairing, I would suggest pairing Jake Muzzin with Justin Holl, as they both bring a physical presence and can play strong defensively.
Overall, the strategy should be to focus on team defense and limit Tampa Bay's scoring chances. The team should look to stay disciplined and avoid taking unnecessary penalties, as Tampa Bay has a strong power play."

Most coaches can keep there dayjob, at least for now.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Hoping Tavares moves to the wing but I doubt it happens.

Tavares has 8 OiGA in 89.4 minutes... and he doesn't P.K. It's a GA/60 of freaking 5.4. Yet I can basically already guarantee you Cooper will get the match up he wants and hound them with the Kucherov line. I hate to say it but J.T needs to be moved to the wing.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad